#1 2011-08-31 09:08:24

Andrews continues.

Last year we budgeted $300,000 or so for an IT (computer/system) upgrade. The request for bids went out in accordance with state procurement law. The bids were received back, but the upgrade was not awarded because sometime after the legal bid period was closed, a friend of Andrews’ also submitted a bid. His bid was not only late, but was not for the equipment or service requested in the “Request for Bid Specification”. The rumor is that Andrew’s friend then went around town hall visiting department heads offering Red Sox tickets to all his new friends should he get the bid.  People became aware of Andrews’ friend’s actions and his intentions and to award the job to his buddy and they began complaining of the impropriety. So Andrews held the award back. I believe the job was not awarded because Andrews wished to wait until he could quietly give it to his friend and then he just used the budgeted money to cover other things he’d done. Otherwise the funds would have been returned to Free-Cash for use in this fiscal year’s budget. It’s hard to tell where the money really went or is because of the “Three Card Monty” way Andrews moves money around now, but I believe the funds were spent.

Last week it appears that Andrews finally let the job go to his friend without a current competitive bid for this year and no one knows where the money is coming from. It’s important to note that his buddy was also not the low bidder. What’s even better is that there is nothing we can do to stop it without getting sued by the vendor now because Town Meeting decided to give Andrews the ability to enter into any contract without the agreement, consent or input of the BOS. So if he let the job go and signed a contract with his buddy, we cannot cancel the job without being sued.

I know people are filing complaints with the Attorney General and Ethics office. I believe Andrews’ actions will be found to be a violation of MA procurement, finance and ethics laws and that in an investigation, all the inconsistencies will arise, including whether or not gifts or bribes were offered for receiving the award.

There is a consistent history of Andrews giving jobs and contracts and favors to his friends at our expense. Everyone who wants to see this behavior end should contact the AG’s office, and file a complaint demanding an investigation.

Or maybe we deserve Bruce et-al, back in April.

#2 2011-08-31 16:37:16

Is it possible to get a petition sign by hundreds of voters stating our belief that corruption or at the very least unethical behavior is be exhibited by Andrews and because of his refusal to be open with the numbers we can not present evidence. And send it to the DA, DOR and ethics commission.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com