#1 2010-09-23 14:20:11

Inconsistency - Just two weeks ago the Board of Selectmen established new guidelines for residents who wish to serve on town boards and committees. Part of those requirements was a public interview of the applicant by the selectmen.
    On Tuesday the board appointed Cara Pillsbury to a seat on the Counsel on Aging Board of Directors without an interview and without even discussing her qualifications. All they said is that she couldn’t attend because her child was sick. Then they voted her in on the spot (Brenda Eckstrom abstained).
    Rules need to apply to everyone. Just because an applicant is friends with some members of the board doesn’t mean that person should get a free pass.
     We’re not saying Cara Pillsbury isn’t qualified for the position. We’re saying the public doesn’t have a clue if she is or not because she was allowed to bypass a system that was created specifically to eliminate this kind of thing from happening.

WELL ASSHOLE LETS LOOK AT A FEW THINGS. I BELIEVE IT WAS SAID THAT HER APPLICATION WAS PUT IN EARLY JULY, WAY BEFORE TWO WEEKS AGO WHEN THIS WAS A REQUIREMENT. THEY APPOINTED LIZ PEZZOLI TO THE LIBRARY TRUSTEES WITHOUT AN INTERVIEW, JUST A LETTER. IF AN APPLICATION CAME IN BEFORE TWO WEEKS AGO AND THEY DIDNT GRANT AN INTERVIEW THEN I WOULD SAY THEY WOULD BE DESERVING OF A JEER. AGAIN YOUR AN ASSHOLE. NEXT THE LAST TIME SHE WENT BEFORE THE BOARD A LAW SUIT AGAINST THE TOWN BECAUSE OF COMMENTS MADE BY BRENDA ECKSTROM. HER HUSBAND WHO WASNT EVEN PRESENT BEFORE THAT INCIDENT WAS CALLED A RACIST BY ANOTHER BOS MEMBER. I GUESS I WOULD FEEL WHY SHE WOULDNT GO EVEN IF HER CHILD WASNT SICK. AGAIN YOUR AN ASSHOLE.

#2 2010-09-23 16:05:06

Why get his facts straight now?  The system he speaks of was created after Cara put her application in.  He should have written the rules apply only to everyone but him and his Tin Foil Hat Club!  Please Slager, just bypass Wareham and move on...

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com