#1 2010-08-23 07:36:32

By: robertslager on 8/22/10
OK. I just want to get this out of my system. Around 20 years ago Dick Wheeler did a really great thing. His willingness to raise awareness for the plight of the great auk by paddling 1,500 was a noble gesture. I'm sure I'll get slammed for saying this, but I am tired of reading about it now. He now has a wing in the Buzzards Bay Center. Great because his wife donated $500,000 to basically build him a shine there. Enough already.

By: jojan2 on 8/22/10
It's sad that his family has to pay to have him recognized. And so much. But seriously how dangerous was his paddling adventure??? Did he do again recently or is that bringing up the past AGAIN?

By: robertslager on 8/22/10
It was 20 years ago, jojan. I realize they can do whatever they want with their money, but my goodness, I can only imagine what the Onset Youth Center or the Boys & Girls Club could have done with that kind of money. Again, Wheeler deserves his respect for what he did. But it seems to me he's milking it for all that its worth for ego now. Just my opinion.

By: LenSkynyrd on 8/22/10
a half million? those rich folk are way out of my league.....imagine all the votes they could buy with money like that....oops, they already have

BOBO I SEE A PATTERN OF JEALOUSLY AND HATRED TOWARDS THOSE WHO HAVE MONEY AND ARE GIVING. I AGREE THAT YOU ARE TRULY THE MOST VILE PERSON. PEOPLE LIKE THIS HAVE GIVEN MORE TO COMMUNITIES THAN YOU COULD EVER DREAM OF. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE IN YOUR LIFE? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT DESTRUCTION. YOUR A PATHETIC LOSER

#2 2010-08-23 09:03:54

I guess he would never think to report on an old story.

Oh wait, he does that every week...he's still talking about his headless dolls, AGAIN!

Last edited by townie (2010-08-23 15:33:58)

#3 2010-08-23 09:06:05

Compare Dick Wheeler with the troll...it's like comparing ice cream (Dick's favorite) when describing him versus a pile of cat crap (the troll)...easily understood..

Those who criticize philanthropy are usually jealous because they are not successful and have no way to be a philanthropist....losers....

By the way, Dick and Sandy Wheeler worked hard and made their money...it wasn't given to them..they don't have to beg for money like the mooch looking for a few bucks to keep his rag going..

Dick and Sandy's names will last forever in Wareham for what they have given to the Town and the dedication they have shown for the future of Wareham...the troll will be long forgotten very quickly once he leaves Town... figuratively of course, because he has no connection to Wareham except his embarrassment of a yellow rag and ridiculous web site crowded with malcontents and losers...

#4 2010-08-23 09:29:59

I knew the fat jealous pantload wouldn't be able to go on much longer without saying something nasty about it.

Bobo, your wife bought your way into an old Cat Lady's newspaper when no other paper would have you...are you really qualified to comment on this?

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-08-23 09:48:23)

#5 2010-08-23 11:33:29

I forgot to mention: Dick Wheeler was over the age of 60 when he made that amazing kayak trip.
I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago, and he had just paddled a couple of hundred miles in the past two days...he is over 80!
Those who criticize him couldn't walk a mile without passing out...
He is a hero... plain and simple.

#6 2010-08-23 12:15:35

Bobo couldn't paddle his way across a puddle and for the record lest the tin hats forget, Dick Wheeler paddled 1,000 miles to raise money for the Friends of the WFL. Remember that, Jane told the public to write their checks to the TOWN. At just about 80 years old the man was paddling late fall in cold waters and JANE told people not to give to his cause.
In the end he raised more then $60,000.00 for the library, some of which was used to pay salaries which ultimately allowed us to be certified.
To "Jojan", yeah, it is a little dangerous to paddle a fucking kayak in the open ocean, but only a little. What an ass.
Bobo can't paddle his way across a puddle and he doesn't have $5.00 to make a donation so he picks on people who worked (you know JOBS) their whole lives, made a decent living for themselves and now want to GIVE. One more thing before I toss my cookies this vile piece of shit makes me so ill, go to any large institution and you will find wings or buildings named after people (usually because the family made a large donation) perfect example is Tobey Hospital. The maternity unit there is called "Makepeace", any guesses why Bobo? Oh right, that is bad too because they have a lot of money and you don't.
And this assclown wonders why I say he is the most vile being on earth.

#7 2010-08-23 15:46:23

Ilive....ironically you mentioned Tobey Hospital.
Why?
Same reason...but the assclown won't understand.

#8 2010-08-23 16:26:51

Right Dan, I forgot, he hates Southcoast too!

#9 2010-08-23 17:53:29

Let's see:
Spinney Library
Decas School
The Town of Bourne
Anyone else?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com