#1 2011-02-17 16:31:08

A random collection of Mikey's blatherings on the rag site:

By: mike9f on 4/4/10
True, Robert. I just wanted to point out that the Wareham Observer has served the town well in its investigative journalism.

I do not beleive the town is as divided as some would have us believe either.

1)  This guy thinks Bobo is a good investigative journalist and he wants to be a selectman?

2) If he doesn't think the town is divided, maybe he should talk to people outside his little clique.

#2 2011-02-17 16:43:24

By: mike9f on 4/11/10
Westfield is going to be the next battle. The lies regarding the supposed deed restriction and lack of affordable units in the proposals is absolute lies.

I think he meant to say "are" absolute lies.  Jeez, he writes like his friend from Halifax.

People who disagree with Westfield are liars?  Guy sounds like a hothead if you ask my humble opinion.  Doesn't seem very diplomatic.

#3 2011-02-17 16:57:55

He is something you avoid stepping in on the way home.

#4 2011-02-17 17:05:08

yeah ,like a cockroach ,or a lump of dog do do , he is always bloging on slagers sight ,bothe of them are very chumey, if you elect mike he will takes brendas place in leaking town executive meetings  secrets  like his pal brenda  leaked to her pal slager.

#5 2011-02-17 17:11:38

I agree redrobin...he is not progressive...he is regressive and clueless...very disturbing.

#6 2011-02-17 19:33:31

By: mike9f on 5/2/10
Welcome, Bruce. Your article was a fantastic piece that would make even the most experienced housing consultant envious.

Oh Good God, the last thing we need on the BOS is another Sweet Brucey disciple.

#7 2011-02-17 19:39:11

By: CoachTP on 5/23/10
Polish air is very slow
By: robertslager on 5/23/10
Is it the screen doors, coach? Sorry. I couldn't resist.

By: mike9f on 5/23/10
LOL, Robert.

Laughing at a Polish joke?  Doesn't seem like the kind of sensitivity we need in a Selectman, in my opinion.

#8 2011-02-17 19:39:13

so mike schinder running for selectmen regulary blogs on slagers web site.

#9 2011-02-17 19:48:33

By: mike9f on 6/13/10
Funny, Robert, When you say tool, Brady immediately comes to mind. Word association is kind of a funny thing.

And this from the guy who says he's for mature and responsible debate?

#10 2011-02-17 19:56:01

More from one of the founders of the "Mature and Responsible Debate Society" :

By: mike9f on 6/27/10
I was at both of the recent BOS meetings that Mr. Bicki showed up. I did not hear Mrs. Eckstrom's comments either. Maybe someone sitting closer to her,very,very, close, pointed it out to Mr. Bicki. Mrs. Eckstrom does not hesitate to speak her mind. If she wanted to insult him or she wanted him to hear her, there is no doublt in my mind that she would have made certain he did. During the second meeting he did act like an idiot. Saying someone is acting like an idiot is different than calling Bicki an idiot. That's my opinion anyway.

Sooo...

It's not Brenda's fault because she didn't mean for Dr. Bicki to hear her call him an idiot?

You approve of a selectman calling someone an idiot during a meeting?

You just called that citizen an idiot yourself?

And you really think you should be sitting in a selectman's chair?

And you're in charge of the Mature and Responsible Debate Society???

#11 2011-02-17 22:18:46

Coach Toilet Paper better not get his face in front of mine or he'll find my Polish fist in his gut!

#12 2011-02-17 22:36:53

By: mike9f on 7/5/10
Ropbert, sorry if you think we've been quiet. Actually we are in the process of formalizing our structure which will be made public as soon as it happens. And' we are looking at locations to rent for a few meetings. Getting locations is togh this time of year. All sorts of events going on.

This reads like he might need to take a writing class.  A real writing class, not the one taught by "Ropbert."

#13 2011-02-17 22:40:26

Speaking of boycotts, let's not forget it was Steve (Searay 240) Holmes that was instrumental in carrying out the intitial boycott against the Wareham Observer. It was also Steve Holmes that attacked Robert Slager at Bob Brady's meeting knowing full well that Robert was unable to speak on his own behalf to defend himself. There is only one type of person in my mind that would stoop to such a level. A Bully! And, that's no bull.

"Waaahhh, don't pick on my buddy Bobo!  Waaaahhh!"

#14 2011-02-17 22:43:05

Bruce has a wealth of knowledge and institutional memory. I learn something new every time he writes a column, Robert. I look forward to many more columns.

Listen, Wareham.  You tossed Sweet Brucey out of office last year.  If you didn't like Sweet Brucey in office, you're not going to like a Sweet Brucey protege in office either.

#15 2011-02-17 22:48:01

I assume this was in reference to Holmes and Winslow

Capricon, their just warming the seats for when some real Selectmen can be elected to replace them and compliment the other two sitting Selectwomen

Doesn't sound like a person that will be able to work cooperatively with those he disagrees with.  They're just there until someone else can be elected?  Isn't that a little disrespectful to the voters who elected them?

#16 2011-02-17 22:50:27

She insists it’s the moderator’s obligation to provide clarity AND efficiency to the process and to follow both parliamentary procedure and guidelines established by the MA Moderators Association.

Hunh?

Mikey, you say that like its a bad thing.  Aren't moderators supposed to do all that?

#17 2011-02-17 22:54:53

By: mike9f on 7/11/10
Fogcutter,I respectfully suggest that Wareham Week has disparaged, Robert. Have you ever noticed how they tend to delete his comments, without reason, more often than not? Doesn't that count as being disparaging?

Gee whiz, I don't know about you all, but if it's one thing we need, it's a selectman that will make Bobo's feelings a top priority.

#18 2011-02-17 22:57:15

I've seen alot of skunks lately, Dog. None of them were the four legged kind though

Ahh yes, Wareham.  No doubt this will be the man who ushers a new era of civility and bipartisanship to the Town of Wareham.

#19 2011-02-18 08:26:15

Put him in a paper bag with all of the other numb nuts, like Jones, Baglady, et.,al., shake it up, empty it, and only one comes out.

I hope Schneider's campaign manager is Brucie....should be a short election and an early return home on election night.

#20 2011-02-18 10:08:42

Fogcutter, I would respecfully disagree on this issue with you. Although there might not be a spoken word, by deleting the posts WW attempts to belittle and discredit Robert.

As far as a competitor posting on another site: I don't see that as an issue.

Seriously, every two seconds it's "Robert is so great!  Robert is so wonderful!"

#21 2011-02-18 10:15:22

By: mike9f on 3/7/10
Biz sure did send a strong signal. I'm sure a good part of their attempts at discrediing her are directly related to what else she will eventually uncover

All these years of you clowns babbling about evil deeds being uncovered...not one evil deed has been uncovered.  Maybe, just maybe that means that people who disagree with you are not evil.

#22 2011-02-18 10:21:25

By: mike9f on 1/17/10
Hello, Robert. Sorry I was a little delayed. I was looking for another roll of foil to protect tme form the stupidity coming from you know where, and you know who.

Well at least he admits to having a tin foil hat.

#23 2011-02-18 10:23:35

Funny how there's been no mention of the IG on the other site. Based on what the bloggers were saying, you should be in cuffs by now, Robert. Hmmmmm? Could it be that they had no clue what they were talking about. Hmmmmmm?

To borrow a Bobo line...this man is truly an idiot.

#24 2011-02-18 10:28:19

By: robertslager on 1/17/10
I have researched that as well. But it will be simple to disprove. I had no way of knowing that Joyce would appeal the verdict. That was completely beyond my control. The verdict wasn't even rendered until April, when the former landlord had already allowed us to stay for four months. There was no way I could have known for certain what the verdict would be (although I was confident we would prevail). But to claim that I somehow decieved my former landlord into letting us stay for eight months when the case hadn't even been resolved will never stand up in court. Court records show the progression of the case every step of the way. I wrote about it in the paper.

Robert in all liklihood you will go before the judge, show proof of your intent to pay and that will be the end of it. You'll pay and be on your way.

Uhhh...Mikey?  It isn't enough to show "an intent to pay."  A landlord can't pay his bills with "an intent to pay."  Bobo needed to actually pay.  And you say you're a housing expert?

#25 2011-02-18 10:28:39

Oh and learn how to spell "likelihood."  Thanks.

#26 2011-02-18 10:31:19

Fogcutter, if came off sounding like a know-it-all, I appologize.

Mikey sounding like a know it all? No way!

#27 2011-02-18 13:09:00

I "appoligize" for seeing you get your ass kicked in the next election.

I predict you will come in last.

Maybe not...maybe Cronin comes in last.

Ether way, you are an idiot. In my humble opinion. :)

#28 2011-02-18 18:14:41

Let's take a break from old tin hat chat comments and take a peak at a letter to the editor that Mikey wrote to bash the community meeting that was critical of the prior BOS and come to the defense of his buddy Bobo:

Mikey, in Defense of Bobo wrote:

This is also the very same meeting that Bob Brady allowed an outlandish attack to take place on Robert Slager, knowing full well that at least two of the speakers that led the attacks on Mr. Slager were posters on the www.warehamobserver.com Web site, and that that they have systematically attacked him on that site over an extended period of time.

The part he forgets to mention is that Bobo was never invited and barged his way in anyway.  A guy who isn't wanted in a place but comes anyway shouldn't be surprised if someone says something that hurts his poor little feelings.

Read for yourself...is it me or does it seem to have a rather angry tone to it?

http://www.wickedlocal.com/wareham/news … on-in-town

Also, is it me, or does it seem like every other word this guy says is in Bobo's defense?

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-02-18 18:20:20)

#29 2011-02-19 10:04:09

Mikey's Greatest Hits continue....

By: mike9f on 1/24/10The facebook page certainly does give the appearance of it being a project of the Wareham Free Library itself. Interesting that there is no mention of whether or not the donations/pledges are tax deductible and if the funds being raised are being raised under a contract to solicit funds on behalf of the library.

I looked at my crystal ball...it said, "People who worry about facebook pages have too much time on their hands."

#30 2011-02-19 10:07:54

By: mike9f on 1/24/10Frack, I can't believe I missed the premier of Caprica. I still watch the old BG on disk, Robert. I liked the new version alot but I am still a die hard fan of the old tv series.

Hey, that's great.  Howsabout you and Robert just get together for a Battlestar Galactica Geekfest and let people who know what they're doing run for selectman?

#31 2011-02-19 10:10:20

By: mike9f on 1/24/10I don't envy our new TA. He has his work cut out for him. I still reserving giving him a grade but I think he will do a good job for Wareham overall.

"I still reserving"

I still reserving giving Mikey a good grade until he can say "I am still reserving."

#32 2011-02-19 10:13:18

By: mike9f on 2/14/10Who's the Man? Robert is the man!

Wait, what was that again?

I thought that's what he said.  People, don't vote for Mikey or every Tuesday night you will be hearing:

#33 2011-02-19 10:13:44

One more for emphasis:

#34 2011-02-19 10:15:54

By: mike9f on 2/14/10The Standard Times will never present a fair and balanced view on anything that involves the Wareham Board of Selectmen.

I disagree.  I felt their "Throw the Bums Out" editorial was written quite eloquently.

#35 2011-02-19 10:15:59

GuyIncognito wrote:

Wait, what was that again?

Do we have a photo of this fellow?

#36 2011-02-19 10:17:48

By: robertslager on 2/14/10There were also several people standing around us. I doubt seriously if DeFelice would have offered a handshake if we were alone.

By: mike9f on 2/14/10Pass the hand sanitizer, please!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's Mr. Mature and Responsible debate himself!

#37 2011-02-19 10:20:40

Oh Good God...

By: mike9f on 2/14/10Viking, maybe an expose about how TBW and the Library extremists are working hand-in-hand to oust the encumbant Selectmen? Actually, I think the AG might already know about the latter.

Did he really just say the words "library extremists?"

Sounds like a quote made by someone who thinks:

#38 2011-02-19 10:23:00

What Mr. Mature and Responsible Debate said about Dick Wheeler:

By: mike9f on 2/14/10Patti, the problem is more likely that he did paddle a little too far out and is now just drifting a bit too far.

#39 2011-02-19 10:24:35

By: mike9f on 2/14/10Based on what I've seen from past Boards, the "I'd do it again Board" the You've had your day Board", I would say they were appologetic. Come on, It felt like an hour went by reading those letters in their obnoxious entirety.

Calling letters the DA made the prior BOS read due to open meeting law violations "obnoxious?"

#40 2011-02-19 10:27:24

Ok that's all for this installment of Mikey's Greatest Hits.  Until next time, remember:

#41 2011-02-19 15:14:59

#42 2011-02-19 15:27:16

Says it all!!

#43 2011-02-19 15:52:56

The video above was from the 9/29/09 BoS meeting. Not only was it Schneider and Begley's "public entrance"..But, remember.. "We're not a group" wait, but now we are a group..and now we can raise $$$ for candidates..and surprise..now, we're candidates..yes, they who preach "open and mature debate"..then don't practice what they preach...and who had a meeting that promised debate and didn't allow any...Jane even stated it was never meant to be open to debate...hmmm, really?? Kind of reminds me of when Cronie said "Sue the Town"..and a week later saying he never said it. Well, do you believe them..or your lying ears and eyes?

For my $$...the "precious moment" of these video clips is "Brenda's Breakdown" (starts around the 6:50 point of part 1, above). Instant Classic.

#44 2011-02-19 19:23:09

Oh my god someone videotaped a public meeting???? Nooooooooooo!!!

#45 2011-02-19 19:43:38

By: totellthetruth on 2/14/11
Now that Brenda and Jane have made it "official" I would like to offer my sincere gratitude for the efforts they have made in the past and present on behalf of the Town Of Wareham. I sincerely hope the Mr. Schneider and Mrs. Begley will continue what Jane and Brenda started.

Wow if anyone was even considering voting for Mikey or Ellen this should put a vote for someone else. You heard it mike and Ellen will be a continuation of Brenda and jane!

#46 2011-02-19 19:59:11

Ahh yes, good ole Brenda, that bastion of being kind to private citizens:

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-02-19 20:00:23)

#47 2011-02-19 20:03:09

And don't forget Mikey's response to Brenda calling a citizen an idiot:

By: mike9f on 6/27/10
I was at both of the recent BOS meetings that Mr. Bicki showed up. I did not hear Mrs. Eckstrom's comments either. Maybe someone sitting closer to her,very,very, close, pointed it out to Mr. Bicki. Mrs. Eckstrom does not hesitate to speak her mind. If she wanted to insult him or she wanted him to hear her, there is no doublt in my mind that she would have made certain he did. During the second meeting he did act like an idiot. Saying someone is acting like an idiot is different than calling Bicki an idiot. That's my opinion anyway.

#48 2011-02-21 21:48:42

And now we return with another installment of "Mikey's Greatest Hits." 

Here's Mikey, a charter member of the "Mature and Responsible Debate Society" calling someone an idiot on Wareham Village Soup:

POSTED BY: MICHAEL SCHNEIDER | Oct 24, 2010 11:14
Frogs, I can’t help but notice how difficult it is for you to stay on topic.
This discussion is about the IG’s report and the investigation into the improper actions of the Municipal Maintenance Director. There is absolutely no correlation between this topic and the topics of swifts beach, John Donahue, the director of inspectional services, a lifeguard supervisor, the town clerk, or anyone in the clerk’s office. By all means, if you feel you have legitimate complaints, file complaints with the appropriate agencies or authorities.
Frogsrule stated:  “The person at fault is the contractor who submitted illegal invoices,yes they should reimburse the town."
Even a complete idiot would recognize the lack of logic or disingenuity behind this argument.

Let's just drag out that last sentence, shall we?

Even a complete idiot would recognize the lack of logic or disingenuity behind this argument.

Is it mature and responsible debate to call someone an idiot during an online debate?  I don't know, but then again I'm not a charter member of the Mature and Responsible Debate Society.

#49 2011-02-21 21:56:35

Mikey defends Bobo on Wareham Village Soup:

POSTED BY: MICHAEL SCHNEIDER | Feb 06, 2011 12:52
Hello, All. I see that some of the folks here are of the opinion that  allowing Robert Slager to teach a class for the COA, somehow violates the Massachusetts Ethics Law. If that is the reason that this is an issue, then that's a valid reason to question Slager teaching the class. If it's not a violation of the ethics law, then Slager teaching the class shouldn't be an issue at all, should it?
At the time of this writing, I have not seen anyone provide any specificity as to what portion or provision of the ethics law has been violated. Would someone be kind enough to post the relevent section that they base their belief on?

#50 2011-02-21 22:26:14

Mikey wrote a letter "Opposition Connected to Smear Website" dated Feb 20, 2010 in the Standard Times.  That letter has a plethora of Mikey notable quotables, including this one where he defends Sweet Brucey:

Mikey in a Standard Times Letter to the Editor wrote:

It's obvious that The Standard-Times, through its editorial board, will use the editorials on the opinion page to overtly attempt to discredit the opponents of the candidates The Standard-Times Editorial Board will covertly support in the coming elections. Of course, one selectman, Bruce Sauvageau, who has been a consistent target of The Standard-Times, will remain its primary target.

#51 2011-02-21 22:27:55

"Covertly support?"

Sounds like the words of someone who thinks:

#52 2011-02-22 20:45:36

Back with another edition of Mikey's greatest hits.  This one will make your head spin:

By: mike9f on 8/1/09
Just read Steve Holmes Letter to the ST. I am disgusted. Below is what the Title of the Letter to the Editor should have been.

Race baiting? Or was Robert Slager really just looking out for all of Wareham’s residents including the Cape Verdean Community?

As we all know, there are a number of ways a person or people can be discriminated against. Discrimination can be direct or indirect. Indirect discrimination appears to be equal treatment but is unfair on certain people because of a particular personal characteristic.

I can certainly see why Mr. Slager would hypothesize what could have been construed as indirect discrimination. Here’s why:

1) It is generally believed that the Wareham Observer is widely followed by the Cape Verdean Community. There was extensive coverage of the Oak Grove School and Community center matters in that newspaper. In fact, if it were not for the Wareham Observer, many of us would not have any knowledge about the Oak Grove School or the Cape Verdean Community’s desires.

Bob Brady failed to place an ad for his July 30th meeting in the Wareham Observer, a newspaper widely believed to be read by the Cape Verdean Community. This was the only local paper that Mr. Brady did not place an ad.

2) It is also generally believed that an overwhelming majority of the Cape Verdean community are strong supporters of the Board of Selectmen because they believe that the Board of Selectmen effectively represent the interests of the Cape Verdean community.

If it is true that an overwhelming number of the Cape Verdean population are supporters of the Board of Selectmen and the vast majority read the Wareham Observer instead of the other newspapers, then Bob Brady’s meeting invitation was inherently unfair in that it limited a disproportionate number of the Cape Verdean community from attending by not providing them with the same notice.

I am by no means trying to imply that Bob Brady was trying to discriminate against the Cape Verdean Community. I genuinely believe that he did not have any intention of doing that. He just wanted to keep everyone who might speak in opposition to his agenda out!

Steve Holmes seems to be an intelligent man, I think he was smart enough to see a genuine observation by Slager and was able to sufficiently blur the line to manipulate it into a headline. I also believe that the vast majority of people will see the validity in the above arguments.

Let this be a lesson to all of us that it is inclusion rather than exclusion that will avoid situations such as this. The BOS, John Donahue, and Robert Slager have nothing to be ashamed of.

#53 2011-02-22 21:23:24

More of Mikey's Greatest hits!

Mikey calls the previous BOS' multiple meeting law violations "an innocent oversight."

By: mike9f on 1/21/10
Although I have not seen the letter from the ADA outlining the specifics, it seems reasonable to consider that this was an innocent oversight by the Board of Selectmen. It also seems reasonable to question why one violation or oversight, a failure to state that the BOS would be the hiring Commitee, particularly since the Board is defined by the Charter as having that authority, should result in the multiplication of violations over time. I understand the logic, I just don't think I agree with it whether it is this Board or a Board from another town.

#54 2011-02-22 21:28:06

By: mike9f on 7/18/10
I think we all have a common vision for Wareham, Robert. We all have something substantial to contribute to that vision. We just need to get everyone who shares that vision together to create a unified voice. We are on the road to doing that. I'm truly excited.

Oh yes, Mikey, please bring the common vision of Wareham you share with Robert to the BOS.  The past 5 years of a Wareham influenced by Bobo's blatherings have been super duper.

#55 2011-02-22 21:31:50

By: mike9f on 8/8/10
Jane Donahue and Brenda Eckstrom are pretty much all that stands between keeping us from sliding back to the abyss that town government was before they were elected.

This one probably deserves its own thread too.

#56 2011-02-24 23:05:56

More of Mikey's Greatest Hits.

Mikey thinks the rag deserves the town's ad revenue, asks rag bloggers to write to Sanguinet about it:

By: mike9f on 8/23/09
Hello everyone. Just catching up. I would like to ask each of you who post here to write a letter to John Sanginet inquiring as to his process for awarding legal adverting. Seems to me that our local paper is not receiving its fair share.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-02-24 23:21:33)

#57 2011-02-24 23:07:30

Mikey sure wants Bobo to get that town ad revenue:

I don't know about anyone else here but I have a real poblem wiith our ITA not taking the low bidder for legal advertising for fear of it potentialy looking like favoritism by the BOS. I think the ITA's argument is BS. Anyone agree?

#58 2011-02-24 23:09:20

I'm sorry to keep harping on the legal advertising, folks. But, I really think it is important.

So, anyone else get the impression that Mikey thinks Bobo should get town legal advertising?

#59 2011-03-02 09:13:53

bump

#60 2011-03-04 09:47:39

Mikey, talking about the fictional "library scandal" that his buddy Bobo the Faker invented:

By: mike9f on 1/6/10
Funny how the ST and Courier could be so stunningly silent. They wrote an article about the bank robbery but not one word about what might very well turn out to be the biggest story in Wareham history.

Hey, Urbon and Rip Dinkle(LM). You know what? You've been scooped again!

They didn't write about it because it didn't happen.  How can someone so gullible be a selectman?

#61 2011-03-04 09:48:58

I already stopped reading the hardcopy, Robert. I'm only reading the interet site because it's still free. When they start charging for the online content, I guess that will be it for me and the ST. I just can't see waisting the money. Maybe I'll get a bagel to go with my coffee in the morning instead.

By: robertslager on 1/6/10
Careful, Mike. They hate bloggers will start calling you a bagel-eating so and so.

That would make me a bagel-eating, tin foil hat wearing so and so, and proud of it!

At least he's honest about the tin hat.

#62 2011-03-04 09:50:49

By: Telsa on 1/6/10
Proud to be a member of the tin foil hat club. I'm going to put sequence (sp)on mine. Maybe I will start a designer collection. hee hee.

She meant to say "sequins." 

Mslilly and Telsa, maybe we could all get one prior to candidate's night. What a hoot that would be with us all in line armed with our decked out tin foil hats and some really serious questions.
We should get one for Bob Brady - extra large to fit his big head.
I don't think it would help the reception any.
LOL.
By: Telsa on 1/6/10
hahahahhaha We are funny. TFHC. Tin foil hat club. LOVE IT!

#63 2011-03-04 09:51:50

Wait, what was that again, Mikey?

Mslilly and Telsa, maybe we could all get one prior to candidate's night. What a hoot that would be with us all in line armed with our decked out tin foil hats and some really serious questions.

Well, at least he doesn't deny being a tin hat!

#64 2011-03-04 09:53:13

By: mike9f on 1/8/10
Ethics complaint
What is your view on the anonymous ethics complaint filed against Bruce Sauvageau regarding Swifts Beach?

Any bets on who cast the 1 vote toward this being a ligit issue?

We know, Mikey.  Sweet Brucey can do no wrong.

#65 2011-03-04 09:55:56

Wow, it would be a sad day for Wareham if someone who laughs at a joke like this gets elected:

By: MsLilly on 2/6/10
Dan...adding "Wheeler" to your otherwise customary battle cry of affection for Dick had me LMAO this morning...

Thanks...
By: mike9f on 2/6/10
Mslilly, you are too, too, funny. ;)LOL

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com