#1 2010-10-04 17:09:03

By: robertslager on 10/3/10
You'll get no argument from me, Mayflower. I've been in journalism for 25 years. The Standard-Times is the worst daily newspaper I have ever read. Unger should be ashamed of himself. All the Standard-Times does is pander to its advertising base. Unger doesn't care how much damage he does in Wareham by allowing the truth to be twisted in such a blatant fashion.

ILIAZ: Is pandering to advertisers worse then pandering to tin foil hatters to pay your bills?

#2 2010-10-04 17:27:00

From where I sit (and so what if it's a wheel chair), we are quite blessed to have Bobo and SH and MA.  They've got all the answers...just ask them; they'll tell ya. 
They get there direction from BE who is God's gift to Wareham.
Amen.

#3 2010-10-04 18:30:35

witchunter, they may have all the answers, but it's the questions. always the questions. What good are the answers if you cannot figure out the questions?  The day that they match one with the other, now THAT will be newsworthy.

1. "The Standard-times is the worst newspaper I have ever read." Ah! That explains a lot.

The typos, the mis-statements, the poor punctuation, the lack of reasoning. It becomes clear that he himself has never read the Rag! Otherwise, where is the basis for comparison? The Rag loses, hands down.

2. "All the Standard-Times does is pander to its advertising base."  Hmmmm.

Let's parse this one together, shall we?

Wasn't the S-T the FORMER paper of record for the Town of Wareham? answer: yes it was.

Didn't the Rag get that advertising when Sweet Brucie was in control? answer: yes it did.

So. If the Town's advertising has been in the Rag (Ugh), how can the S-T be "pandering" to its advertiser?

Isn't this just typical RagThink? or lack thereof...

3. "Unger doesn't care how much damage he does in Wareham by allowing the truth to be twisted in such a blatant fashion." You have got to be kidding!

Change one word. Just one. Slager for Unger. And, you have the fact of the matter as it currently exists in Wareham.

How he can look at himself in the mirror without retching is the true mystery.

#4 2010-10-04 18:36:46

Ohhhh, watch out, Standard Times!  The Weiner Boy who was sued twice for defamation has something to say about your journalism skills!

#5 2010-10-04 18:47:51

Let's see, STANDARD TIMES VS THE RAG

OFFICE

Standard Times - Has an office.  OK, it's in New Bedford, but it's also a big building, you know the kind that successful newspapers have.

Bobo - Had to close his office in Wareham.  Couldn't afford it due to stupidity.  Now does all his blogging from a Halifax toilet.

ST 1 - Rag Boy - 0

#6 2010-10-04 18:50:02

RENT

Standard Times -  They seem like an operation that pays all its bills to me.

Rag Boy - Has whined about being behind on printer payments in the past.  Left his landlord with a $5,000 rent bill.  Landlord tried to collect and Bobo accused the guy of being part of a library lobbyist conspiracy.

ST 2 - Rag Boy - 0

#7 2010-10-04 18:53:55

IMAGINARY COLUMNISTS

Standard Times - All Standard Times identify themselves and are not imaginary.

Rag Boy - Invented imaginary columnist Paul Shooter.  Proceeded to try his best for several months to try and convince Wareham that Paul Shooter was not fictional.  Led to the Summer of 09 being the most hilarious summer on record.

ST - 3 - Rag Boy - 0

#8 2010-10-04 19:02:15

I am Hamatron5000...

#9 2010-10-04 19:10:49

Bobo, looking to "upgrade'? Spacious Multi-level "office" may be hitting the market soon..Don't miss your chance to grab this beauty!!

http://wareham-ma.villagesoup.com/media/bd/0/0A/2592/t600-besseOuthouse.jpg

Outhouse makes political statement

TBW
P-SPAN

#10 2010-10-04 19:50:43

Hamatron5000 wrote:

IMAGINARY COLUMNISTS

ST - 3 - Rag Boy - 0

Standard-Times wins 8 awards for excellence 2/09
Standard-Times received several awards for its news coverage at the annual fall conference of the New England Associated Press News Executives Association Friday night.  9/09
Standard-Times wins 20 awards for its news coverage.  One of the awards was for covering Wareham's Secret Meetings 9/10

Weiner Boy has spaghetti dinner with family at the Elks Club in recognition of his ability to distort Wareham news.

ST - 4 - Ragboy - 0

#11 2010-10-04 19:56:25

Hey Real estate whiz!

Nice try, but it is out of his price range.

I just saw the perfect space on TV, and have been "snoopin' around. If you can convince the beagle to give up his roof rights, it would be just right for ragserver media et al. Scarf, leather helmet & googles not included.....

#12 2010-10-04 20:00:22

Good Grief..

TBW
P-SPAN

#13 2010-10-04 20:30:29

Community Service

For three quarters of a century, The Standard-Times and the Salvation Army have joined forces to make Christmas a happier time for the less fortunate in Greater New Bedford.

For his own selfish benefit,  weiner boy fabricates a fictious Cape Verdean couple who say " Never again..." Buffet Boy organizes a candle light vigil.  One person participates.

Standard - Times - 5 -
Rag - 0 -

#14 2010-10-04 20:51:34

ST vs Ragserver Multimedia

The Odd Couple.. A story of a man named Unger, who's a "neat freak"

http://www.tv-nostalgie.de/Felix%20Unger.jpg

...and his roommate...who's a slob.

A laugh a minute..

TBW
P-SPAN

#15 2010-10-04 23:12:23

P
lmao but this Unger would not live with slager. you always find the best matches.

Last edited by kinsailman (2010-10-04 23:18:58)

#16 2010-10-05 10:37:40

Ever notice how often the TTW writes articles complaining about the other local newspapers?? This is not the first time he has sounded off and most likely won't be the last. One has to wonder why he feels the need to constantly denigrate competitors.

Real journalists don't lower themselves to this type of whining. Real journalists spend their time reporting the news. Oh right, it's a tabloid, not a newspaper.

#17 2010-10-05 11:24:44

Nora Bicki wrote:

Real journalists don't lower themselves to this type of whining. Real journalists spend their time reporting the news. Oh right, it's a tabloid, not a newspaper.

The remaining newspapers are shadows of their former selves and their better reporters have fled the industry altogether. Most newspapers resembled Slager's before the 1890s, when wire services began to keep them more or less honest.

Reporters like Steve Urbon were always the rare exception.

Objective news no longer exists, if it ever did, and Slager doesn't care what you call him as long as he distracts you.

He's a a shill, a paid spokesmodel or my personal favorite, an asshole. Can we please finally move Bobo discussion elsewhere in the binary void? It's really tiresome and accomplishes nothing.

#18 2010-10-05 12:35:07

As you wish.

#19 2010-10-05 19:00:25

kinsailman wrote:

you always find the best matches.

http://www.mythic-beasts.com/~dct25/photos/cooks-matches.jpg
Thanks kin.. I try.

TBW
P-SPAN

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com