#1 2010-09-02 17:12:53

Town Of Wareham

Public Safety Message

Thursday, 09/02/10 4:00 P.m

A Hurricane Warning Is In Effect.

We Advise All Citizens To Expedite All Precautions To Safeguard Your Families And Property.

Residents In Low Lying / Flood Prone Areas, Should Finalize Plans For Evacuation.

Residents Needing Emergency Sheltering Should Go To Wareham Multi-service Center, 48 Marion Road.

No Pets Will Be Accomodated, Please Relocate Your Pets Today.

For Emergencies Call 9-1-1

For Emergency Information Call The Wareham Hurricane Hotline: 508-291-3100 After 12:00 Pm On Friday 9/3/10.

#2 2010-09-02 17:21:23

Hunker down everyone...I am praying for you all!!

#3 2010-09-02 19:58:07

For any of you out there that may need to go to the Multi Service Center for shelter and need accomodations for your canine or feline friends, I've got space available.

Last edited by bbrady (2010-09-02 21:14:42)

#4 2010-09-02 20:11:06

Thanks Bob B, while I doubt we will be evacuating we do live in one of the areas the town has designated as prone to flooding. I can't stand the thought of leaving my cat behind to fend for herself!

#5 2010-09-03 14:49:27

Town of Wareham

PUBLIC SAFETY MESSAGE

FRIDAY, 9/3/10  11:30 A.M.

A HURRICANE WARNING IS STILL IN EFFECT.

WE EXPECT WIND & TREE DAMAGE, POWER OUTAGES AS WELL AS POSSIBLE FLASH FLOODING.

WE ADVISE ALL CITIZENS TO FINALIZE ALL PRECAUTIONS TO SAFEGUARD YOUR FAMILIES AND PROPERTY.

RESIDENTS IN LOW LYING / FLOOD PRONE AREAS, SHOULD FINALIZE PLANS FOR EVACUATION AS NEEDED.

RESIDENTS NEEDING EMERGENCY SHELTERING SHOULD GO TO WAREHAM MULTI-SERVICE CENTER, 48 MARION ROAD.

NO PETS WILL BE ACCOMODATED, PLEASE RELOCATE YOUR PETS TODAY.

FOR EMERGENCIES CALL 9-1-1

FOR EMERGENCY INFORMATION CALL THE WAREHAM
HURRICANE HOTLINE:  508-291-3100

#6 2010-09-03 18:43:04

HERE YE, HERE YE, BE FORWARNED:

A FAT GASEOUS WINDBAG WILL DESCEND UPON WAREHAM TONIGHT, BLOWING LARGE AMOUNTS OF HOT AIR AND STIRRING UP TROUBLE WHEREVER IT GOES.

WHAT?

NO, I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT BOBO.  I'M TALKING ABOUT HURRICANE EARL, THE OTHER FAT GASEOUS WINDBAG THAT DESCENDS ON WAREHAM BLOWING LARGE AMOUNTS OF HOT AIR AND STIRRING UP TROUBLE WHEREVER IT GOES.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-09-03 19:14:55)

#7 2010-09-03 18:56:29

the problem is we need more damage control from BoBo than Earl. both large wind bags. except Earl is only staying a short time he knows he does not live or vote in Wareham unlike BoBo. a very large protest needs to be run in town directed at the TA and BOS compalaining about his one sided reporting and there support of him . They need to know that that is one and only one of there major problems for reelection. I is going to be hard to get the TA to back down as he is the bigest ham for the Meida I have ever met. has nothing to do with his job just likes hearing himself talk and looking at himself. I am sure he is out in this storm in his suit and tie.

#8 2010-09-03 22:20:44

THIS IS THE HAM OF PEACE AT HAM STORM TRACKER CENTER WITH A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.

EARL IS A PUSSY...REPEAT, EARL IS A PUSSY.  EARL HAS BEEN DOWNGRADED BY THE HAM STORM TRACKER CENTER TO PUSSY STATUS.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE HAM STORM REPORTS - WHICH WILL BE TYPED IN ALL CAPS TO MAKE THEM SEEM VERY IMPORTANT.

#9 2010-09-04 00:11:16

GREAT REPORT FROM THE SCENE, HAM...YOU ARE A TRUE REPORTER...

#10 2010-09-04 08:44:51

THIS IS THE HAM OF PEACE FROM THE HAM STORM TRACKER CENTER WITH A PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE.

REPORT ON LAST NIGHT'S "HURRICANE" - BETWEEN 1 AND 3 DROPS OF RAIN, YOUR AZAELEAS MAY HAVE GOTTEN A LITTLE OVERWATERED, BUT NOTHING ELSE.  EARL IS THE WUSSIEST HURRICANE IN THE HISTORY OF HURRICANES.  METEOROLOGISTS SPENT THE LAST 48 HOURS SCARING US SHITLESS FOR NOTHING.

TA LEFT WITHOUT ANY FOOTAGE OF HIMSELF RESCUING OLD LADIES FROM HURRICANE WINDS IN THE POLICE SUV.  MAY ACTUALLY HAVE TO DO WORK INSTEAD OF SMILING FOR THE CAMERAS.

TOWN EMPLOYEES WHO HAD TO WORK SINCE 6 AM YESTERDAY EXHAUSTED AS SHIT.  SMARTER MOVE WOULD HAVE BEEN TO TELL THEM TO STAY IN TOWN AND BE ON CALL AS NEEDED, BUT WE DO EVERYTHING THE LAWRENCE WAY NOW.

THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE FROM THE HAM STORM TRACKER CENTER, TYPED IN ALL CAPS TO MAKE IT LOOK MORE IMPORTANT.

REMEMBER - WATCH OUT FOR EARL, YOUR DAISIES MAY GET DAMP.

#11 2010-09-04 09:21:28

I'm still wondering why town hall, library etc. shut down at noon yesterday. Even yesterday's 7 am news shows and their meteorologists said we wouldn't get rain until a 4 to 8 pm window.

Who is making these decisions? I believe in precautions, but really.

I don't have kids. Did they close the schools at noon also??

#12 2010-09-04 09:40:50

School closure was announced on Thursday, ORR as well..

#13 2010-09-04 11:43:18

Ham.... aren’t you surprised Bobo hasn’t started an article titled the great Hurricane Earl conspiracy. Something like all the hardware and grocery stores had their lobbyist pay off the meteorologists so they would scare everyone into buying hurricane supplies and extra food. I’m sure Bobo is working on the story as we speak.

#14 2010-09-04 15:07:07

You can attempt to read about the overnight weather event in the Rag, but you have to leave your understanding of standard English aside.

otherwise, you can wrestle with the meaning of the " remanence" of Hurricane Earl. Perhaps a nautical term? More likely it's a notaterm.

Some markets get Rhodes scholars writing for them. wareham has it's very own Road kill scholar. How lucky can one town get?

#15 2010-09-04 15:29:06

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE FROM THE HAM STORM TRACKER CENTER

REALIZING THAT EARL TALKED A BIG GAME BUT NEVER DELIVERED, IT WAS ALL BLUSTER AND NO SUBSTANCE, METEOROLOGISTS HAVE DECIDED TO CHANGE THE HURRICANE'S NAME FROM "HURRICANE EARL" TO "HURRICANE BOBO."

#16 2010-09-04 16:04:09

Ham:

I heard that as Earl weakened, the bobo was asked to  huff,  and puff,  and attempt to blow into  a spirometer. The results were so feeble, that the Weather people were driven to create a new category: the buzzards Bay Depression. This has nothing to do with wind speed, or inches of mercury; it strictly relates to the state of mind of the coastal residents after reading any of the tripe in the Rag.

Word is that the Weather channel is incorporating this new classification as we speak.

#17 2010-09-04 17:25:09

Not to worry,

the notareader of this web site has corrected, in fact, changed the notawords regarding the weakening of Hurricane earl on his web site.

Since he never, ever, at any time reads this website, the impetus for change must have been via ESP. or, perhaps ESPN.

BoBo, for your file: the word is REMNANT. Hell, it is only two syllables; even the likes of you ought to be able to handle that.

#18 2010-09-04 17:59:44

Nota, I think I have been finally diagnosed thanks to you!!!

I am clearly suffering from Buzzards Bay Depression.  Can you suggest a cure?

Since ignoring the tripe and its tacky tripe writer hasn't worked, perhaps it is time for an all out frontal attack on the bully of Wareham. You know what they say about bullies.....they are really cowards, who when the tables are turned, they turn and run.

Could this be the answer to ridding the Bay area of this all-seasonal depression??

#19 2010-09-04 20:45:22

notalawyer wrote:

...you can wrestle with the meaning of the " remanence" of Hurricane Earl. Perhaps a nautical term? More likely it's a notaterm.

Ba-hahaha "I ohmost had a "remanance", but den I fugot again, sah"
Dope..Bobo-isms..(and he gives Cara crap for what??)

Here's one of his headlines that's been up a few days..let's see if you can see "what's wrong with this picture"..

Assclown wrote:

UPDATED WITH JANE DONAHUE COMMENTS AT 10 P.M. ON WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 2

...and how fast someone (who doesn't read this blog) makes corrections..only after someone on here points out his mistakes..(think of all the ones we miss..like in his life I mean..geez..poor, sad Assclown..)

http://www.wetheundereducated.com/images/snark/sadclown.jpg

TBW
P-SPAN

#20 2010-09-05 13:41:09

The headline is still up even though P-Span pointed out the error at quarter to 9 last night. What could that mean? Is the TTW not checking this site every two minutes anymore?? (perhaps he hasn't figured out what is wrong with the headline yet!!).

Perhaps it was because he was so busy working at his fall back career---poet laureate of Wareham.

#21 2010-09-05 14:07:45

Unprofessional as it is to use your paper to write poetry to a friend, I think the more suprising thing here is the idea that Bobo has a friend.

#22 2010-09-05 14:12:22

Maybe its another dream..he doesn't really have a friend and he read the poem somewhere..

#23 2010-09-05 14:19:09

Maybe this person is "going through a very hard time right now" because Bobo is her friend.  I know I'd be depressed if Bobo were my friend.

#24 2010-09-05 14:27:41

Being his friend would be bad enough, imagine being married to him?

#25 2010-09-05 19:38:36

Why did he have to put a photo of his hideous face next to the poem?  I thought he was trying to cheer someone up, not make them barf...

#26 2010-09-06 07:03:58

By: robertslager on 9/5/10
It should have be named Hurricane Nora. A lot of hype and hot air but ultimately meaningless.

Ouch!! My feelings are hurt!!! Boo hoo. I think I'll write a poem like I did in second grade to make me feel better!!!!

P-Span, the incorrect headline is still there. Definition of meaningless--the local tabloid!!

#27 2010-09-06 09:26:58

SLAGER HURRICANE NORA, GIVE ME A BREAK ,SHE IS A GOOD PERSON ,YOU ON THE OTHER HAND ARE FAT ,BALDING ,PIMPLE FACED , GREASEY HAIRED, DIBECTIC  FAT LITTLE PRICK WHO IS GOING NOWHERE IN LIFE.

#28 2010-09-06 09:31:49

By: robertslager on 9/5/10
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but apparently the hate bloggers are mocking my friend's cancer now. How sweet of them. I see to remember a couple of bloggers going crazy when somebody went on their web site and made a comment about Mary Jane Pillsbury. It's sick to make fun of anyone with a serious disease.

Hey TTW---we're not mocking your friend's cancer----we are mocking your pathetic attempt at poetry!!!!!!!!!  Get a grip.

#29 2010-09-06 12:48:27

Now Nora, go easy on him.

Remember, where there originally was a full complement of gray matter complete with neurons, dendrils, synapses and the like; there remains only a "remanence" of these anatomical features, very few of which can be said to be functional. Very sad.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com