#1 2010-10-19 12:58:46

We were told two weeks in July!  Then we were told Sept. 28 or Oct. 5, only to be told on Sept. 28 it wouldn't be done because of a sick law office employee.

So then we were told Oct 19...

That's today!  GUESS WHAT?!

The Ham of Peace has heard that the promised audit presentation for tonight will be AGAIN DELAYED!!!!!  Word has it that we can't expect to hear about it until late November, possibly even December!

Well, pardon my french but, isn't that just a bunch of BULLSHIT?

A few Ham of Peace thoughts:

1)  Did the town pay for this up front?  Every home owner knows you only pay a contractor a deposit for work on your house because if you pay him all up front, you'll be lucky to get the work finished within a decade.  The town has shelled out a ton of taxpayer cash and has absolutely nothing to show for it.

2)  Isn't it obvious by now that the Hypocrite Elite is trying to extend this as far past April as they can just to get Janey and Brenda re-elected?

3)  When they keep giving us dates for when this will be completed only to turn around and delay it...is it hard not to start thinking that maybe some illicit shenanigans are afoot?

Oh well.  Tune in late November or December...where we will then see...yeah, we'll probably see another delay and another demand for more taxpayer money.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-10-19 22:03:42)

#2 2010-10-19 13:33:37

THE TOWN DIDNT EVEN GET A CONTRACT FROM TORRES!!!!!!!!!!!! NO CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!! AND PAID HIM UP FRONT.

THEY WILL DELAY , DELAY , AND DELAY UNTIL AFTER THE ELECTION BECAUSE THE AUDIT SHOWS JACK SHIT

NEXT IT WILL BE ITS TOO BUSY WITH TOWN MEETING AND THE NOV ELECTION, THEN THEY WONT BE ABLE TO DO IT AROUND THE HOLIDAYS. AND SO ON AND SO ON.

ALL THOSE NUTJOBS ON SLAGER'S SITE WASTING THEIR DVR SPACE FOR NOTHING.

HEADS SHOULD ROLE, PEOPLE SHOULD BE FIRED!!!!!!

#3 2010-10-19 13:41:41

Dudes, dudes, dudes.....

the Ham of Peace is being tested by the Hypocritical Elite. the question: can the Ham of Peace morph into the Ham of Patience?

Let's sit & center out thoughts, shall we? Focus on the Chi within. Deep, cleansing breaths.

Ommmmmm

Ommmmmm

Oh MY God, HOW COULD THEY F@#%!*UP AGAIN?

There, isn't that better?

#4 2010-10-19 13:47:31

OH IT GETS BETTER:

TORRES DIDNT EVEN DO THE WORK. HE PAID A 3RD PARTY TO DO THE AUDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO IS THIS THIRD PARTY????

WHAT KIND OF CHAIN OF EVIDENCE IS THIS??????

HOW MANY PEOPLES HANDS HAVE BEEN ON THIS EVIDENCE??????

WHY DIDNT WE JUST PAY THE 3RD PERSON DIRECTLY???? SO TORRES GETS A CUT FOR DOING NOTHING?????????

#5 2010-10-19 13:52:26

Ham of Peace here (Patience ran out along time ago, Nota)

That is disturbing to hear that the town has no official contract with the lawyer and that the lawyer sublet the job to someone else.

The tin hats tell us this is the investigation of the century and yet the Hypocrite Elite chosen lawyer a) hasn't even started it yet and b) apparently doesn't think it is important enough to do it himself.

Why are we paying someone to just give the job to someone else?  Why didn't we just give it to the someone else in the first place?

The ignorance and incompetence of the Hypocrite Elite is astounding.

#6 2010-10-19 13:52:37

IHS,

Its a little unclear about what you really feel on this point. Could you clarify your comments, just a bit?

It appears that you want them flagged for Delay of Game  -  which is only a 5-yard penalty.

My thought is that two of them have earned a Game misconduct (hockey) penalty, and should be banished from the action, permanently.

The bad news is that the nearest opportunity is over five months away, in April, 2011.

The good news is that the voters can reappear as that thundering herd that trampled the three blind mice last April.

This little bit of nonsense should enrage & enlarge that ass-kickin' assemblage.

#7 2010-10-19 13:56:03

Just remember - they told us in June it'd be ready in "two weeks" in July.

Never hire someone to do a job without a contract.  The average chump on the street knows that, the Hypocrite Elite apparently doesn't.

#8 2010-10-19 14:14:35

Perhaps this could be discussed during "Citizen's Participation"?

Don't they need to be put on notice that, as Ham stated, patience has run out?

In  prior postings, I noted that of the six items listed in the correspondence from the DA, that five of the six were non-criminal. Nora B. was kind enough to post that listing as a follow-up.

Then why, why, why is it necessary for this Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairies over those five items???? If there is potential for criminal liability on one of the items, then fine. One can understand caution on that point, given possible criminal proceedings. But on the others? NFW.

It seems to me that the BoS has had the info needed to deal with the Fab Five. Then why not just do it and get past it?

It is time to pressure the BoS. And is it time to think "RECALL" ?????  If that is what it takes.....

#9 2010-10-19 15:30:48

Think about this - Bobo and his buddies have been screaming about how the audit will reveal all kinds of evil shenanigans.

If that were true, why did they give the job to someone who apparently can't be bothered to start working on it?

Delay delay delay...excuses, excuses, more excuses...it's all bullshit and they will stall all they can until they're past next April's election.

#10 2010-10-19 15:54:09

I would think that the same group would be screaming for the results to be announced????? Why are they not saying a word? Remember, this is "life changing" results.....maybe they are still going over the results with a "fine tooth comb".....

Where is the outrage? Where is the cry for accountability? Where are those seeking transparency from our leaders?

#11 2010-10-19 16:41:36

Breaking news ace slobserver halifax reporter still has nothing on his site regarding this. Again breaking news reported here.

#12 2010-10-19 17:42:25

IHS,

He's too busy trying to define the next characterization of Take Back Wareham.

We were a "group".

More recently, we became a "crew".

So. Have we been promoted from Group to Crew? Or, is that a demotion?

This is a question that needs to be addressed by the president of Take Back Wareham. As soon as anyone can identify that individual,  please let me know.

Perhaps the Board of Directors of Take Back Wareham can put this burning question on the agenda for their next meeting. Oh, that would be their first meeting, right?

You see, the thing that BoBo et al can't stand is that a disparate group of INDIVIDUALS came together on an independent basis due to common goals: change the BoS, change the political culture in the Town, and change the influence of the Harlot of Halifax to zero. And, the fact that there has been substantial progress in attaining these goals goes right up their backside like the blades of a hunting arrow.

Take Back Wareham: Individuals committed to good government and progress.

Why is that a problem, BoBo?

#13 2010-10-19 17:46:14

Let's put this in perspective.

The Tin Hats keep crying and whining about all the evil doings that will be revealed by the audit, but they've had since JANUARY to do it and it is now MID-OCTOBER and they have done NOTHING!!!!!!!!!

#14 2010-10-19 17:47:28

They told us Oct. 19.  It's Oct. 19.  No more delays.  No more excuses.  Either the town is presented with an audit tonight, or the town should be presented with Jane and Brenda's immediate resignations.

#16 2010-10-19 19:39:54

Again it gets better. Torres has been reported to have been paid over 54,000 dollars in the don bliss case. No resolution on that eithier. It appears that the town is just one big cash cow for humans we as taxpayers are once again paying for brenda and janes vendettas.

#17 2010-10-19 19:43:35

Oh and torres does not have a contract on the bliss matter eithier.

#18 2010-10-19 20:09:18

The tin-hats take their cues from us..if we say up they say down...or should I say Bobo does, and they just follow. If we want the audit results, they don't..if we don't..they do..just the way it is..Hypocrites all.

NAL..I like your apt description of TBW..could you make up a memo and pass it around at the next (first) meeting, please?

Anyone really surprised about the audit? Incompetence is commonplace.

Always remember..NO MAN can eat fifty eggs!!

P-SPAN
October 25, 2010

#19 2010-10-19 20:51:11

Wasn't this lawyer the one the former dictatorship went to when they fired McAulliffe?  Why wasn't there any opportunity for any discussion as to which lawyer to hire?  The town just went out and hired the previous board's go to guy so far it hasn't worked out well.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-10-19 20:51:39)

#20 2010-10-19 20:59:04

Jesus...I guess we have to wait till midnight before we hear about the Hypocrite Elite's incompetence.

#21 2010-10-19 21:14:19

well after all, we have to "make the Town whole"!!..WTF does that even mean?

#22 2010-10-19 21:15:13

Don't worry ham they will bury this around midnight

#23 2010-10-19 21:52:13

Whoa here it comes!

#24 2010-10-19 21:52:25

Hypocrite Elite incompetence!

#25 2010-10-19 21:53:43

Winslow says fire the lawyer!

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-10-19 21:53:54)

#26 2010-10-19 21:59:10

I'm going to go out on a limb here (but not too far) and suggest that from what I read here from some of you all in the know, Marc Pacheco is from my
old native City so I'm sure he influenced Mr Torres' hiring in some way.  You all speak to how certain officials here in Wareham share a bed with him.  I'm just say'n.
And now there is that lip server of a manager so that's probably one big ole bed.

As to the "audit", I'm retired thirty five years computer forensics so I can tell you beyond any doubt that lawyers have NO business reporting on hard drive audits.  I've watched this closely since last summer and can't figure out why the original forensics company hasn't provided the report.  It's what we do (did).  Something stinks and it has a rotten odor to it.  Again, just say'n.

I'd be want'n to see the contract the town executed with that company.

#27 2010-10-19 22:02:05

Drop dead deadline of Friday.

#28 2010-10-19 22:13:22

But Ham,

a "drop dead deadline" of Friday means What?, exactly...

A "report" gets delivered....and then what?

No "report" gets delivered....and do they start over?

This is local Gummint inaction.

This is not good.

#29 2010-10-19 22:20:00

Witchhunter makes a great point:something stinks here but what else is new??..Torres was hired on the recommendation of the previous Board, Brockton Brenda stated as much..the Torres /Pacheco connection is viable, as Torres was the City Solicitor in Taunton and now holds the same job in Fall River..I can't help but think "smokescreen" or "end-run" despite the protests of Jane and Brenduuuhhh..

#30 2010-10-19 22:28:05

Nota,

I can't really figure out what they decided.  It sounds like a Drop Dead Deadline by Friday, but then didn't Brenda chime in and say, well, even if it's by Monday?  We have to be patient, I had to wait 9 months for that pesky DA, blah blah blah.

So...who knows.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-10-19 22:29:06)

#31 2010-10-19 22:41:47

I thought the ham of peace was out of patience,,,,,

Anyone who claims to have patience with all of this has already submitted to cryogenisis. How else to explain it?

#32 2010-10-19 22:43:11

Nota, Correction - I am an impatient Ham of Peace, I was just paraphrasing what was said by the Brockton Broad above.

#33 2010-10-19 22:51:10

Got it, Ham.

Why do I think of laurel & Hardy when I listen to the Bren-duh & the Weasel go back & forth?

"this is another fine mess you got us into...."

Stop the Messin' up.......Vote them OUT !!!

#34 2010-10-20 09:39:00

witchunter wrote:

As to the "audit", I'm retired thirty five years computer forensics so I can tell you beyond any doubt that lawyers have NO business reporting on hard drive audits.  I've watched this closely since last summer and can't figure out why the original forensics company hasn't provided the report.  It's what we do (did).  Something stinks and it has a rotten odor to it.  Again, just say'n.

I'd be want'n to see the contract the town executed with that company.

Could someone clarify what I thought I heard last night? I got the impression that there was another party involved doing the work (????a computer forensics group???) and that Torres is only writing an EXECUTIVE SUMMARY.  Perhaps I didn't get it quite right. Did anyone hear this? Please clarify if possible.

Do we know if the other party is a new forensics group or the original? Did the original back out when they realized they were in a nasty quagmire and it would only get worse? Did Torres hire a new forensics company which he will pay from the $7500??? Nothing seems to be transparent about this.

I can say one thing with confidence. This is another example of a bungled, badly mis-managed witchunt. So a year and a half after someone shopped on ebay while on a town computer, there is going to be some sort of punishment? So much of this could have been avoided if the former bos had regrouped when this audit went off the rails. The open meeting violations alone should have made them reconsider. Hubris plus plus plus.

Additionally, Torres was the attorney for both Bliss cases if I heard Jane correctly. So what kind of half-a**ed work did he do on those cases? Another example of bad personnel decisions by the former bos. When will it all end?

#35 2010-10-20 10:35:05

Just a couple of brief points:

1. The chain of command and the amount of people that have handled the HD's will prove to be problematic if there are any type of disciplinary actions. In fact, it will most likely result in a lawsuit.

2. It is my understanding that only 80 of 300 computers were audited. If the 6 or 7 minutes of Executive session are to be believed and the scope defined (Standard Times Letter), this will also throw a giant monkey wrench into the works.

3. One of the interesting things that doesn't come up much is how computers are used in the town. If you do a bit of research, you will find mutliple users on the computers that were audited. If you are trying to pinpoint an employee, I suspect you might run into problems trying to do that.

I'm not sure what a lawyer was doing being involved in the final process??? It appears they are looking for some sort of report detailing usage. If that is the case, 7500 to a lawyer makes very little sense.

Management, leadership, and vision.....we need it badly.

#36 2010-10-20 11:26:51

I thought this little tidbit of information at the end of the Bagel Bitch's story was a bit disturbing:

(Don't try to erase it, Lackey, the evidence has already been preserved.)

Weiner Boy wrote:

Global Digital Forensics declined to pursue the audit report after the District Attorney's Office became involved.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the impression the public was under was that GDF completed the audit, and the attorney had to be hired to make a final report on whether there was anything in it that could be acted on?

So, now, at least according to the Cream Cheese Tribune (and the word of that shitrag plus 50 cents gets you a cup of coffee), we're being told that GDF never completed the audit report?

So here's the big question - if GDF never finished the job they were hired to do, then why do they get to keep approximately 50-60,000 (however much they were paid) to do a job they, according to the Rag, never finished?

#37 2010-10-20 12:39:16

Hamatron5000 wrote:

So here's the big question - if GDF never finished the job they were hired to do, then why do they get to keep approximately 50-60,000 (however much they were paid) to do a job they, according to the Rag, never finished?

Fear not, Ham. Along with the two candidates we pushed into office - who were themselves the subject of this audit - the BOS will hire an entirely new firm to root out extremists and the lunatic fringe.

Wake up, neighbor, we got royally fucked.

Total recall now.

#38 2010-10-20 13:08:52

Ham,

The fact that they APPROPRIATED $50-60,000 for Global does NOT mean that they paid out the 50-60K. the contract may have included a weasel clause for just such an event, i.e. the DA's involvement; but still allowing global to bill and get paid for partial completion.

So. Let's all review the contract.

WHAT! No one has seen such a document? Why, How can that be ?????

One of the major, ongoing problems is the near total lack of transparency in the Wareham town gummint. And, the use of an outside law firm (Torres), which subcontracted the forensic work, it appears; tells me that there is more opaqueness coming. The role & function of the lawyer will be to wall off info that the BoS does NOT want to be public, to minimize potential lawsuits, and to spin the data in such a way that the BoS comes out smellin' like a rose.

Open-ness? That's just a concept, right? something to discuss in Civics class. not the real deal in the real world.  get real  & get over it!

Or, you could work for change next April 5, 2011. Vote, yes. But money & TIME will be needed.

Note that Curly, as reported on this blog, is trying to pull a Lazarus. that's a clear signal, is it not? A small victory here, in a meaningless position, can lead to.......what? You do not want to find out, now do you?

#39 2010-10-20 13:56:30

Here's an interesting little tidbit from Wareham Week:

"Early this year, The Herald News in Fall River reported that Torres was eliminating his private legal practice to become that city's full-time legal counsel. He reportedly said he would complete pending cases for his private practice after work, on weekends, or by taking personal leave."

#40 2010-10-20 14:06:09

IM SURE FALL RIVER SHOULD BE GLAD TO HEAR TORRES IS FRANTICALLY TRYING TO PULL THIS AUDIT OUT OF HIS ASS. I GUESS FALL RIVER IS NOT GETTING HIS FULL TIME ATTENTION RIGHT NOW

#41 2010-10-20 17:35:00

Gee what a surprise.  This whole thing was a cluster f*ck to begin with.  The results of the audit are about as useless as the BOS are.  To begin with, it was claimed that all town computers were being copied.  Apparently not, as only 80 out of 300 were audited.  That's like making a bed even though the sheets are soiled.  The taxpayers of this town have been getting the run around about this witch hunt since the beginning.  It is beyond absurd at this point.

#42 2010-10-20 19:50:47

Again it was targeted at certain individuals. The hit list. If you weren't on the list your computer wasn't audited. Again the former and two current members of the bos using our tax dollars for their personal vendettas

#43 2010-10-20 22:32:00

A quote from Bruce S. "But one thing needs to be made clear: The audit was never intended to be an attack on town employees. It was intended to protect them from attack."   

Are we really supposed to believe this?  I mean really....he already stated that MAS thought that another town employee had made the racial slur.  The audit, as stated by Bruce, was started to find out which town employee made the statement.  The only person it was to "protect" from personal attack would have been the Town Clerk.  Otherwise it started as and still is a witch hunt.  For all of his cult like followers to believe any of this is just insane. 

BS also states that BB is stuck in the past.  Does BS realize that he just described himself?  Does he realize that is all he does?  He quotes, reminisces about his time as a member of the BOS.  He just literally described himself!!!

#44 2010-10-20 23:04:55

Yeah, I thought the same thing Bosoxx. He's also irrelevant (See April 6, 2010)..He's an opinion "contributor" to an opinion tabloid..read by hardly anyone. It sure ain't a "newspaper"..even when there's not alot of blogging going on at this site, they still write stories about it/us. How pathetic. Can you imagine ANY other paper basing most of their content on comments coming from a blog?

I'ld say "ignore 'em and they'll go away"..but we all know it won't be that easy. So, instead..come to Town Meeting..and the polls (bring your friends) and vote. Be forewarned...If your votes are based on sound judgement, you'll find these Bozo's are almost always opposed to your conclusions (can't help but recognize the pattern). Don't join 'em, beat them..

"Think outside the box"

P-SPAN
October 25, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-10-22 19:26:49)

#45 2010-10-20 23:29:55

Hey Assclown! I read that a group lead by the owner (or something) of Wareham's "Marian Heath Greeting Cards" is making a bid to "get" the Globe (and stuff)..maybe if that deal falls through (that seems likely) he'd settle for "grabbing the Rag"..(I know..HUGE letdown)..but he could write it off as a charitable donation (I know I'ld be ok with that)..Just a thought..maybe you should give him a shout.

Herald: Investor group will make offer for Globe

P-SPAN
October 25, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-10-20 23:33:23)

#46 2010-10-21 08:47:03

It would be very difficult to place a value on the rag...zero comes to mind. No equipment, no office, no presses, nothing. Only the name and reputation of the "paper". Again, value: nothing.

Last edited by danoconnell (2010-10-21 17:28:14)

#47 2010-10-22 09:00:37

How true Pspan-even when nothing is going on, the club/cult/group/bloggers/hypocrite elite, can find time to discuss this website.  The irony that he actually heard about the delay in the audit from this website speaks volumes to his journalistic credibility.  Also noted was the lack of  (proper) frustration and anger towards the delay from the "club"  again speaks volumes.  Any person with common sense would realize that all computers would needed to be copied.  To claim there is any transparency (by any member of the former BOS) is not only a joke but an insult.  Got something to hide Bruce, Brenda, Jane, Silva?????  Having your computers copied would have proven that you have nothing to hide, you have integrity, you have morals and most of all you have done nothing inappropriate or illegal.  I know, not an easy grasp for all of you...

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com