#1 2012-06-08 06:22:38

This Is Rediclous , What A Damm Waste Of Money, There Is No Way That This Should Cost 22 Million Dollars , And There Will Be No Parking Places For People To Park To Use Theese Stores, I Suggest Wareham Week Or The Courier Go In And Visit The Merchants On Main Street And Seee What They Thing Of This Project.

#2 2012-06-08 06:28:59

Anybody Who Would Pay 22 Million Dollars For Theat Crap Dpwntown Has To Have There Head  Looked At , Hay For 22 Million Dollars I Yhink You Could Put A Parking Garage  Downtown For This Kind Of Money .

#3 2012-06-08 09:08:49

Think about it of course it isn't true. The project for the Cranberry Highway planned by the state is half that number.  Perhaps you should very your facts before spreading fiction. 
The funding comes from the federal govt to the state and is awarded  to local communities.  No town funds are being used for the project.

#4 2012-06-09 07:27:48

well concenersd how much money then is being payed for this project and i consider state money i concern also as i am a taxpayer.

#5 2012-06-09 08:43:26

Wtf? Where on earth do you come up with this stuff?  It was a 1M dollar grant, and I hope the can continue finding funding to try and really update Main Street because it needs it.  I agree with most that the bump outs were the worst idea they could have come up with, but I fully support the project.  Maybe the next phase will assist the real estate owners of getting out of the 50's and 60's era storefront designs and bring in some much needed updates.   An update to Merchants Way would be nice, they have a wonderful train depot that is need of some tlc also.
No disrespect to you green hornet but if you are going to inform people you should be a touch more accurate.   Spreading bullshit is Bobo's job!

#6 2012-06-09 14:54:43

mr spankey i read this number in wareham week under comments on the story about the street scape thats said the figure that was quoted which i repeated was in the wareham courier, check it out so that we will all know the truth, but the facts are we are loosing a lot of parking spaces. mr spankey.

#7 2012-06-09 14:56:07

mr spankey we all know that slager is a liar, i however i am not one.

#8 2012-06-09 16:24:07

Well, I read this site before the courier so I apologize.  But the fact of the matter is that the project on Main street was awarded something to the tune of a million $$'s.   Where the hell the Courier got 22 Mil is beyond me.

#9 2012-06-09 17:40:33

$880,000  grant..the only ones enjoying it are the Union Employees and anyone who walks in the Downtown area..as opposed to those wanting to shop there..

#10 2012-06-09 17:48:35

Harry is there a phase 2. If there is a phase 2 is there anyway the merchants on Main Street can have some input and express their concerns about what has happened so far.

I don’t think we need that many bump outs. I am not the best parallel parker; they took away all the easy parking spaces by putting in those stupid bump outs.

#11 2012-06-09 18:11:30

Im hearing phase two will extend past the Fire Station and phase three will extend to Besse Park..the front of my shop all the way to Cornwells has been reduced to two spots..the parking situation has been become a bit of  a "Seinfeld episode" with two cars trying to get in the spots..I dont believe CEDA Director Pina about the amount of spots that have been eliminated: there were FIVE removed between Cornwells and the Jug Shop!!

#12 2012-06-09 19:10:19

Yikes Maybe if you or some of the other merchants go to the next CEDA meeting you could give them some input. Just because some designer is getting paid lots of money to come up with these plans doesn't mean they know how Wareham works. If they get rid of more of those easy parking spaces I won't shop on Main Street, unless the store is near the public parking lot

On a side note, Harry how do you join or post on community interrupted. I clicked join but I can't figure out how to post.

#13 2012-06-09 19:53:26

Bottom line, the process that brought us this redevelopment gift sucks and if I have to hear one more person say, "they meant well," I will assplode, leaving the mess - just like this project - for someone else to clean up.

This particular abortion gestated at least 5 years. Well attended public meetings were held, and no one listened. I was there and heard the same objections I'm hearing now.

Never again, ok?

Last edited by billw (2012-06-09 22:32:47)

#14 2012-06-09 21:24:35

They should have done what they did in Onset, old fashion lights, and brick crosswalks. The idea of trees is nice but most of the time the trees grow taller than they say. In larger cities they plant larch (I think) because the leaves are smaller but they still add up in the fall, they block the sewers and the sidewalks are a mess with all the leaves.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com