#1 2012-09-02 17:25:39

There's a movemnt about to get Ervin "Tootsie" Russell on the November ballot for the State Rep race..Tom "TOOT-Toot" Monaghan is chatting him up at John and Janes bequest, 150 write-ins needed for the right to have his aahhss handed to him by Rep Susan Williams!!..if only a debate could be arranged, is there anything better than Tootsies attempt at those million dollar words at TM??

From Tom and Sheila Monaghan with their permission and my support:

"In next Thursday's -September 6 Massachusett's Primary Election, State Rep. Susan Gifford has no Republican opposition and until recently no Democratic opposition either. We believe that no political race should go unchallenged. We are thrilled that Ervin " Tootsie" Russell has stepped up as a multi-talented, politically astute, active veteran, legislative aide to Barney Frank, dedicated community activist and now a WRITE IN CANDIDATE for State Representative in General Court here in Massachusetts.

Writing Ervin in this Thursday will allow his name to appear on the November ballot and provide a spirited debate between he and the incumbent.

We are asking you to take the time at your polling place on September 6 and on the ballot blank for Representative in General Court to use your felt tip pen to write in:

Ervin Russell

Gratefully,
Tom and Sheila

#2 2012-09-02 18:53:33

I get a big kick out of him when he speaks at Town Meeting.

Look up the word shill...that is "tootsie".

Write in Bill Whitehouse for the hell of it.

#3 2012-09-02 20:53:32

That groaning rumble you hear is the sound of stiffs flipping from end to end of Centre Cemetery. Thanks, Dan. I owe you one.

#4 2012-09-03 03:58:05

Harrythebarber wrote:

There's a movemnt about to get Ervin "Tootsie" Russell on the November ballot for the State Rep race..Tom "TOOT-Toot" Monaghan is chatting him up at John and Janes bequest, 150 write-ins needed for the right to have his aahhss handed to him by Rep Susan Williams!

Tripped over the perfect campaign flyer for them earlier this evening. Dates from the 30s.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/planetoftheknobheads.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#5 2012-09-05 19:27:11

It's not inconceivable that Tootsie could win in an election for state rep... it's not like Gifford has done much for Wareham.  If anyone can garner the Cape Verdian vote, it certainly would be Tootsie.  Hey..he can't do any worse than Gifford.  At least he would be accessible for more things than photo ops.

#6 2012-09-08 19:48:54

Has anyone heard if there were any write-in votes and if they amounted to anything?

#7 2012-09-10 07:46:46

Mixie last I read he had just a few votes short of 100

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com