#1 2011-02-15 09:06:53

Let us take a moment to congratulate Jane and Brenda on their decision to not run for re-election.  In their long political careers, this was literally the one and only good thing they did for the town and I applaud them for it.  Their compatriots were shown the door by the voters in overwhelming numbers last year.  No doubt they realized they would be handed a similar embarrassing defeat at the ballot box this year and found a cowardly way to avoid it.

I salute these lame ducks and just hope they won't waste too much time quacking at the next several BOS meetings between now and April.

Meanwhile, there are two old dogs, Cronie and Curly, who keep barking up Wareham's tree even though the voters shooed them away last year.  Why can't they take a lesson from their lame duck friends and learn to just slink away when they know they are not wanted?

#2 2011-02-15 10:25:06

GuyIncognito wrote:

Let us take a moment to congratulate Jane and Brenda [...]

No doubt they realized they would be handed a similar embarrassing defeat at the ballot box this year and found a cowardly way to avoid it.

Don't put away the wooden stake yet.

Candidates have until 5 p.m. on
Wednesday to return them, complete with
the signatures of 50 registered voters.

GuyIncognito wrote:

Meanwhile, there are two old dogs, Cronie and Curly, who keep barking up Wareham's tree even though the voters shooed them away last year.  Why can't they take a lesson from their lame duck friends and learn to just slink away when they know they are not wanted?

Because they're unemployed and driving their wives nuts.

#3 2011-02-15 11:24:35

BillW, unless I missed the rules of the game(very possible), the two lame ducks needed to take out papers by Monday, to be returned by Wednesday. So, if they did not take out papers on Monday, then the Wednesday deadline is moot.

Consider it a St. Valentine's present. forget the wooden stakes  - I prefer what is portrayed to the right by the "Gonzo" journalist  -  isn't that champagne in the hands of Hunter Thompson?

the real focus needs to be the candidates already being given preferential treatment by a certain e-rag......

Last edited by stewie (2011-02-15 11:27:50)

#4 2011-02-15 12:11:44

stewie wrote:

the real focus needs to be the candidates already being given preferential treatment by a certain e-rag......

Based on the line-up of candidates we have, I would recommend:

DON'T VOTE FOR:

Cronie - We already had three years of the dirt thief and it didn't turn out so well.  After being caught on tape advising a citizen to sue the town ("sue em, that'll take care of it.") then denied it, and after being caught on tape calling two employees rats, he was voted out of office. 

DON'T VOTE FOR:

Mike and Ellen aka the E-Rag Cheer Squad.  Both have written letters to the editor in support of this loser.  Both supported the previous regime as well.  Wareham, if you didn't like the "leadership" provided by the prior BOS, it's a safe assumption you won't like the "leadership" provided by their buddies either.

DON'T VOTE FOR:

Curly - Should be easy enough, Wareham.  You didn't vote for him last year, so why start now?  Oh, that line can be applied to Cronie too.  Anyway, don't vote for Curly and be sure to ask:

1) Why doesn't he work for the probation department anymore?

2)  Why is he so cozy with the E-Rag?

By: John_Donahue on 1/16/11
Robert, could you help us help you by giving us a notion of what it would take to finance your operation? For the sake of discussion, how many contributions of $50 or $100 or $250 or $500 or $1,000 would it take to make your operation successful?

3)  Why is someone who advocated the abolishment of town meeting running for a town meeting based office?

DON'T VOTE FOR:

Donna Bronk.  Yes, I know some folks were on the fence but I think when she came out in support of the TA last week that cleared it up for many.

DO VOTE FOR:

So, vote how you wish but I recommend:

1)  Frank DeFelice - An old school tin hat fighter of world renown.

2)  Jennifer Peterson - Has experience in business, has been writing on her website about various issues and has some good ideas.

I don't know anything about Joe Ashley, other than he is not Curly which is at least one feather in his cap but I'll have to find out more.

#5 2011-02-15 16:08:33

Guy, I think it is so important for the voters to understand that John Donahue was so vocal of his disdain towards the Town Meeting forum.  He has been quoated numerous times "talking trash" about it.  How could anyone who so vocally does not agree with it to then run for a position within in it?  How are we to think he could possibly put his full interest into something that he does not believe in??????

#6 2011-02-15 20:45:23

Hello Bloggers,

Guy Incognito here and with my incognito investigatory skills, I have learned that Joseph Ashley is the young man (18 year old) who got up at town meeting and gave a fine speech which, as I recall, was in favor of town meeting. 

I say we all rally around him.  Why? 

1)  How great is it that someone that age is interested in serving his community?

2)  I have heard that he is very serious about getting involved in helping the town.  He has been attending a number of government meetings just to learn how the process works, learn about the issues, and so forth.  He's been putting his time into it so that's a sign that he will be willing to work hard.

3)  He knows at 18 that town meeting is great.  Curly doesn't and how old is he?

4)  The idea of Curly getting defeated at the polls by an 18 year old just tickles my funny bone.

Come on people, Ashley for Deputy Moderator!!!  Ashley for Deputy Moderator!!!

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-02-15 20:46:41)

#7 2011-02-15 21:46:28

I also heard that the plan was for Donahue to run a write in campaign after nominations closed, assuming that no one was going to run.

Young Mr. Ashley jumped in and ruined his plans.

I agree...an 18 year old with the love of his Town is worth his weight in gold. Someone young and serious, not old and addled. Someone willing to learn the traditions of Town Meeting and be groomed to be a Moderator, Selectman, or whatever he wants after he pays his dues.

It is inspiring to me.

There is hope for America!

#8 2011-02-15 22:53:26

I have to agree with Guy  this 18 year old is the future of Wareham and this position is all about the future not the past. If you were already the moderator of the town meeting why would you want to be the assistant like you have some thing to learn. You should already known what it takes. John you are a looser and keep showing it  in your actions. It is time to just leave.

#9 2011-02-16 07:12:13

why doesnt curly get a real job?

#10 2011-02-16 23:19:20

No one trusts him.   It's his own doing.

#11 2011-02-18 17:50:53

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/bruceandbrendamouse.pnghttps://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/curly.jpghttps://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/weasle.png

How Jane Donahue became Parkwood's  "Weasle".

Curly, above, is an unaltered screen shot from the colorized release of "Disorder In The Court".

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Last edited by billw (2011-02-23 07:21:34)

#12 2011-02-19 00:15:49

Now it's time to say goodbye....... Hmmm...the picture didn't appear..

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Last edited by ChrisG (2011-02-19 00:17:41)

#13 2011-02-19 00:24:53

#14 2011-02-22 20:27:29

Who was the leader of our town
Whose ass was voted out
Brucie Louse
Hey there, Hi there, Ho there, He blows
BoBo over there
Brucie Louse      BoBo's dumb
Brucie Louse      BoBo's dumb
Forever let us wave our free rags
High   High   High   high
So come along, yell Brucie's a dong
      and BoBo's gone away
Oh Bru -(u gotta go-) Cie - (he's got a beau named BoBo)- Louse

#15 2011-02-22 21:17:12

LMAO!!!

#16 2011-02-22 22:35:45

Deal is done!!!!   Stanley gets his price and will be named full time Wareham Chief this week!!!!

#17 2011-02-22 22:55:48

Well, I guess you had better think about using your line item veto power at Town Meeting and remove the pay for the Chief.

Let him sue you...what else is new?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com