#1 2011-02-23 12:16:27

#2 2011-02-23 12:28:15

Oh My God, are you kidding me with that opening?

"SENATOR, HOW ARE YOU?"

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Last edited by billw (2011-02-24 14:59:25)

#3 2011-02-23 12:29:52

I might have to go roll around on the floor laughing for a few hours.

"Hi, I'm the TA, look at me, I'm pulling up to town hall, now I'm hanging up my coat....ohhh yes, now I'm making some authoritative hand gestures, yes, look at me move my hands in an authoritative and managerial manner, yes I surely am making some important points with my hands here..."

#4 2011-02-23 12:30:38

"and I have a coffee mug in my hand....yes, I must have my coffee as I make my spontaneous and authoritative hand gestures..."

"SENATOR HOW ARE YOU?"

#5 2011-02-23 12:34:23

"Yes, let me see, I'm pulling up to town hall in my car here, and ohhh I'm walking into town hall I have some very important business...oh and there's dramatic music playing because everything is very important....oh and look I have some files here on my desk, I'm going to peruse these files while I make some random authoritative hand gestures."

"SENATOR HOW ARE YOU?"

Senator, Senator, hold on line 1, I have the President and the UN Ambassador on lines 2 and 3, yes I am an important man who talks to senators on the phone...

#6 2011-02-23 13:07:13

you have to be kidding me , on your next anouncement i hope you anounce the retirement of miles burke and that genious the biz.

#7 2011-02-23 13:08:47

Guy, the exit is equally entertaining. I want to know where I can get myself one of those "Top Banana" coffee mugs?? Hey, wait a second..if the previous "interim" TA was the "buttmonkey"..and now we have the "top banana"..geesh..Freud would have a field day..

#8 2011-02-23 13:10:47

Was that the Dick Van Dyke theme music?..how friggin cheesie can you get?..I was waiting for a little "wink and nod" to the camera from this aspiring actor..

Aren't we so lucky that he is "our TA"..the over and under on the phrase "moving forward" was three minutes and that came in way under at 1 min 40 sec..

I'm thinking a weekly show following him around is in the works..as he makes his way through the villages of Wareham and Onset visiting all these new businesses that are opening..or he could just keep rehashing the usual fluff: the State Championship team, not that he ever attended a game..safe summer 2010 with new lifeguards, no  brainer for a Town with public beaches..blah, blah ,blah..

An Emmy has to be in order..I just can't decide to laugh or throw up..

#9 2011-02-23 13:20:02

Thanks DD, the ending is just as funny as the opening. 

The "SENATOR, HOW ARE YOU?" is the part that makes me laugh the most.  "Yes, I am an important person who talks to senators!  Senator, hold the line please, I have the Pope on the other line!  Pope, is that you?  Why are you calling me when I'm talking to the senator!"

#10 2011-02-23 13:20:47

The whole "taking off the jacket" thing reminds me of Mr. Rogers taking off his sweater.  I'm left wondering if the TA has a little train set that goes to a land of make-believe where little puppets live in a magic castle.

#11 2011-02-23 13:27:21

Now I'M LAUGHING!!!!!!..the end was as bad or worse..I figured a thumbs-up or wave to the camera was in order, or stopping to let Martha walk into the MSC..

If there is another town in this Commonwealth that does this I want to see it..what a charade..

#12 2011-02-23 14:19:33

#13 2011-02-23 16:00:18

Looks like Chevy Chase on Saturday Night Live in the old days, talking on the phone with a Potentate or King or President or girlfriend, smiling at the camera and hanging up.

Who is the Senator?

Certainly not Scott Brown, from what I can see.

#14 2011-02-23 16:49:40

Dan, my exacts thoughts were a bad skit from SNL!!I used the word "cheesie" in my original post..it's almost like it was so bad it was done intentionally as a gag..meanwhile, the status quo remains despite all the cliches.

"Take Pride Wareham"?..I wouldn't be proud of this fiasco of a production!

#15 2011-02-24 17:59:54

Possible Senatorial conversations:
Hi Senator Brown, remember me from summer camp?

Yes, Senator Kerry, you can dock your yacht in Wareham after your trip to Somalia.

Too bad he thought he was talking to Senator Kennedy.

Hello Senator Daniel Webster Inn, do you deliver?

Hello Senator Sam Adams.  I love your beer.

Hello Senator – I’ve been given your name as a reference by Sweet Brucie

No No Senator.  I’m the town T.A.; not the town T&A.

Hello Barney, Can I be Frank with you?

Nice Murse or is it a manbag?  Oops,  my bad, that was actually the mailman.

Did he just have one of those Halo migraines like the reporter at the grammys?

#16 2011-02-24 18:31:45

Here is how you search for and hire a City (Town) (Administrator) Manager.

The news announced tonight that there are five finalists, and there will be a series of three PUBLIC hearings to ask the candidates questions, from the PUBLIC.

The City Commission, of course, will have the final authority to hire, but an open and frank process goes a long way with the respect of the citizens.

City Commission selects search firm for open City Manager position
Posted Date: 11/22/2010
The North Port City Commission voted 4-1 to hire Colin Baenziger & Associates to become the executive search firm to begin the recruitment of a new city manager for the City of North Port.

At the October 25, 2010 meeting, the City Commission directed a committee comprised of City Commissioner David Garofalo, City Clerk Helen Raimbeau, and General Services Director Sherry Borgsdorf to review proposals received and make recommendations. The committee agreed on finalists, which were presented to the City Commission to review during their November 22, 2010 meeting.

To view the online meeting and discussion, click here.

Colin Baenziger & Associates is based out of Palm Beach County. Since May 2005, the firm has been selected to perform 58 of the 78 searches for local Florida city and county administrators in communities using a search firm. Overall, the company estimates it has conducted about 200 local government searches.

The firm’s proposal projects a 90 day timeline. The proposal includes a needs assessment, development of a comprehensive profile, recruitment of candidates, a screening process for candidates, coordination of the candidate assessment process, and more.

#17 2011-02-24 20:27:10

Too late for the TA appointment, but how about that Chief?  State exam called for yet.?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com