#1 2010-08-29 12:40:54

You’re not going to believe this one folks. Marcia in her infinite wisdom and to show how much empathy she has for the poor, has decided that it would be a good idea if the COA charged people for using the copy machine.

One person I talked to said that she is charging for copies that the COA has to keep for their records. When someone comes into the COA and applies for food stamps, or is given a food card, or is given food from the pantry (if they have any) they are asked for identification. The staff person then makes a copy of the id. I was told the staff was in shock when she told them to start charging people and when they asked her why she said they charge for copies at the town hall.

As I said one person told me she was charging for copies kept by the COA the other said she wasn’t sure if it was for the COA copies or if indeed it was a copy of the information that was then given to the person applying for help. Either way it still sucks, is the COA that hard up for money? She’s charging 10 cents a copy. People will be lined up soon to apply for fuel assistance. We all know that according to Bubo you can make millions and millions of dollars from a copy machine. Maybe she will use the money to hire some grant writers.

Speaking of grants P-Span I know you’re busy but I would love it if you got a copy of the “Wellness Grant” that Ceda wrote for the COA. If you get a copy of the grant could you please post it on this site? I heard there is a lot of interesting information in that grant, more money for the COA and SPECIFICALLY how that money should be spent. Thanks in advance P-Span.

Last edited by marny (2010-08-29 12:42:29)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com