#1 2011-09-12 15:13:40

If Schneider took his children out of our school system, because he accused them of a crime, does he have to recuse himself from anymore voting on school issues until the matter is investigated and charges brought?

#2 2011-09-12 15:21:47

Menrva....good point, except Schneider has no right to vote on School Board issues. He is a Selectman. The School Board is autonomous.

#3 2011-09-12 16:43:32

What about the bus issue or the school budget or requests for extra money?

#4 2011-09-12 17:09:58

I  am not sure about the bus issue.

My recollection is that the bus issue was some meetings between the TA and the Super. regarding the purchase or leasing of school buses. Kind of trying to work together to present something to the voters at Town Meeting if it was called for. I recall nothing ever came from it. Politics took over and some members of the BOS created a lot of enemies on the School Board.

Any requests for money from the School Board goes before the voters at Town Meeting.

The School Board has complete autonomy over their budget.

The only ones that can touch the School Board's budget are the voters at Town Meeting.

#5 2011-09-12 17:34:49

I think the school bus issue will be an article at town meeting.
I think Andrews may be trying to pull a fast one. He wants to lease buses but says nothing about buying them when the lease is up. If he does this and sells the other buses it is possible that when the lease is up we will not have enough buses and have to go to a private company which is what the TA and his group wanted in the first place.

I wonder do you think Andrews would be that underhanded and sneaky?:-)

#6 2011-09-12 18:03:28

I think you are right on the button, Menrva

#7 2011-09-12 19:04:38

Menrva wrote:

I think Andrews may be trying to pull a fast one. He wants to lease buses but says nothing about buying them when the lease is up. If he does this and sells the other buses it is possible that when the lease is up we will not have enough buses and have to go to a private company which is what the TA and his group wanted in the first place.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/spokesmodel.png

SENATOR, HOW ARE YOU?

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com