#1 2011-03-24 23:32:18

Did ya watch?

OK..I'll go "off the reservation" here a little..and say, in my opinion, after watching (and recording) tonight's OPL Candidates Night that we've already won (overly optimistic? ..hear me out..before you "chew me out"). None of them are "perfect" (but then, who is?) I think that the addition of any of these candidates would make for a "better" BoS than what we had before April 6, 2010.. To me, the make up of that board will go down as a "horror show" in the annals of Wareham's history.

So (not surprisingly) my "top 3" haven't changed..but, Schneider, Begley and even Cronan "showed me something"..I'm not exactly sure what..but I don't think it was "all bad".

In no particular order..

Jennifer Petersen seemed knowledgeable in at least "theoretical governance". It was like she was quoting from a text book. If that "theory" could be put into "practice"..she just might make a good selectwoman. I could understand anyone voting for her.

Ellen Begley..Don't sign me up for MWF..but she seems to want to do what she at least "thinks" is best for the town, and would be willing to "put in the time"...if she can "walk the walk"..instead of just "talk the talk"..then she wouldn't be a nightmare on the board.. Same for her running mate, Mike Schneider. They're association(s) with Slager, Donahue and Eckstrom is way too high a hurdle for me to support them as selectmen, however...and I've heard them say the right things before..but then act "differently"..still 2 nays for me.

John Cronan said some good things..but in the end he was still part of "that board". In the "spirit" of positivity..I'll leave it at that.

Frank DeFelice..You never have to wonder what Frank thinks about anything. I think "open and transparent" are his middle names. I like him..and he'll "still" get my vote.

I think Donna Bronk might have impressed me the most tonight, though. Sorry to "go against the grain"..but, I like her. She's another "straight shooter", and I like her experience...and think she would be a good choice for selectwoman.

Maybe most of all..I want to give a BIG, GIANT THANK YOU..to Jane Donahue and Brenda Eckstrom for not running again. In my opinion (as all of this is)..it's the "greatest service" they ever did for the town of Wareham.

So, there it is..fire away..

#2 2011-03-24 23:48:14

Schinder Came Off Ok Tonite But He Is Still Mike F93 I Think On Slagers Site , Ellen Came Off Ok But I Beleave She Is 4 Dog Nite On Slagers Site And Cronan Voted For The Computor Audit So I Have To Rite Off All Three  I Saw What You Did In The Past And I Do Not Beleave You Tonite ,    Frank Came Off Good And I Will Vote For You ,   Donna And Jennifer Did Good Jobs And I Liked What They Said  I Wish I Could Vote For All Three , But I Cant , We Cant So I Think Jennifer Has The Better Chance To Win , We Cant Split Are Votes  ,i Will Vote For Donna Next Time , But I Cant Vote For Her Now , So I Will Vote For Frank  And Jennifer, I Agree That The Other 3 Said The  Rite Things And Are An Improvment Over The Past Board I Dont Trust Them ,  They Are Donhue Clones.

#3 2011-03-24 23:57:14

Dave, probably no surprise, but I'll have to disagree with you when it comes to Mike, Ellen, and Cronie.

First of all, Cronie is pathetic and should just quit now.  What were his big lines of the evening?  He's "learned his lessons?"  He realizes now that people "want someone who is honest"  and "want someone who will do the work."

Cronie, come on, if you didn't know that your first time around, then don't waste our time trying to come back.  You had three years as a selectman and you really stunk up the joint.  You were thrown out.  Just get out of the race because you're gumming up the works.  The tin hats threw you overboard as they do with anyone who is no longer useful to them and the people on the good side will never forget your "dirty rat" speech.

Second, thank goodness this was televised because I had to sit at home and watch it with a barf bag.  Watching Mike and Ellen preach civility and how we all need to "come together" was nauseating.

No, civility and coming together aren't on their own concepts that are nauseating.  However, these two are the top two supporters of Bobo the Clown and his rag.  You can't preach civility out of the left side of your mouth and then run to your buddy's site to bash your opponents with the right side of your mouth.

Hell, at least Cronie apologized for making inappropriate or "personal remarks" about people and said he wouldn't do it again if elected.  It would have been a start if Mike and Ellen had apologized for supporting a rag that has ripped to shreds the reputations of many decent people in town but they didn't even do that.

Look at some of the insults that Mike has hurled in the comments he's made on the rag website - will he ever offer any apology for those? 

But don't get me wrong - there's no apology big enough that can make up for what the Hypocrite Elite has done, but I'm just saying, I have no idea how they support the rag and can still stand up and pretend they care about civility with a straight face.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-03-25 00:16:29)

#4 2011-03-24 23:59:01

Last Time I Voted For Cara And Steve I Thought They Had The Best Chance To Winand I Said If Frank Ran Next Time I Would Vote For Him And Will Do So , Ithink Frankand Jennifer Have The Best Chance To Win ,so I Will Vote For Those 2 , But I Liked Donna And Would Consider Her The  Next Time If She Runs Again.   Good Job For All Three.

#5 2011-03-25 00:00:08

Schinder ,ellen And Cronan You All Three Just Scare Me.

#6 2011-03-25 00:01:50

Frank I thought did the best job.  He told it like it is and he bashed the computer audit, which everyone in town by now realizes was nothing but a $60,000 plus joke.

#7 2011-03-25 00:09:00

I also thought that Joe Ashley is probably the most well-spoken 19 year old I've ever seen and his speech tonight went a long way toward alleviating doubts about whether a 19 year old can preside over town meeting as deputy moderator.

Curly's washed up.  Who holds a job for 10 years, loses it, and then runs for the job's assistant position?

#8 2011-03-25 06:47:59

Bob Brady  Asked A Question About Would The Canditates Be Civel And Gave Some Background Information About His Questin ,first Curley And Then Jayne  Jumps Up Yelling At Bob Looseing Ther Cool,i Was Schocked At There Behavior And Thats Why John Is Not Ready For Prime Time , Young Ashley  Said He Would Work With Claire And That He Was The Future , Curley Proved That He Is Runing To Sabatoge Claire And He Was The Past.

#9 2011-03-25 06:48:28

You really have to love Frank. He is so honest and transparent. I never have to guess what he is thinking. I think the selectman meetings will not be dull with him on the board. I think he will be good for Wareham.

Jennifer, has a very intelligent and business like approach to Wareham's problems. I think we have been missing this on the board. I think she will be a good addition.

I don't think anyone can say Donna doesn't care. She would make a good selectman. The problem is there aren't three seats open. Next time Donna I promise.

I think the other three are a danger to the town. They are part of a group of people who have put this town in such a mess.

Joe Ashley is such a nice man. He gives me hope in the town's future.
I think John D is one nasty piece of work.

The thing that worries me is just how honest is this election going to be. I believe votes can be manufactured where they don't exist. I have become very suspicious of a group of people in town who believe --it is only illegal if someone makes it an issue.

Those of you who pray, please join me in a quiet prayer for Wareham.

#10 2011-03-25 06:51:41

bobo is an idiot

Last edited by redrobin (2011-03-25 08:33:03)

#11 2011-03-25 06:52:57

the last time John and Jane jumped up that fast: their table number was called to go to the buffet at one of the many afterfunerals they attend!!..clasic case of a very guilty conscience..

#12 2011-03-25 06:53:58

I Think The Momentom Is With Frank And Jennifer Lets Get On The Winning Team.  Dont Split Your Vote And Elect One Of The Crazies,who Tried To Pass Them Selfs Off As Mother Teresas.

#13 2011-03-25 06:59:48

I think the momentum is with the candidates not endorsed by the tinhats..after being told who Slager is endorsing, a first-timer at candidates night responded, "the're off my list"!!

#14 2011-03-25 06:59:57

I Am With You You 100% Menerva, I Did Not Vote For Frank The Last Time But Am Voting For Him This Comeing Time , I Promise You Donna If You Run Again You Will Get My Vote ,i To Worry About Vote Stealing From These People , From Mary Ann , I Just Dont Trust Her, Lets Watch Her.

#15 2011-03-25 07:16:58

Just Looked Up Slagers Comments An D He Gives Ellen The Win And Frank A C- , Slager Your Full Of Crap As Usual.

#16 2011-03-25 08:07:13

I heard about that, that Jane and John both sprang to their feet and started shouting down Bob Brady while he was trying to ask a question.

Shouldn't a candidate for deputy moderator like John Boy know enough to not interfere and let the moderator of candidates night handle the debate?

#17 2011-03-25 08:11:08

Mike and Ellen preach civility but they don't practice what they preach.  Unless they stop embracing the hateful rag and stop using the rag site to bash opponents, their claims of desiring civility will ring hollow.

I can point to several insulting comments that Mike has made about Frank using his mikef screenname on Bobo's site...but I can't point to one negative comment that Frank has made about Mike, because he hasn't made any. 

So, which candidate is more civil?

#18 2011-03-25 08:11:53

Of course Bobo gave Mike and Ellen high grades.  They bought 6 or 7 ads in the Monthly Rag.

#19 2011-03-25 08:18:49

GuyIncognito wrote:

I heard about that, that Jane and John both sprang to their feet and started shouting down Bob Brady while he was trying to ask a question.

Shouldn't a candidate for deputy moderator like John Boy know enough to not interfere and let the moderator of candidates night handle the debate?

As I've witnessed J & J's reign over TOO many years now,  it's DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO !  Their true colors shown through like a beacon last night and it's time to show them and anyone in their camp the door.  Thanks but no thanks.  Neither of them have served this town well.  They're biased, critical and certainly not accountable.

If Begley and Schneider had any smarts about them they'd unalign themselves with the Donahues.  Otherwise they don't stand a chance.  I could never support them because of their support for Mr. Slager.  If they truly want to MWF, they need to sever their tie to him too. He and they will be their demise.

#20 2011-03-25 08:36:39

All good points, Eyes.

Mike has been quoted saying he thinks "the BOS, John Donahue, and Robert Slager have nothing to be ashamed of."

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-03-25 08:37:52)

#21 2011-03-25 08:40:46

I know I don't blog much these days, but I have to jump in here.

Frank showed me a great deal last night. Jennifer was very relaxed and I finally have an idea of where she stands. Donna, like Frank, will not play word games. If you don't where they stand, you aren't listening.

I can't get beyond the taped executive session. Cronan can say whatever he wants, his history speaks volumes.

Not much to say about Ellen and Mike. They do well talking from notes, but aren't very good on their feet.

My kudos of the night go to Joseph Ashley. This young man spoke well, spoke with authority, and there is no doubt he will make an excellent Deputy Moderator.

When John Donahue got up to chastise Bob Brady, that sealed it for me. Moderator = neutral...not going to happen with Donahue.

The civility goes out the window as soon as someone poses a hard question to the MWF crew. They were a pack of wolves. I think we all know where the hate and rhetoric is coming from.

My votes are sealed and ready.

#22 2011-03-25 08:45:24

Larry McDonald wrote:

The civility goes out the window as soon as someone poses a hard question to the MWF crew. They were a pack of wolves. I think we all know where the hate and rhetoric is coming from.

My votes are sealed and ready.

Speaking of people who practice but don't preach civility, in addition to the Donahues springing to their feet to shout at Bob Brady, I also heard that Move Wareham Backward supporters were heckling Frank, who handled it civilly and asked if the "gentleman" could please wait to let him finish.

I unfortunately had to watch from home so I missed out on the goings on in the audience, but I've spoken to several people and all accounts I hear were that the tin hats were an unruly bunch.

#23 2011-03-25 08:59:25

I stated in my letter to the editor that people should pay attention to the assessment of the current state of Wareham. Let's be honest, Marilyn Donahue said it best when she explained, "we are broke and it isn't getting better". So, to be blunt, please note the answers of the candidates when it comes to the finances of the town. I think you know who is paying attention and who isn't.

Thank you Marilyn for the excellent question!

#24 2011-03-25 11:50:11

Does anyone know if Ellen blogs on the rag site and if so, what's her handle?

#25 2011-03-25 12:17:52

GuyIncognito wrote:

Does anyone know if Ellen blogs on the rag site and if so, what's her handle?

I always thought she was 4dognite (in fact I once said I'd "eat my hat" if it wasn't). I've backed off some on that belief though. It still might be..hard to confirm, it's like a closely guarded "state secret" (open & honest, anyone?)..she's still my "leading candidate" for being "4dognite" (if not in the selectmen's race)..because if it's not her..it's "someone"..I don't know..like Brenda..Jane?? I can't say, for sure. My original "conviction" that it was Ellen, was based on.."it sure sounds like Ellen"..things she said..like about MWF..answering questions about MWF, and such. Also, about a year ago, I was going back and forth with Ellen by email (one Sunday night, "HatChat" night)..and I wrote something to her about not wanting my comments to be discussed on that night's "HatChat"..I don't think she responded back to me about my concerns (in a return email)...but, sure enough..when I later read that night's "HatChat"..there it was..a comment (not a nice one) about me..which seemed directly related to the "exchange" we'd had in our emails.. I don't know where that leaves the discussion..but it's "what I know".

#26 2011-03-25 13:04:03

Begley lied last night in answering my question: she once stated Walter should be ashamed of himself, yet she says she can work well with the board..she has never spoken to Selectman Winslow, despite saying she has..

Schneider is as big a liar: he may have attended meetings but blatantly lied about reaching out to all the Selectman he would serve with..I felt like he was uncomfortable with the question and tried his best to skirt around the issue..

How to move Wareham forward, folks...

#27 2011-03-25 14:37:36

It seems to me, from what I have read and heard from many of you, there are many choices, but only two NOT to vote for:

Baglady and Mikey.

Everybody else, good luck!

#28 2011-03-25 17:28:06

The rag has done too much to spread incivility throughout the town, I just don't see it's two biggest fans being able to walk the talk.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-03-25 17:33:13)

#29 2011-03-25 18:23:18

When it comes to Mike and Ellen the only civility I have seen from them is if you agree with their opinions.  Their determined allegiance to Slager not only deters me but I'm sure many others. (God help us, can you imagine him (Slager) as selectman?  Oh that's right, he loves Wareham, but doesn't want to live here)

Joseph Ashley is a breathe of fresh air!  He is the future of Wareham!  But quite honestly, as long as the kid had a pulse he would be better than John Donahue!

I'm still stuck between Donna Bronk and Jennifer Petersen.  I just don't want another wishy washy selectman elected.  I want them to have their own convictions, but still willing to listen to the voters and remember they represent us!

#30 2011-03-25 18:59:29

The Donahues sealed the deal last night by jumping up and trying to cause a commotion at the OPL, Joseph Ashley for Deputy Moderator all the way!  I would agree with you ND, the toss up between Bronk and Petersen is difficult but I believe we can have the best of both worlds by leaving Bronk on the FinCom and take in Petersen as our new selectwoman.  They are equally important positions and we need both of them.  Defeliece I would say after last night also has my vote.  Finally having the opportunity to meet him, he is a stand up guy in my opinion, he treated me as if I had known the gentlman for the past 30 years.  I could relate to his vision and his thoughts and he's not out for blood like Club Slager makes him to be. 

Vote April 5!
DeFelice
Petersen
Ashley

#31 2011-03-25 20:34:45

i am voting for defelice ,ashely  and peterson and leaving bronk on the finance commitee,dont split your vote and let one of them get in with bronk on the finance commitee we will have the best of 2 worlds , visit peterson sun at her spagetti supper .   if bronk  runs again i will vote for her next time.

#32 2011-03-26 10:51:37

Dave, I've heard people make claims as to the identity of 4dognite and I have my suspicions, but without concrete evidence, I'll keep my suspicions to myself.

Instead I'll just make some general observations I've made based on reading tin hat chats:

1)  4dognite sounds like a woman

2)  Out of all of the tin hats, 4dognite, whoever she may be, is the nastiest.  Just read some of her comments.  Comments about peoples' personal lives, insults, rumor mongering, just awful.

3)  4dognite has been quiet all election season but started chatting again since yesterday when we started asking questions about who she is.

4)  4dognite often answers questions or discusses details about Move Wareham Backward's activities

5)   Mike has chatted with 4dognite regarding planning for MWF activities.  Maybe somebody should ask him if he knows who 4dognite is?

Anyway, those are just some observations I've made from reading tin hat chats.  I won't make any accusations as to the identity of 4dognite, but whoever she may be, I hope she never gets close to any position of power in the Town of Wareham.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-03-26 11:00:06)

#33 2011-03-31 20:28:53

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/Joseph.Ashley.committed.team.member.jpg
~ click image ~

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#34 2011-04-01 10:13:53

Have the vote Ashley signs been moved or is someone stealing them? Not am uncommon practice with signs of someone running against a Donahue, from what I hear.

#35 2011-04-01 10:22:57

Notice Curly isnt putting signs up??..if/when he loses he'll fluff it off as not caring that much about such an unimportant postion..That smug smile on his face during OPL and the fact he was reading Ashleys notes prove what a clown he is..

#36 2011-04-01 15:26:33

Ashley is first on the ballot. For that position he will get 45% of the votes.

How embarrassing for a former political powerhouse.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com