#1 2012-04-13 13:17:59

WCTV started posting it's own meeting videos online. Welcome!!

I spoke with someone at WCTV and they told me that (so far) they've uploaded the BoS and School Committee meetings from 2011. ..And will be deciding at their next board meeting whether they'll continue to post videos. I've added a link to their YouTube Channel below. If you go to the page..and "click" subscribe..you should be notified whenever they add a new video (you can also do this at my YouTube channel..if you wanted).

While I already posted all the BoS meetings in 2011..WCTV's video quality is better..and they have a number of School Cmte. meetings that I never posted. I've added one of their videos here. It's called "Conversation with the Superintendent: Spring Town Meeting 2012". I've also added a link to a school administration document titled "The Cost of Amending the Budget for FY 2013". Watch and read (please)..be informed before you vote.

I'm glad they've started adding their videos (and hope it'll continue). Kudos WCTV! Now..if we can just get people to watch them..we'll have actually done something!

The Cost of Amending the Budget for FY 2013

WCTV's YouTube Video Channel

#2 2012-04-13 13:44:42

Dave DiPietro wrote:

While I already posted all the BoS meetings in 2011..WCTV's video quality is better..and they have a number of School Cmte. meetings that I never posted.

[...]

I'm glad they've started adding their videos (and hope it'll continue). Kudos WCTV! Now..if we can just get people to watch them..we'll have actually done something!

I suppose, if you're sedated, and bedridden, and mislaid your remote.... maybe.

It's incalculable value - apart from making ass-fun of your friends and neighbors - is archival, a lasting record of what happened, when. My question is this: how easy is it to capture and sample the video format WCTV posts?

Last edited by billw (2012-04-13 16:58:24)

#3 2012-04-13 14:52:53

Congratulations and thanks to you Dave for providing us all with years of meetings of all kinds on video.

I know how difficult and time consuming it was for you. I have been in the business long enough to know that you have spent, literally, hundreds, probably, thousands of hours editing, posting and down loading.

It is difficult for people to know the work you did, but I do, and I thank you again, on behalf of everyone, for your diligence, dedication and commitment to Wareham and it's citizens.

You ARE the man, little brother.

#4 2012-04-13 14:55:42

By the way....you can rest now :)

#5 2012-04-22 10:53:44

I don't know, Dave, but I'm not sure I like the emerging attitude at WCTV.

They have cut live streaming from Town Meeting, which because of its nominal expense implies WCTV is tightening their editorial control of the "product", that's to say, our democratic process.

Still photography at TM is already strictly circumscribed.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com