#1 2012-04-30 15:08:54

Bill I know you don’t want us bring things from Slager’s site but this email is interesting and kind of scary. Notice she signs the email COA director. If she was still the COA director we would not be paying Susan to be interim COA director.

Her current title is social services assistant
Although she is making the same salary that the COA director makes. I have been told as long as Marcia holds onto her position there is not enough money in the budget to hire a COA director. Andrews made the deal with Marcia, he would give her this bogus job and she wouldn’t sue the town.  She was told she was not allowed to enter the Multi Service Center and has not set foot in that building since she has had her new job title. Andews and Susan initially screened which people she would be allowed to help.;

For all the idiots on Slagers site Marcia NEVER EVER wrote a grant that was funded. There were two grants written by Karen from CEDA wrote two grants for the COA, grants that Marcia tried to take credit for writing.  Susan who has been interim also has written and been awarded grants for the COA.

Andrea you only saw Marcia on her best behavior, you never saw her screaming at her staff or at seniors that came into the building, trust me if you had you would have been horrified.  Ask Liz how bad she was she will tell you the truth.

The seniors that come to the center everyday and some of the meals on wheels drivers celebrated with a cake when they found out Marcia was no longer director and was not allowed to enter the MSC.

By: robertslager on 4/29/12
Just wanted to pass an e-mail along:

On Monday evening at Town Meeting the town will be asked to vote on a budget that will reflect the lack of support for Wareham Seniors and those residents in need of Social Services. The town will be asked to pass a budget that cuts the Council on Aging and Social Services to shreds. At the April 2009 ,Town Meeting I requested a name change (Article 44) from The Council on Aging and Senior Social Services to The Council on Aging and Social Services to better reflect the needs of the town as I had discovered since I was hired in December of 2008. I learned early on that Wareham residents regardless of age needed Social Services and I would not turn a resident away who was in need. Now we are being asked to turn our backs on our most meedy residents.

Marcia Griswold

Director Council on Aging and Social Services

Last edited by mackenzie (2012-04-30 15:22:47)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com