#1 2012-05-23 20:00:48

I was surprised to see the voter requirement pass tonight at Town Meeting.  I thought the lawyer who got up to speak made logical points.  I knew his position was valid.  In any other Town I would have supported the lawyer.   I wanted the motion to pass in Wareham because of the games the Donahues play.  I wonder what was in the minds of the other voters?  I was pleasantly surprised when it passed.

#2 2012-05-23 21:20:31

I couldn't have said it better myself, Mixie. Wareham can not afford to discourage -anyone- from participating.

Amit Johar showed poor judgement but I've known him four years and like him.

I hope he learns from this and tries again.

Tonight was my last town meeting for a while. I'll have pictures to post later.

#3 2012-05-24 07:11:03

i also agreed with the lawyer but i voted for this voter requirement  because of the crap the donahues keep pushing, screw the donahues.

#4 2012-05-24 07:12:26

and guess what jane donahue is ugly as sin and that is why  thsy call her the cript keeper.

#5 2012-05-26 11:28:29

Bill, Amit seems like a nice young man but he doesn’t live in Wareham, at least not at the address on Cranberry Highway. Why would you want someone who lied about living in Wareham to try again?

#6 2012-05-26 12:35:32

mackenzie wrote:

Bill, Amit seems like a nice young man but he doesn’t live in Wareham, at least not at the address on Cranberry Highway. Why would you want someone who lied about living in Wareham to try again?

Four of our five sitting selectmen have lied to my face. The count isn't five to five because I don't know Alan Slavin that well, but if I searched this site twenty minutes, I'm sure I'd harvest half a dozen or more of Alan's whopping, succulent steamers.

Buy me a heaping clam plate, and I'll show you how to pass off your lies as gospel. Everyone has their price (mine are clams) and everyone lies, even infants. Especially infants.

Amit lied about his residency - and, ahem, you'll recall I reported that fact here first - because he believed Larry Gains, John Donahue, Bruce Sauvageau and Bobo the Clown when they assured him, no biggie, doesn't matter, nobody cares. They certainly didn't care, they were desperate. Think anyone who lives here is foolish enough to listen to them anymore?

Put yourself in Amit's shoes a minute. Far as he knows, the aforementioned shitwits ARE the Democratic party in Wareham and the town's crypto Republicans are a joke, with Bob Brady as the punchline.

So Amit fucked up. He believed them. Since my post four messages north, Amit's sister has told me he'll run again over her dead body, or words to that effect.

Hmmm, clams....

Last edited by billw (2012-05-26 13:09:26)

#7 2012-05-26 14:43:13

I was concerned when I saw Amit at town meeting; I thought it might be a sign that he was going to run again.

Bill people that know me would never consider me as being patriotic. When I was in high school during the 60”s I would never pledge allegiance to the flag and still don’t to this day. The whole flag thing bothers me as well as the National Anthem and God Bless America.

On the other hand voter fraud really bugs me. During the 60’s in the south American’s were beaten and some were killed by other American’s because they wanted to register to vote and they were also intimidated when they finally did go to vote. So although I don’t consider myself as being very patriotic, the one person one vote is really important to me and anyone who fucks with that system really aggravates me.

Amit may have listened to bad advice, but he is old enough to know what he was doing was wrong.  I don’t know the Donahues but I do know Larry Gaines and he should be ashamed of himself. I haven’t seen him since the election but when I do I’m going to let him know exactly what I think about him helping Amit.

On to a more important subject who do you think has the best clam plate in town, or within 15 miles of town?  I’m going to guess that you like whole clams and not just the strips.

#8 2012-05-26 15:54:57

It's hard not to get good whole belly clams.  I used to like Gene's in Fairhaven, but have grown tired of them.  Lindsey's and Kool Cone are good.  I am sure there are some better that I am not thinking of at the spur of the moment.  Then there is also mussels and steamed clams.

#9 2012-05-26 16:04:38

I like kool cone and also oxford. Oxford also has great fish and a huge serving when you order just fish.

#10 2012-05-26 20:39:33

The fact that Amit from Plymit registered to vote one day before the "fugitive" Schneider resigned was a little troubling..his involvement with the Wareham Chamber of Commerce didnt do him any favors in many people's eyes (anyone join the Chamber yet?)..Andrews at his functionwas just another reason not to vote for the guy and thankfully the Town responded..does anyone really think he has lived one day in this Town??

#11 2012-05-26 20:43:47

Now, for the important stuff..the best clam plate in Town can be had at VEL'S!!..consistent recipe for years, lightly fried, generous sized, very fresh, ample portion..I prefer a pub table in the bar, good view of the KENO screen..

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com