#1 2010-09-29 13:51:12

Yes, fellow bloggers, the BoS has take a deep personal interest in your time management, and has decided that TWO fall Town Meetings are better than one. How'd dey do dat?

Simple. You take all of the articles submitted by the (so-called) Charter Review Committee, and have a SEPARATE Town Meeting to deal with them. And, that would be on a SATURDAY.

To me, the Saturday TM idea is a good one. Several Towns do this; one that I know of, serves a box lunch during a midday break.

And it is true, 90+ articles is daunting, to say the least. But.....

Why do I smell a rat?

Here is an alternative, no box lunch required.

At the first CRC article, request a point of order from the Moderator. Ask that the article be dismissed, as it exceeds the authority granted to the CRC under the provisions of the Town Charter. Both in terms of timing, and procedure. Push this one hard. Request a ruling from Town Counsel (yes, I know what it will be).

If dismissal is granted, then request in a second point of order that ALL of the CRC articles be dismissed.

If denied, then raise the point of order on each and every article from the CRC. Why not? Some may fail on this point.

No doubt the Make Wareham Fail crowd is calling me a pain in the ass. Many have said that that is my best feature. but what do they know?

#2 2010-09-30 07:58:44

I think the Hypocrite Elite has a strategy that they're just going to keep ramming bullshit down our throats and sooner or later we'll give up and swallow.

Westfield has been brought up a hundred times and been rejected but they're bringing it up again, the city council form of government has been brought up before, they promised not to bring it up again but here they are bringing it up again.  They want to let their out of town friends be on commitees.  It'll be the TM that goes on forever - rejecting shit that's already been rejected.

Hope everyone turns out the vote and gets people to attend to reject this BS.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com