#1 2011-05-11 11:51:57

after a paid vacation at the towns expense (medical leve) marcia griswald will be back at her old job kicking the senior citzens in the ass.

#2 2011-05-11 11:55:26

wareham sign should change from the gateway to cape cod , to welcome to sucker town  were as you the tax payer will get it in the keister.

#3 2011-05-11 13:56:42

Grizzee She Is Back, Oh My Gaud.

#4 2011-05-11 18:18:29

I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think she is coming back as COA director. She will be working at town hall can’t get many details but it sounds like she has been placed in some job they made up for her. I’m sure the TA will say the job is a lateral move and therefore it did not have to be advertised. It will be interesting to find out the title of the job and if she will be making the amount of money.

#5 2011-05-11 18:23:02

Hello?

Any Selectmen home to answer the question?

#6 2011-05-11 18:53:22

She now working in " social services "

#7 2011-05-11 20:09:16

Dan, I'm closer to your home than mine, on the road this week. I have heard nothing official.

#8 2011-05-11 22:55:30

Shouldn't you have to know what social graces are before you work for social services?  I pity anyone who needs help and has to see her.

Maybe they have hired her to be like a Wal-Mart greeter at every selectman's meeting.

#9 2011-05-11 23:03:55

Wouldn't surprise me a bit (nor would anything). Expect the worst, and you won't be disappointed.

#10 2011-05-12 00:16:00

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/greenhornet.png
Green Hornet rolls again!

Pictured here, the original 1937 Lincoln-Zephyr, colorized from b&w.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#11 2011-05-12 06:52:13

Steve....stop by if you are that close :)

Bill W...that car reminds me of many pleasant things!!

#12 2011-05-12 07:39:38

At one of the town meetings Marcia put in an article to change the name of the COA from the COA to the COA and social services. There really isn’t a separate social service department anyone that needs help goes to the COA to sign up for food stamps, fuel assistance, food cards etc. If Marcia is now the head of social services does that mean she is in charge of the people who are currently doing intake and helping those in need. Marcia has no clue how to help these people, with her lack of people skills I doubt anyone will come in for help. If they are going to make social services a seperate department will she be paid the same amount of money for doing only half the job?

#13 2011-05-12 17:59:11

Either way, I don't want to see her back at any job that collects private information.  She is a huge gossip and is known to tell others about who applied for what and how much they earn, etc..

#14 2011-05-13 14:27:15

mackenzie wrote:

At one of the town meetings Marcia put in an article to change the name of the COA from the COA to the COA and social services. There really isn’t a separate social service department anyone that needs help goes to the COA to sign up for food stamps, fuel assistance, food cards etc. If Marcia is now the head of social services does that mean she is in charge of the people who are currently doing intake and helping those in need. Marcia has no clue how to help these people, with her lack of people skills I doubt anyone will come in for help. If they are going to make social services a seperate department will she be paid the same amount of money for doing only half the job?

Spring 2009 town Meeting article...

ARTICLE: 44
To see if the Town will vote to appropriate the name change from Wareham Council on Aging to Wareham Council on Aging and Social Services, or to do or act in any manner relative thereto.
Inserted by the Board of Selectmen at the request of the Council on Aging
MOTION: John Donahue, Consent Calendar
I move that the Town vote to appropriate the name change from Wareham Council on Aging to Wareham Council on Aging and Social Services. Second
VOTE: MAJORITY – FAVORABLE ACTION
The Board of Selectmen voted: Favorable Action (5-0-0)
The Finance Committee voted: Favorable Action (8-0-1)

#15 2011-05-13 16:29:53

BOS policy 08-01

In accordance with the Wareham Home Rule Charter (7-8, 4-2, 6-5) and with general hiring principles, the following will be the established procedure for filling positions that become available within Wareham’s Town Government.
Whenever a vacancy occurs, or is about to occur in any town office…or town employment, except for positions covered under the state civil service law or otherwise provided for under a collective bargaining agreement, the appointing authority shall, forthwith, cause public notice of such vacancy, or impending vacancy, to be posted on the town bulleting board….[7-8]
The appointing authority shall also cause the vacancy, or impending vacancy, to be advertised in a local newspaper of general circulation within the town. It is the responsibility of the appointing authority to receive quotes to determine where the advertisement is to be placed. The advertisement need not appear in more than one edition.
If the position is a department head or other salaried position, the appointing authority shall also cause the vacancy (or impending vacancy) to be advertised in a trade magazine and or trade website (such as the MMA.org). The vacancy shall be advertised for at least ten days.
Any person who desires to be considered for appointment to the said office or employment may, within ten days following the date notice was posted, file with the appointing authority, a statement setting forth in clear and specific terms his qualifications for the office or employment. [7-8] If there is a discrepancy between the posting date and advertising date, the latter date shall be used in order to give the applicants the greater opportunity to apply.
No permanent appointment to fill a vacancy in a town office or town employment shall be effective until at least fourteen (14) days have elapsed following such posting or advertising (the latter of the two) and until all persons who have filed statements shall have been considered. [7-8]
Appointments made by the town administrator shall become effective on the fifteenth day following the day on which notice of the appointment is filed with the board of selectmen, unless the board shall within said period, by a majority of the full board, vote to reject any such appointment, or sooner to affirm it.[4-2(b)] Notice is considered given to the board of selectmen when a written statement is delivered to and stamped in as received by the selectmen’s office for each selectman.
The notice shall include the name of the person to which the offer of employment was made and accepted by, the proposed contract specifics such as the title of the position, the wages, hours and other terms and conditions of employment. All such contracts proposed by the town administrator shall be subject to final approval and execution by the board of selectmen [4-2(n)].
All appointments and promotions in the town service shall be solely made on the basis of merit and fitness demonstrated by examination or other evidence of competence and suitability to perform the duties of the office or the employment. [6-5] No town employee shall receive additional consideration for a position by virtue of their employment with the town.
Date adopted: May 6, 2008
WAREHAM BOARD OF SELECTMEN

#16 2011-05-13 17:24:58

LizMcD wrote:

Date adopted: May 6, 2008
WAREHAM BOARD OF SELECTMEN

My, my, my. How did Bruce, Brenda, Jane, John and little Jimmy Potter Walter not see that one coming?

Last edited by billw (2011-05-13 17:25:20)

#17 2011-05-13 19:19:44

I’m sure the TA will say he is reorganizing depts. and Marcia’s job is a lateral move. He will come up with some kind of bullshit to explain the job. Bottom line I’m sure they asked Marcia to resign and she refused, the TA must have been told if Marcia sued the town for wrongful termination the town might lose. Because of what happened with Bliss I think the TA is a little gun shy when it comes to firing someone, especially someone like Marcia, she really knows how to play the game. He might think it is cheaper to give her some bogus job rather then lose a lawsuit.
I am concerned about Marcia’s big mouth she tells everyone everything about everybody. Someone better make it clear that all the information that is given to her when someone comes in for help must be kept CONFIDENTIAL. People have to know when they come in for help that what ever problems they are having will not be broadcast all over town.

Last edited by mackenzie (2011-05-17 07:38:47)

#18 2011-05-15 19:37:56

property.

Marcia Griswold – No one outside of Griswold and the town administrator truly knows why she was placed on paid administrative leave a few months ago. What is clear is that Griswold had been the target of vicious and unfair internet attacks since she agreed to serve the dual role as director of both the Wareham Free Library and the Counsel on Aging. The pressure of that must have been enormous.
    Griswold is back as social services assistant, and we wish her all the best.

I CANT BELIEVE THAT BOBO HAS MADE THIS MISTAKE 543 TIMES NOW, BUT FOR CHRIST SAKES ITS COUNCIL!!!!

#19 2011-05-15 21:02:07

Well, Bobo the near homeless HoBo has never shown spelling, grammar or literacy skills; yet he continues to behave as if he knows it all.

#20 2011-05-17 14:17:46

All of the appointments made by the TA will exceed the 15 day objection policy of the Charter.

No BOS meeting for how long after the appointments?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com