#1 2011-02-16 07:51:08

I hear there is a possibility that Market Basket may be putting in a store at the outlet mall across from Xmas Tree Shop...IS THAT TRUE?? Anyone hear this? I hope so. I'm from North Central Ma. and I must say that MB is the best Market ever. The money you save is amazing. MB blows away all the other Markets in prices included the Super Walmart which is in the same area. Most people that I know in my neighborhood and in the surrounding towns also will travel to save at MB. We to have Shaws and Price Chopper and S&S...Can't compare. I have talked with a few folks in Wareham that are already taking advantage of the savings at the MB in New Bedford. So I really hope its true. Also hate the idea of Walmart moving from East Wareham..What about the Conservation Com. in W. Wareham thought they were "huge" on restrictions in interrupting the habitat. They sure were on my property on Mill pond. Couldn't even vista trim to see the water more than a few feet. Don't get it...

#2 2011-02-16 08:36:33

carrelli wrote:

I have talked with a few folks in Wareham that are already taking advantage of the savings at the MB in New Bedford. So I really hope its true. Also hate the idea of Walmart moving from East Wareham..What about the Conservation Com. in W. Wareham thought they were "huge" on restrictions in interrupting the habitat.

PriceRite, with 2 stores in New Bedford, works the same way; small stores abandoned by other retailers, limited selection and bagging but more than competitive price and competent staff. I talked to one of their corporate muckamucks when Shaws muscled into the Wareham Plaza 6 years ago and he said PriceRite was out-lawyered, out-gunned and out-moneyed. (Cue Warren Zevon.)

If Wal-Mart doesn't make your skin crawl, it's on too tight. So, yeah, no matter what happens, we'll still have to schlep to New Beige. Thanks, assholes.

Last edited by billw (2011-02-16 08:37:17)

#3 2011-02-16 09:44:58

billw wrote:

..PriceRite was out-lawyered, out-gunned and out-moneyed. (Cue Warren Zevon.)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com