#1 2010-09-12 17:14:36

wins 20 awards for its news coverage.  One of the awards was for covering Wareham's Secret Meetings.  BoBo where are all your awards..oh that's right...Jane had a dinner for you and your family last year for your excellence in distorting Wareham's news.

#2 2010-09-12 18:26:43

Mixie wrote:

wins 20 awards for its news coverage.  One of the awards was for covering Wareham's Secret Meetings.  BoBo where are all your awards..oh that's right...Jane had a dinner for you and your family last year for your excellence in distorting Wareham's news.

Why yes, you mean this year's winner of the coveted...

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/plasticforkaward.png

Standard-Times honored for its news coverage
September 12, 2010 12:00 AM

CHELMSFORD ù The Standard-Times has won some two dozen awards in the 2010 Public Service, Writing, Photo, Design and Web Contest sponsored by The New England Associated Press News Executives Association (NEAPNEA).

Bob Unger, editor of The Standard-Times, said; "The men and women who report and edit the news, write the headlines, take the photographs and design the pages and the website that our readers see every day do what they do for all the right reasons. They care about where they live and work, they care about their friends and neighbors, and they do hard jobs extremely well. I am so proud of what they accomplish every day, and I know our readers are proud that their local newspaper is among the very best in New England."

The awards were presented Friday night at NEAPNEA's annual fall conference at The Radisson Hotel and Suites here. A list of winners follows:

RIGHT TO KNOW

Winner: The Standard-Times; Steve DeCosta, Jennette Barnes, Robert Unger, Jason Eckhardt, Steve Urbon; "Wareham cited for secret sessions," "Conscious disregard"

[...]

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION

Third Place: The Standard-Times; Nelson Borges, Jonathan Darling; "Entering Wareham"

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#3 2010-09-12 19:08:26

Congratulations Standard Times, your exposure of the Hypocrite Elite's despicable actions, secret meetings and open meeting law violations earned you a New England Press Award.  Bobo the Dumbass could have earned an award too, but he chose to pucker up and kiss Sweet Brucey's award instead. 

Even the New England Press Association could see that the Hypocrite Elite offered poor leadership and the Standard Times' exposure was worthy of awards.

Sorry Bobo, they don't offer an award for kissing Sweet Brucey's ass.  Too bad, if they did you'd be a champion.

#4 2010-09-13 09:08:02

Weiner Boy wrote:

By: robertslager on 9/12/10
I wanted to get something off my chest. It's regarding the Standard-Times winning a couple of The New England Associated Press News Executives Association awards and the Observer winning none. There is a simple reason for that. We're not a member of that organization. In order to be eligible for such an award you have to pay yearly dues. This is a very small journalism organization among several in New England (The New England Press Association being the biggest). Only about 70 newspapers among nearly a thousand in New England belong to The New England Associated Press News Executives Association. That group also breaks down awards by circulation. The Standard-Times was one of about 20 papers competing for around 150 awards within their ciculation group. Just wanted to put this in perspective.

Thanks for getting that spin off your chest, Bobo, but do you really think it matters that you can't afford to pay your press association dues because of your inability to run a business?

The Standard Times exposed the horrendous actions of the former dictatorship, the NE Press Association recognized that as good and truthful reporting and awarded the Standard Times for it.  You, on the other hand, took the position that the former dictatorship could do no wrong and planted your lips squarely on Sweet Brucey's butt.

The only award you'll ever win is for Brucey Buttsmooching.

#5 2010-09-13 10:14:15

Do you suppose that the following examples of the BoBo version of English, i.e. BoBonglish, might have something to do with his dearth of awards?

1. from Ham's quote above: " within their CICULATION group." Gee, BoBo, we know that your circulation is declining to the point where a calculator will not be required; but does that mean that the word itself must shrink as well?

2. the infamous "REMANENCE of Hurricane Earl..."  Quickly changed, of course, by a notareader of this blog.

Poor BoBo! No NE Press Association award. No Pulitzer prize. But BoBo, chins up! You are still in strong contention for the coveted Bullshitzer Badge. The word is that the review committee has so much of your material to consider that it has tied them up for the whole year. So please, be patient.

#6 2010-09-13 14:19:24

HOW DARE DOES THE STANDARD TIMES PAY ITS YEARLY DUES!!!!

BOBO GET A REAL JOB AND STOP BEING AN EMBARASSMENT TO YOUR FAMILY

#7 2010-09-13 16:36:54

Here's what I've found from "a reliable source":

There were far fewer awards than he claims. NBST won 24 across all categories, many of them in photo and web/multimedia and page design. That was 24% of the total for the entire contest.

He fantasizes that he's in the same league as the NBST and that if he could only afford the dues, he'd have walked off with many awards. The fact is that  the NEAPNEA is for dailies only:Associated Press members all. It takes much more than the ability to pay dues to be a member of The Associated Press.

It's another Bobo mini- classic:  a mix of lies, distortions, and omissions.

#8 2010-09-13 18:15:39

the next time Bobo comes across Steve DeCosta I hope he takes a good look..then I hope he looks in the mirror..when he looks at Steve he'll see a journalist..when he looks in the mirror he'll see , well, Bobo!!..

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com