#1 2010-09-23 11:12:20

September 23, 2010 12:00 AM Months after election, Wareham still status quo

Well, it's nearly six months after the town elections, and Wareham seems to be at status quo or worse. As witnessed since the election:

1. The computer audit continues, as voted unanimously by the selectmen to add another $7,500 onto the approximate $60,000 spent. What do we have to show for it a year and a half later? A big fat nothing.

2. The morale of town employees continues to deteriorate. We've lost additional valued town managers in the harbormaster's and Community Economic Development Authority departments. Instead of supporting seasoned employees, our leaders have again interfered with the day to day. Nice job, selectmen.

3. I do not believe the town should hire interim Police Chief Richard Stanley. Before getting authorization from Town Meeting, he and the town administrator ordered and committed the town to eight new police cruisers and a new SUV police vehicle. That is arrogant at best.

4. The selectmen voted to continue the Westfield saga by appointing a Westfield Committee, and that committee was getting advice from Richard Heaton. Why don't the selectmen act on the will of the voter and finally retire Westfield at Town Meeting?

5. The selectmen talk for hours on bike path direction and a bylaw article for loud music. These discussions should be done at workshop sessions. At the workshop sessions they talk for almost two hours on how many people belong on committees but don't mention our Town Administrator Mark Andrews hiring someone from Lawrence as building commissioner. According to The Wareham Observer, he decided to pay him $75,000 even though the job was advertised at 50 percent less. I wonder how many applicants we would have attracted if the advertisement offered $75,000.

6. When is the Town Administrator going to reveal to the public what he has implemented to straighten out what the Department of Revenue has reported as mismanagement in recent years?

No, Selectmen Jane Donahue and Brenda Eckstrom are worried about trivial things. Selectmen Stephen Holmes and Cara Ann Winslow should wake up. They are definitely being played. They need to do their homework!

Frank De Felice

Wareham

#2 2010-09-23 11:13:33

YOU COULDNT BE MORE RIGHT FRANK.

Last edited by IHATESLAGER (2010-09-23 12:01:59)

#3 2010-09-24 07:59:56

I hope Frank will run for selectman next year.  He doesn't mince words and he tells it like it is when it comes to the Hypocrite Elite.

Frank for Selectman 2011.

#4 2010-09-24 09:58:45

I am Hamatron5000.

#6 2010-09-26 07:37:10

I HOPE MR DEFILCE WILL THROW HIS HAT INTO NEXT YEARS ELECTION, FRANK THIS IS THE TIME FOR YOU AND WAREHAM TO GET TOGETHER, WE NEED YOU FRANK.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com