#1 2011-09-11 19:12:00

Good evening on this fateful day.

In the oh-so-unique Mikey tirade last Tuesday, he stated straight out that there were open meeting violations going on. As someone who is deeply involved in helping a friend pursue an open meeting violation in another Town, this statement caught my ears.

Remember,the rules for open meeting violations changed last year. Now, complaints go to the offending Board, and only if unresolved do they get to the State Attorney General.

My friend has a strong case, the offending Board has admitted its error, but refuses to properly rectify it. The case has gone to the AG.

But, what to do here? One member of the BoS has stated his opinion that the Open Meeting Law has been violated, repeatedly, it appears. That Board member ought to file a complaint with the BoS, citing the specific violations. But, what if he doesn't have time while commuting to & fro, to say Maine? Or, the inclination. Or, is unwilling to confront the truth?

Is there some mechanism that a citizen/taxpayer/voter (as in, one who actually LIVES in Wareham) can initiate a complaint against the BoS?  My review of the Open Meeting Law over far too many hours, reveals no such opportunity. So, what to do?

It seems to me that the ordinary citizen/taxpayer/voter is shit outa luck (a technical term). But (here comes that big butt, follows me wherever I go), other members of the Bos could press the point. By challenging the unsubstantiated assertions of Maudlin Mikey, getting him to rescind his inflammatory comments. Or, by filing a complaint with themselves, demanding proof & evidence of the violations.

If the BoS lets this slide, then they have allowed themselves to be accused, tried & convicted. Remember, your BoS has been sanctioned before for multiple violations of the Open Meeting Law. Does it continue? Don't you want to know?

Mikey has opened the door. We need to see what is on the other side.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com