#1 2011-01-15 22:16:00

So Bobo thinks he can influence the election by returning to print starting in march? Christ you would think after being such a screw up in life he would have learned his lesson. but no. let him fail again and again. over and over. nobody cares, nobody is listening to you bobo.

#2 2011-01-15 22:33:17

attention to all advertisors. why advertise in a paper that open / shuts on a whim. this is not how to run a business. but if bobo wants to put himself and his family deeper and deeper into debt so be it

#3 2011-01-16 09:04:51

its obvious that someone or group has funded slager to come back and try to influence the election in april. he had no influence in the last election so im not sure why anyone would throw their money away. i wouldnt be suprised if he closes shop right after the election as well. Advertisors are not going to give ads to a paper that they have no idea if they are going to be in business one day to the next.

#4 2011-01-16 09:12:58

If he prints in March, the papers will be delivered by flying pigs.

Don't be duped into believing bullshit from a fantasy man...living in a fantasy world.

#5 2011-01-16 09:16:40

PeterGriffin wrote:

its obvious that someone or group has funded slager to come back and try to influence the election in april. he had no influence in the last election so im not sure why anyone would throw their money away.

One word. Westfield.

In a perfect world, we'd learn the identity of the developer who cut Bobo the check and ban him from Wareham contracts in perpetuity.

#6 2011-01-16 10:00:02

Bill W is right.

Once Westfield is TRULY discussed, once it is discovered that a senior housing development will never be built there, once developers look at the restrictions, performance bonds, lack of ability to use the property to leverage for other developments, the idea of re-establishing a yellow rag will disappear, along with any money associated with the resurrection of an impotent publication.

#7 2011-01-16 13:34:36

ole slager wanted to be a house mommey,and be with the family,the kids were in school,and the wife earned the money,now he wants to open the paper at election time the heck with his family, the real reason someone is bankrolling the paper for the election ,who could that be the westfild devloper?,the ladies from move wareham backward and there nice blanket  shawls they were selling for xmass, remember potential advertisers ,advertise in that paper and i will not patronize your bussiness.

#8 2011-01-16 22:18:33

By: John_Donahue on 1/16/11
Robert, could you help us help you by giving us a notion of what it would take to finance your operation? For the sake of discussion, how many contributions of $50 or $100 or $250 or $500 or $1,000 would it take to make your operation successful?

Enough said

#9 2011-01-16 22:21:06

By: John_Donahue on 1/16/11
Take Back Wareham......NOW HEAR THIS!!!!.......You lack the moral high ground.......repeat........You lack the moral fortitude..............remember Town Meeting?............Remember the quantum of the vote on Westfield?..............Remember the quantum of the vote on Clean Water?......No spiders, No cry.

now hear this get a JOB

#10 2011-01-16 23:32:15

Hey, wasn't John Donahue the name of the guy who USED TO BE the Town Moderator?

#11 2011-01-16 23:34:24

Remember the "quantum" of that vote, John boy?

#12 2011-01-17 07:45:42

notice how moderators should show that they dont take sides. heres a question who is probably the only person who got fired from a political hack job in the court system?

#13 2011-01-17 07:46:20

who has been fired from two different towns as assessor because they screwed up so back the state had to come down and take over?

#14 2011-01-17 18:12:25

Lessee,

Ya got your quantum physics, quantum mechanics....and now quantum VOTES? Is John D. aka "curlie" trying to morph into my ol' pal Les Izmor. As in: I got LESS votes than it takes to win the election, but that IS MORE because I can run my mouth louder & longer to the irritation & annoyance of all.

My memory is that the DoR did not run him out of Swansea; he showed up at a meeting of the BoA with his ATTORNEY (surely a first in the Commonwealth) and resigned ahead of the shitstorm swirling around him. The DoR had him in their sights; there can be NO doubt about that. Good reporting by the Providence Journal contributed to the deletion of his pestilence in the town of Swansea.

#15 2011-01-19 07:44:21

Slager Does Not Have A Job, His Wife Is The Sole Bread Winner ,where I Ask Is Yhe Money Coming From To Pay His Printing Costs , I Think Whoever Is Giving Him The Money Is Doing So Illegally Because It Is Comming Out At Election Time And Should Be Connsidered A Campaign Donation.

#16 2011-01-23 13:44:22

Hmmm.

A certain pompous windbag of a contributor seems to be MIA of late in the new, improved (sarcasm alert) online version of the rag. Busy prepping for a go at the State's bar exam?

Can we look forward to his mangled history lessons and misanthropic commentary when the print edition returns?

Meanwhile, you can always read year-old articles and screeds. Another example of moving Wareham forward? by recycling the oldies, but badies?

It would be funny, if   -  well, you know.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com