#1 2010-09-02 16:40:12

I notice that the last time Anchor Liquors advertised in the tacky tabloid was Aug. 5.  I also notice that Anchor Liquors is now advertising in Wareham Week. A nice big ad. Let's see, circulation of 7500 vs. circulation of a few die hards.  (By the way, I got my tabloids for free at the many freebie locations. (Better to have hard copies if needed in the future if you get my drift.  Free or 75 cents. Great business model!!!)

So, if you haven't purchased your Labor Day libations yet, might I suggest you stop by Anchor Liquors at 2360 Cranberry Highway, West Wareham and stock up. And mention that you saw the ad in Wareham Week!!!! And that you are glad you no longer see the ad in the Wareham Observer. 

I was thinking about the TT (Tacky Tabloid) recently. Yes, he's got a whole "just the fact [sic] m'am"  about me and he doesn't even get MY opinions right, but I'm used to his spinning and twisting. It doesn't bother me that he takes great pleasure in trying to embarrass me. I mean really, the few people who still believe him are not the people I socialize with if you know what I mean.

And after all, a blog is an OPINION site. We get to speak our minds here. We don't need a hall monitor to "correct" or "comment" on everything we say. That's what blogs are!!!

But here is my thought---imagine you just moved to Wareham. You stop at Shaw's (still carries but never sells the whole pile of TTs) to see what the local papers are. You pick up WW and see news, social pieces, plenty of advertisements for major businesses etc. Then you pick up the TT and what do you see??? Most of the articles are trying to refute some group called Take Back Wareham. Jeers about someone named Hamatron!!  (Who the heck is that??) Constant reference to hatebloggers. Who are they?? Negative comments about most of the people on this blog, but would a new person to town know or care???  Clearly the main writer (TTW) sounds like an angry person with some sort of obsession. And wow does he talk about himself a lot!!! What's that all about??? And really, do I care that the guy has diabetes or has been trying to save Wareham for five years???

Which newspaper do you think the person will pick up every week??? 

See this is a blog, and these are my thoughts and opinions. There are millions of blogs in this country. You don't like what is said on a particular blog? Get over it. The majority of people in Wareham have never heard of this site and could care less.  Wouldn't it be nice to be left alone so we can blog to our hearts content??

While you're blogging you might consider sipping a Sam Adams summer ale that you purchased at AL. The summer is over and you won't get another chance until 2011.  Enjoy folks. Have a great Labor Day!!!

#2 2010-09-02 16:47:11

I love Nora Bicki.
Everything she said is so true....the only exception is that there are more and more people hearing about and reading this site every time the troll writes about one of us or TBW or whatever.
It would be funny if it wasn't so...oh...you know.

Save Wareham.

#3 2010-09-02 17:21:54

Way to go Nora!

I've just returned from a long walk with Sereia, my four legged "girl friend", and while we sauntered through the woods I did a mental re-run of the events of the day. It occurred to me that I was perhaps  too harsh in  my post here by implying that support money from a developer was the ONLY way the Observer could have gone from the edge of Chapter 11 to becoming a "freebie" overnight.  That was really unfair of me, because I've thought of another possibility: He might have wonThe Lottery! Why didn't I think of that ! ? I owe him an apology for not considering that possibility, and if he will just send me the winning number and date plus the amount of his winnings (after taxes) , I will buy a full page ad in The Standard Times for a full apology. Also, if any one reading this can think of yet another way to explain how The Observer went from the brink of extinction to overabundance overnight, please e-mail me.  He's not nice to me, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be nice to him, and if a winning lottery ticket is what bailed him out I want the world to know, and then that little black cloud can go away....

Last edited by Dick Wheeler (2010-09-02 18:56:08)

#4 2010-09-02 17:23:59

I love Dick Wheeler.

#5 2010-09-02 17:56:29

Nicely done, Nora & dick, as always. Just like the formation of the sand at the tidal interface, just like its accretion to form a beach; so is the erosion of the influence of the blather of the halifax harlot. Peck away, peck away, peck away....

this, too, shall pass.

#6 2010-09-02 18:05:46

I love Stewie!

#7 2010-09-02 18:30:23

anchor liquors was one of rags biggest and last advertisers ,good for them  ,i can now go into anchor liquors , this idiot is going down ,but how can he print papers with no advertisers , most of them in his paper  are not paying ,and he runs them for show, who is giving him money to print his paper could it be the ladies from maple springs rd , could it be jane donahue , slager show us your tax returns,.

#8 2010-09-02 19:11:58

Just for your information, this last post is from the REAL ihateliz....his other persona is our favorite...he is so reticent!

#9 2010-09-02 20:17:04

Full disclosure--"technically" I was right in my post above. But in order to be really honest and not manipulate the truth (ha ha) I just learned that Anchor Liquors was sold. It's the new owner that seems to realize if you want your advertisement to reach the greatest number of people, you advertise in a real newspaper!!!!

I'm wondering, AND THIS IS JUST MY OPINION, did the last owner have to sell because business was so slow?? Not that people would refuse to patronize a business that advertised in the local tabloid!!! Must have been the economy. 

I'm thinking maybe the new owner will be doing a brisk business in the near future!!!

Batten down the hatches folks. Looks like Earl is going to go as ballistic on us bloggers as a certain TTW when his feelings get hurt by someone on this site!!!

#10 2010-09-02 21:52:32

Hooray! for Anchor Liquors....but entertain the possibility that The Observer has outgrown the need for advertisers because of guaranteed support from a single source...."guaranteed"... as long as the publication in question pushes the interests of that supporting entity. 

I  have to add that I just HATE myself for having these wicked thoughts, and that I am SO looking forward to  learning that Bobo won The Lottery, which so far is the only other plausible explanation for the remarkable overnight change in his business circumstances last December.

Don't be so self-effacing Bobo! You could have spent your Lottery winnings (If,in fact, that happened) on chocolate coated bagels, but instead, you selflessly invested your windfall in a  journal that delivers the TRUTH to twelve loyal followers each week!   Oh! ..... How jealous I am of the Dutiful Dozen who get to sit at your feet each Sunday as you fill their empty heads with The TRUTH.

I'm waiting with bated (baited?) breath for proof of your lottery windfall
so that we can kill that nasty rumor about you shifting from being a wanna-be journalist to a wanna-be lobbyist.

The winds may blow hard in Wareham, but Wareham's Blowhard lives in Halifax.

Now, in the tradition of Fairhaven's Joshua Slocum, I'm going to double reef  and go below to ride out the storm with a good mystery novel.

Last edited by Dick Wheeler (2010-09-03 00:11:35)

#11 2010-09-03 06:30:37

WHERE DOES SLAGERS MONEY COME FROM TO PRINT THE RAGS, IS IT BRENDA OR BRUCIE , NO THERE STUPID AND HAVE NO MONEY , CRNIN THE DIRT THIEF NO HE ALONG WITH BRUCE AND BRENDA WENT BANKRUPT, THE LADIES OF MAPLE SPRINGS RD IS A GOOD POSIBILITY, JANE IS A GOOD POSSIBILITY, AND MAYBE THE MWF PACK KEEPS THE RAG ALIVE AS THERE SPOKESMAN , HE IS NOT MAKEING A LIVING OR PAYING HIS BILLS ON FAKE ADVERTISING , I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT FRANKLIN FLAGS AND THE BARBOUR SHOP CACELLED THERE ADDS ALONG TIME AGO, WHO IS HIS BEIFACTOR AND I BET HE IS NOT DECLARING THESE GIFTS ON HIS TAXES.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com