#2 2011-04-04 17:50:39

WELL, WELL, WELL, isn't this interesting?

Bobo the Windbag and his tin hat crew have been bloviating all weekend about how the Hypocrite Elite is blameless in all of this...but as it turns out, noneother than the Hypocrite Elite picked TA reviewed the situation and came to his own conclusion that Biz should be booted.

You may recall that Mike often opined on the name mike9f that Biz was great and so on....turns out, not so much.

Voters, you know what to do.  Throw the bums out tomorrow.  Get every voter that you can to get out and vote. 

Wareham cannot suffer the incompetence of the Hypocrite Elite for one more day!  Throw the bums out!!!

Vote DeFelice, Petersen Selectman, Vote Ashley Dep Moderator!

#3 2011-04-04 17:51:16

I wonder if Bobo cares to...oh, what's that old Bobo line....REVISE HIS STATEMENT?

#4 2011-04-04 17:56:20

Hey uh, why did the press release come from the Wareham Police Department?

Should we keep the 3D glasses and popcorn handy for this one?

#5 2011-04-04 18:14:03

Oh bobo. I reported this days ago. Bobo said that his "sources" claim otherwise and I was wrong. Hmm I believe bobo and his sources owe me an apology

#6 2011-04-04 18:22:26

Guess there are in excess of 900,000 reasons to get the Bee Jays OUT. Completely, finally, OUT.

As I posted before: You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Only this one monkeyed around WAY too much with real money, your money.

Begin to solve the problem. VOTE tomorrow to finish the job. Delete the Hypocrite Elite. Totally...

#7 2011-04-04 18:39:33

As strange as it seems, Lyn Skynyrd agree with me last week and now...sigh it looks we are in agreement again. Now we should all start to worry!

By: LenSkynyrd on 4/4/11
Here's what does not seem right to me, Robert. Andrews fired her based on the results of the audit. Why were those results a surprise to management? Andrews should have known prior to receiving the management letter, even prior to being audited, if his financial house was or was not in order. A strong company has its own checks and balances in place and knows well before the auditors arrive if it has anything to worry about. In those situations, audits are essentially a mere formality and are nothing to worry about.

Mr Andrews should not come out from this unscathed. Unless the accountant lied to him about the condition of the general ledger, Mr Andrews is just as much in the wrong here

You bet Mr. Andrews is just as wrong here. He was fully aware of the F/Y 2009 audit results and the DOR report from July 2009. This was not a surprise and if you look at his history at Lawrence, it is a pattern. So, let us examine a few facts:

1. Who gave Biz a raise and bonuse in F/Y 2011? Correct answer: Mark Andrews
2. Who has been touting his progress towards the issues outlined in the DOR letter? Correct answer: Mark Andrews

3. Who is hoping to lay all the blame on the Town Accountant? Correct Answer: Mark Andrews

Our Selectmen should hold Mark Andrews accountable. Now he is making moves to correct it, but what was his excuse in July 2010?  At the very least, he should give back his raise and any bonus money he received. He should have a letter in his file stating his blame in this serious issue. Just my opinion, he should be terminated just like he did to Biz.

The lack of credibility followed him to Wareham and will continue to follow him. Do we need to be the laughing stock of the Commonwealth???? Fire him!

#8 2011-04-04 18:43:19

Here is another interesting note: The audit report was received on 3/25/2011. Wonder who saw it before it was unveiled on 3/30/2011???? I was at the meeting and I know that most of the Selectmen didn't see it until that day. Does that sound transparent????? The date stamp on the audit draft was 3/25/2011. Hmmmm?????

#9 2011-04-04 18:47:07

Ellen ,mike , Donna And  Cronin All Have Said They Support The Ta ,all Have Said They All Like The Biz, All Want Stanley To Get The Police Job At Any  Cost. Do Not Vote For Them ,vote For Frank And Jennifer If You WANT OPEN AND HONEST GOV.

Last edited by redrobin (2011-04-04 18:48:30)

#10 2011-04-04 19:37:42

Larry McDonald wrote:

As strange as it seems, Lyn Skynyrd agree with me last week and now...sigh it looks we are in agreement again. Now we should all start to worry!

By: LenSkynyrd on 4/4/11
Here's what does not seem right to me, Robert. Andrews fired her based on the results of the audit. Why were those results a surprise to management? Andrews should have known prior to receiving the management letter, even prior to being audited, if his financial house was or was not in order. A strong company has its own checks and balances in place and knows well before the auditors arrive if it has anything to worry about. In those situations, audits are essentially a mere formality and are nothing to worry about.

Mr Andrews should not come out from this unscathed. Unless the accountant lied to him about the condition of the general ledger, Mr Andrews is just as much in the wrong here

You bet Mr. Andrews is just as wrong here. He was fully aware of the F/Y 2009 audit results and the DOR report from July 2009. This was not a surprise and if you look at his history at Lawrence, it is a pattern. So, let us examine a few facts:

1. Who gave Biz a raise and bonuse in F/Y 2011? Correct answer: Mark Andrews
2. Who has been touting his progress towards the issues outlined in the DOR letter? Correct answer: Mark Andrews

3. Who is hoping to lay all the blame on the Town Accountant? Correct Answer: Mark Andrews

Our Selectmen should hold Mark Andrews accountable. Now he is making moves to correct it, but what was his excuse in July 2010?  At the very least, he should give back his raise and any bonus money he received. He should have a letter in his file stating his blame in this serious issue. Just my opinion, he should be terminated just like he did to Biz.

The lack of credibility followed him to Wareham and will continue to follow him. Do we need to be the laughing stock of the Commonwealth???? Fire him!

Mr McDonald, I can't agree with you more but there is MUCH MORE.  First of all, don't count on LenSkynyrd to do much except spew his BS on BS's site.
While he's 100% accurate in his assessment of who is responsible (Mr. Andrews), he wouldn't make the tough decision to throw the BUM (imposter) OUT. Andrews should NEVER have been hired !  He's NEVER managed a town.  His only skill is lip service and it seems that he's made a professional career of it. 
More important in all this is the cost of VERY POOR decision making over the past three or four years starting with Swifts Beach, McAuliffe, then both Bliss boys (Bob and Don), Sanguinet, Biz, Andrews, Burke and his girl toy, Grizzy, the library fiasco, etc., etc.  We've let the good ones go and replaced them with incompetence.  Mr. Andrews should have been the first to go but Holmes is up his A _ _ and Walter believes everthing he's told and Cara can't do it alone.  I say get rid of them all !
And the sad part is that EB and MS are drinking the same kool-aid so if they're elected we'll be seing more of the same.  God help Wareham !
Begley and Schneider are just an extension of the Donahue BS. 
Vote for anyone but !

#11 2011-04-04 19:47:32

I just spent an hour going through the audit and the word is WOW! Wareham has serious issues. I am in the process of researching a very critical piece that could have long lasting implications and effect our ability to receive federal funding for programs. I encourage Lyn to read further into the audit!

I have asked for a copy of the issues in Lawrence, where Andrews was the Budget/Finance Director. Is this a pattern?

Our leaders need to make the tough decision to can this guy! If not, remember who voted to keep him.

#12 2011-04-04 20:20:50

This immediate action speaks volumes to the severity of the problem they are facing.  Andrews is going to use "Biz" to get himself out of a jam however this could have some serious reprecussions.  I doubt she is going to ride off into the sunset and not look back, I have a feeling some attorneys will be getting involved in the near future and ALL of Andrew's skeletons will start to be be exposed. 
Insted of being quoted in the paper for "Patting himself on the back" he should have been kicking himself in the ass!!  If any of the existing BOS believe for a minute that he's been truthful mostly Holmes and Cruz then they are absolute idiots!

This has nothing to do with gloating about the situation and the "were the winners and your the loosers" game as Im sure "Jim Jones" Slager will try to make it look like!  Its a sad state of affairs and it should not be happening, period.   

I cant tell people enough, we need to start fresh!

PETERSEN
DEFELIECE
ASHLEY
Please help guide our town to stability!

#13 2011-04-04 20:31:28

Bobo must be spinning like a top

#14 2011-04-04 20:43:55

I've noticed it's all quite "over there"...  Cat got your tongue Slager and followers?

Anyways, Spanky, how correct in your statement that nothing good has come of this.  There is a serious problem within our town hall that we all knew was there but just didn't know the depths it goes.  Rather than spending $60,000 + on a computer audit, an assistant to the accountant, might we have spent that money on a competant accountant?   At this point, we MUST get everything right!

#15 2011-04-04 20:51:52

Best of luck tomorrow for the election. I hope you have two new members of the BOS that share your vision for the future of Wareham.

Bad days ahead. it will take strong people to overcome what is about to happen.

Time to get the "house" in order.

#16 2011-04-04 21:05:32

bv

Last edited by redrobin (2011-04-04 21:12:06)

#17 2011-04-04 21:39:42

Hello All You Wareham Voters,

As you go to the polls tomorrow, keep in mind what Mikey said about Biz last year:

By: mike9f on 3/7/10
Biz sure did send a strong signal. I'm sure a good part of their attempts at discrediing her are directly related to what else she will eventually uncover

Ah, yes!  The old tried and true tin hat technique of claiming that criticism of their friends is really just an attempt by the critic to hide his or her own misdoings.  The tin hats have been foaming at the mouth for years that all of their critics will end up in jail, and they've flushed fortunes of taxpayer dollars down the drain in pursuit of these ridiculous vendettas that end in nothing but embarrassment for the town.

Perhaps the criticism of Biz should have been listened to...maybe it could have prevented $919,000 from being unaccounted for....perhaps it could have prevented the embarrassment that Wareham now faces, the headlines like "Town Accountant Terminated in Wake of Audit Report" - headlines that will cause Wareham more embarrassment and brought to you courtesy of the Hypocrite Elite.

I pray this scandal will be enough to pry the eyes of the voters open so that we will go to bed tomorrow, rejoiced by the news that the Hypocrite Elite's reign of terror over this town is FINALLY over, and that on April 6, we can FINALLY wake up and begin the process of reconstruction and repairing the damage that these clowns have left.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-04-04 21:41:43)

#18 2011-04-04 23:32:24

I hope you are right Guy....
Lots of people have to go....you know...fired.

#19 2011-04-04 23:57:39

Spanky wrote:

PETERSEN
DEFELICE
ASHLEY

Please help guide our town to stability!

I'm with ya, Spanky. I think it's the way to go too..

#20 2011-04-05 00:04:10

Just saying, I'm tired of being called a "member of Take Back Wareham".  I pay no dues, don't have a membership card, don't know who the president and other officers are, haven't been invited to a meeting or asked to sign one thing.  I just agree with the majority of people on this site.  We want what we feel is best for Wareham, we want to take it back from the idiots that have been sitting in the big chairs in town hall.  Now, if I was asked to become I member, I would join, but I know full well that there is no organization named Take Back Wareham.  We are just believers that Wareham can again be run by moral, competent people.  We are individuals that saw thru Slager and his rantings from day one.  He has done nothing for this town except to divide it.  False headlines to grab people's attention.  The only thing he does is to incite people negatively.

The name calling is getting old.  If people want Wareham to be run as a city, they can just move to a city, don't change our town.  This is The Town of Wareham, a once beautiful town, run by competent selectmen. 

What else has to happen for some people to wake up?  We have a TA that is NOT doing a good job.  Let's get rid of him.  The COA ~ who knows what will happen there.  All I know is that we are paying a lot of money to someone that is sitting home all day.  Let's get rid of her.  We have an "Inspector" who can't inspect because our TA hired him (a friend) knowing he did not have the credentials needed for the job.  Let's get rid of him.  We have a PT chief of police who has drained us and instead of keeping Wareham's problems low key, he has to rant and rave via the news media.  Airing out our dirty laundry so to speak.  Let's get rid of him.

I am really hoping that people in town are ready to change this mess and the only way to do that is to elect Frank and Jen.  Don't forget Joseph either.

#21 2011-04-05 00:33:03

frank defelice, jennifer peterson  and joe ashley are my canditates to.    say no to donna bronk a trojan horse who  has a treasurer running her campaign  allen slavin  jayne and brendas rite hand man.

#22 2011-04-05 07:09:41

Has anyone heard yet why this press release was issued by the Wareham Police Department?  It seems very concerning for the police to be involved.

#23 2011-04-05 09:05:50

GuyIncognito wrote:

Has anyone heard yet why this press release was issued by the Wareham Police Department?  It seems very concerning for the police to be involved.

Guy, Not that I believe anything he says, but..according to the Wareham Week story..

Jaime Rebhan wrote:

Andrews said the press release came from Wareham Police because the town does not have a designated public relations employee.

#24 2011-04-05 09:21:23

Jaime Rebhan wrote:

Andrews said the press release came from Wareham Police because the town does not have a designated public relations employee.

What does Mark Andrews call Robert Slager?

Really, I'm asking. An unregistered lobbyist? A paid shill? A slimy whore? What is it?

#25 2011-04-05 10:29:38

I Vote For Paid Shilland A Slimey Whore.

#26 2011-04-05 11:41:34

I don't know if I buy it.  The TA has the power to make and distribute his own press releases.  An announcement like this has never come from the police department before.

I'd say seeing as how two Mike and Ellen ads just popped up on the rag site, "paid shill" works pretty good.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-04-05 11:42:28)

#27 2011-04-05 14:30:04

By: LenSkynyrd on 4/5/11
"By Friday morning [April 1] I knew enough information. I took immediate action based on the research I conducted. For that I would pat myself on the back," Andrews said in a phone call Monday. "[Zaleski's] books didn't match. The documentation wasn't there."

OK folks, if this quote from Mr Andrews is accurate, he should be fired on the spot at the BOS meeting tonight. He either knew about the problem prior to this or should have known about it. Either way, he shares responsibility. A pat on the back? Are you kidding me? Wow, talk about throwing someone under a bus.

EVEN LEN IS STARTING TO SEE THE LIGHT. I AGREE ANDREWS SAYING THAT HE SHOULD PAT HIMSELF ON THE BACK IS DISGUSTING. DONT VOTE FOR BEGLEY, SCHNEIDER, AND CRONAN WHO WILL RUBBER STAMP EVERYTHING ANDREWS DOES. VOTE DEFILICE AND PETERSON.

#28 2011-04-05 14:50:18

"For that I would pat myself on the back." Gee, I hope that you didn't tear your rotator cuff in that shoulder. Ouch!

We do agree, however, he has earned the application of one portion of the human anatomy to another part on the posterior side of the body: A KICK IN THE ASS  !!!!

Last edited by stewie (2011-04-05 15:51:18)

#29 2011-04-05 15:01:06

Guy, if I recall correctly, Sanguinet created a policy AFTER the last full-time police chief (Tommy Joyce) expressed his opinion in the press following the Lt. Bliss situation. His first Amendment right earned him a suspension, I believe. From there  forward, only the temp T/A was to speak to the press.

Now, have we come full circle? The T/A can't speak to the press (obviously excluding the pretend press), so the Police Department is now the 'press officer' for the Town? Former chief Joyce must be getting a chuckle out of all this.

One can only hope that the newly constituted BoS will send the current T/A, a consummate loser & BS artist back to the banks of the merrimack River. Hey! the new mayor in Lawrence(or "Mayo", as  he calls himself) is screwing up big time already....maybe a certain Wareham T/A would fit right in.

#30 2011-04-05 15:45:57

"Pat myself on the back?"  I think that ranks right up there with "Senator, how are you?"

Here's one thing I noticed. 

The Hypocrite Elite are masters of  delaying bad news to more opportune times.  Thus, it surprised me that they did not get together and make it so the news of the firing was postponed until after the election.

The news of Biz's canning in the wake of an accounting audit, announced on Monday, will do nothing but cause Mike and Ellen to hemorrhage votes left and right.  This is an action that hurts the political chances of two people who will be yes votes to renew Andrews contract.  But Andrews took the action a day before the election anyway.

Delaying the news by a day or two might have been less damaging to Mike and Ellen's election prospects.

I'm surprised the Hypocrite Elite didn't get together and have this bad news for them delayed until after the election, and, my personal opinion, the only conclusion I can draw is that something must be so amiss that the Hypocrite Elite realized that one more day could not be waited until a firing occurred.

In my opinion, of course.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-04-05 15:46:23)

#31 2011-04-05 15:53:26

Yes, when even LenSkynard, the tin hat with the most tin foil on his hat, even agrees that something is wrong, there is big trouble in tin hat land.

"Pat myself on the back."  Sorry, no one gets a pat on the back when $919,000 is unaccounted for.

#32 2011-04-05 15:53:58

"Senator, how are you?  Can you pat me on the back?"

#33 2011-04-05 15:59:26

Standard Times wrote:

WAREHAM — Town Accountant Elizabeth Zaleski has been fired after an audit of the town's finances revealed a $919,000 bookkeping discrepancy.

Town Administrator Mark Andrews announced the firing late Monday afternoon in a news release, saying the audit, performed by the firm Powers and Sullivan, "uncovered a multitude of accounting deficiencies in Zaleski's bookkeeping."

The firm's final report found there was "an inordinate amount of unsupported journal entries being posted to the town's general ledger."

Zaleski, according to Andrews' statement, was not making the proper reconciliations in a timely manner and there was a $919,000 difference between the treasurer's records and the general ledger as of June 30, 2010.

#34 2011-04-05 16:01:51

Keep in mind that Biz was hired by the Brucey Bunch...the same bunch that has endorsed Mike and Ellen (except Cronie, who got thrown under the bus) but yes I think you are all correct that questions need to be asked as to what Andrews' responsibility may be.

"For that I think I should pat myself on the back."  Yeesh.

#35 2011-04-05 16:04:54

I heard there is a new support group called "People that Got Thrown Under The Bus Once they Were No Longer Useful to the Hypocrite Elite."

It meets every Tuesday.  Cronie is the President.  Biz is the treasurer.  Liz Pezzoli is the secretary.  They all gather around Liz's light bulb on Tuesday nights and share their feelings.

#36 2011-04-05 16:06:28

This raises question, does it not?

1. Town Administrator Mark Andrews has terminated Town Accountant Elizabeth Zaleski after the draft results of a financial audit revealed that $919,000 is unaccounted for, according to a press release from the Wareham Police Department

2. Auditor James Powers told the Board of Selectmen and Finance Committee Wednesday during a joint meeting of the two boards that it is currently unclear what happened to the money. He said the variance could be due to accounting errors from past years or the "misappropriation of funds" by an employee.

Is there a connection? Is there a reason for the WPD to be involved? Is this why the announcement couldn't wait?

Not accusing, just wondering....

#37 2011-04-05 18:15:54

I guess we can start to call this mess a "Bizaster!"  Gosh, Im such a hoot...

#38 2011-04-05 18:35:24

Spanky wrote:

I guess we can start to call this mess a "Bizaster!"  Gosh, Im such a hoot...

"Get Bizzy"

#39 2011-04-14 11:28:51

Andrews deftly avoided responsibility in all this by throwing "Biz" under the bus... But there are these "little" sections concerning the reponsibilities of the Town Administrator in the Town Charter (..in case anyone cares about that thing anymore)..which state:

Section 4-2
(I)    He shall keep the board of selectmen fully informed as to the financial condition and needs of the town, and shall make such recommendations to the board of  selectmen, for actions to be taken by it as he deems to be necessary, advisable or expedient.

...and this

Section 4-2
(g)    He shall see that all provisions of general laws, the charter, the by-laws and other votes of the town meeting and votes of the board of selectmen which require enforcement by him, or officers and employees subject to his direction and supervision, are faithfully carried out and performed.

Wareham Town Charter

#40 2011-04-14 18:23:07

I really don't understand how Mark Andrews has NOT been held accountable for his (lack of) actions????  Anyone else in any other job/location/career would have been at the very least reprimanded, if not fired!  In the military the actions of your subordinates are essentially your own actions.  How does a supervisor not be held responsible for this?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com