#1 2011-03-08 22:12:42

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/f.defelice.png

1. What are your views, hopes and/or concerns about “Westfield”?

I must admit, I don't know a lot about Westfield. I did vote against it every time except at the last town meeting. I believed that there could have been a problem with the way the deed read and I have a problem where Westfield is located; it is not a convenient place for seniors. As the energy in Wareham shifts to the west, that may all change.

2. What are your views on the Chief of Police “situation”?

I don't believe any town in the state of Massachusetts would hire an acting Police Chief for over one year, allow him to work part-time and give him a car to drive approximately 150 miles round trip on the town's dime. Stanley also contracted for eight police vehicles and an SUV before town meeting approval. That's either arrogant or ignorant of the procurement laws. Carte blanche authority given  by the Town Administrator and Selectmen has allowed him to administer our police force from North Andover. Let's open up the Chief's job to the most qualified candidates. That's something the town's administration should have done two years ago when Chief Joyce left the post.  As for the ongoing Operation Safe Streets, obviously it's the members of our full time police force that are making our streets safer, and it is this group collectively that merits the credit.

3. What are your thoughts on the job performance of Town Administrator Mark Andrews thus far? Which of his decisions have you most agreed with and/or which haven’t you?

I would like to reserve my judgment of Mark Andrews for now. With that said, there is much to be desired of his hiring record. Ms. Scaduto was hired and resigned as Director of Assessment without due process (advertise and interview). He advertised for the Inspector of Buildings at nearly $52,000 but is paying $75,000 to his friend, who is not certified as a Building Inspector. Next year he's proposed a 10% increase to over $82,000. Then he hired his girlfriend to oversee lifeguards without properly advertising the opportunity for employment. It seems that Mr. Andrews knows how to talk the talk. I haven't seen any ability to walk the walk.

4. What do you see as the greatest challenge(s) facing Wareham, and how do you plan to address it/them?

The greatest challenges facing Wareham are twofold. We need to get our financial problems settled first and then restore Wareham to a place people want to live, work and visit. Wareham is blessed by the existing development taking place. We have a good residential and commercial base. So why isn't Wareham heading in the right direction?  I believe the turmoil caused in the last five years or so has put our town on shaky ground. We need to come together, treat our employees with respect and bring that question to those on the front line. They know best what the problems are and likely have good suggestions as to how to fix things.

5. What would you most like to accomplish as a selectman/selectwoman?

I would like to see the Town of Wareham become a place where people desire to work, live and vacation while maintaining a sense of pride. Employees shouldn't have to worry about ridiculous computer audits or reprisals from officials. It has destroyed morale and it will take a deliberate effort to restore. I am tired of town employees working without a contract, tired of the average man getting overlooked, and tired of the Town of Wareham being the laughing stock of Southeastern Massachusetts.

6. How do you feel about Wareham?

I have to be honest, I have mixed feelings about Wareham right now. I love where I live. I love fishing, the bays, seafood, and the availability of shopping. I don't like the way people have been treated by elected officials and the attitude of some people in positions of authority. I don't like the opinion that outsiders hold against our town. So when elected I will strive to reverse that.

Frank DeFelice

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Last edited by DDPTRO (2011-03-10 23:47:22)

#2 2011-03-16 00:11:54

Pancake Breakfast for Wareham Selectman Candidate Frank DeFelice

Location Masonic Lodge (Blue A Frame Building) on Route 28, Wareham, MA

Enjoy some pancakes and chat with Wareham Selectman Candidate Frank DeFelice. Saturday, March 26, 8-11 am at the Masonic Lodge.

Tickets are $5 adults, $2 kids 12 and under. Menu includes pancakes, sausage, hot tea and oj.

#3 2011-03-16 07:05:23

i am voting for frank.

#4 2011-03-16 12:29:34

Thank you DDPTRO for your help. Do we need advance tickets to the breakfast?

#5 2011-03-16 12:41:40

I believe you can get tickets at the door. Also, if you want to shoot Frank an email..click his name (above).

#6 2011-03-23 18:38:06

click to zoom

DeFelice for Selectman

Last edited by DDPTRO (2011-03-23 18:38:26)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com