#1 2011-06-18 13:58:16

Where does the money that is not spent go? We don’t have a CEDA director or a COA director but I’m sure their salaries are in the budget. Does that money just sit there until the end of the year? If it does just sit there is it then used to pay off the new budget, should it go into the surplus fund?

There is an article on Wareham Week about a realtor who bought a home and paid $30,000 in back taxes. If other investors do the same thing isn’t that extra money? It clears the books but it is still extra money the town had not counted on receiving. When Wareham Week ran the notices on who owed and how much people owed in back taxes, did they put a total for all the money owed to the town?

Maybe Mr. Paulsen could answer some of my questions. What happens to the salaries if there are no personnel to collect those salaries?

#2 2011-06-18 14:20:26

A question I've been asking for years to no avail.

Here's the truth, folks.  Before the Most Incompetent BOS came to (and subsequently lost) power, this town had all departments fully staffed, and major department head positions were filled, if someone left, the position was filled as quickly as possible and not left open for years. 

All that was accomplished before all of the major building and influx of businesses came to town.  It was done without the revenue of the Wareham Crossing Mall, it was done before any of the other new businesses that came to town over the last decade.

Truth be told - this town used to do a lot more, with a lot less.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-06-18 14:27:27)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com