#1 2010-08-22 19:52:39

I just gotta share this with you all so that you are completely aware of what one of our most recently elected officials is spewing about in our community.

It's been suggested that I've "blown it for myself" because I've questioned some of Mark Andrews' decision making acts like park and shuttle, police cruiser procurement, suspension of the CEDA director by the TA because he gave him the "Authority", Task Forces for just about EVERYTHING he does, etc...not to mention our marvelous financial situation, as he "moves Wareham forward".  I could go on but to the point...SOOOO because I've questioned some of these brilliant management decisions, I've lost the opportunity to acquire a "seat at the table" with OUR leaders and management.  What this newly elected official forgets is who provided the effort needed to get him a "seat at the table".  He seems to forget that 2000 voters got him that seat and now to hell with ALL of us because he's got ALL the answers.  He's proven each week that he doesn't read the laws that govern us but votes each week without knowing what he's doing. 

So to all of you who helped him get that seat,  be VERY, VERY careful or he'll pull that seat out from under you too beacause he's in control.  In fact it's been heard around town that he's "got EVERYTHING under control".

We couldn't be more Blessed.
Amen !

PS.  That's one table I'd prefer not to sit at but thanks for thinking of me (: )

#2 2010-08-22 20:51:22

I'm not sure I understand completely what you are talking about but I certainly appreciate all you have done for Wareham.  Your questions, criticisms, and observations are extremely valuable.  Sometimes I think people misunderstand you simply because you are so far ahead of the rest of us.  Keep up the good work.  You have more supporters than you know.

#3 2010-08-22 21:33:25

Mr. Onset, 
I appreciate your support but I'm more interested in accountability and actions that speak volumes over lip service, which we've all had just about enough of for nearly a year now.
If I shared half of what I know from the many sources of information of all that is wrong with our government right now, I would have to post for nearly a full day straight.
From John McAuliff to Bob Bliss to Tom Joyce to Don Bliss to the Library to Marcia Griswald to "Biz" to "acting" Chief Stanley to the Inspections Dept. to Ceda to Sewer treatment and construction to Swift's Beach to Tremont Nail...you get the point.  All of these issue are costing us more and more tax revenue when the DOR has been telling us for more than a year now that we're doing things wrong.
But rest assured...we've got the Lawrence connection to "Task Force" our way
out of all of this.  The question remains...at what cost ?  Our legal services continue to escalate at sub par expertise.  We've received poor legal representation across the board, which is why we continue to loose services to the cost of litigation.
Don't get me wrong.  Everything feels warm and fuzzy with all the extra patrols for the summer but we still only have 7 or 8 maintenance workers for beach maintenance, cemetary maintenance, 200 miles + or - of roads to maintain, school and town properties to manage, etc. 
We have a town accontant who can't do her job because she's not minimumly qualified, which is costing us tens of thousands more for auditing and transfers for the assistance needed to do the job.  We have a new TA who is suspending employees for days at a time because he doesn't like their "tone".  We're dealing with personalities representative of high school adolescence and paying these "kids" tens of thousands of dollars too.
Personally, I'm fed up.  Wareham deserves better and we should ALL insist on accountability or we should replace ALL the weak links and insist on qualified professionals not politicians.

#4 2010-08-23 07:19:03

WHY NOT DISCUSS THE DOR REPORT  AT SELECTMENS MEETING , WE HAVE GONE THRU A COUPLE OF  CEDA DIRECTORS BECAUSE OF INTERFEANCE OF BRENDA , I FOR ONE AGREE THAT WAREHAM  IS NOT HAS A LOT OF PROBLEMS, I WILL DO ALL I CAN TO REPLACE THE 2 WITCHES , AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED THE BIKE PATRAOLS , BEACH LIFE GUARDS AND NEW CRUISERS ARE  WINDOW DRESSING MASKING MAJOR PROBLEMS IN WAREHAM, WE NEED 2 NEW PEOPLE TO COME FOWARD RITE AWAY AND SAY THEY WILL RUN FOR SELECTMEN SO WE CAN GET BEHIND THEM . APRIL CANT COME SOON ENOUGH.

#5 2010-08-23 11:03:01

I agree with your assessment of the current state of affairs.  In fact, a lot of people agree with your sentiments.  You rightfully complain about "our leadership," in particular, the BOS and TA.  What about the leadership of those who want change?  Where are our leaders?  I don't blame you personally; after all, you held a meeting about a year ago to raise these issues.  Last year there was an effort to recall some of the Selectmen.  It failed for lack of support.  So in spite of all the whining, no one is stepping up to lead.  I find this a little odd.  Do you have an explanation?

April will come soon enough.  Will we even have any good candidates to get behind?

#6 2010-08-23 16:05:19

Mr. Onset wrote:

So in spite of all the whining, no one is stepping up to lead.

Mr Obvious here. No one wants to face certain character assassination from Slager, Sauvageau, Eckstrom, Andrews and both Donahues, with the mute acquiescence of everyone else on the Board of Selectmen.

Recall them all and start over.

#7 2010-08-23 17:50:37

I am in a quandary, and I need your help.

This thread seems to be the most appropriate to discuss my problem.

Yes...this will be long. Those who are bored by me, get off now and wait for the highlights ( there will be some).

I see things that bother me a lot. One is that there is a lack of communication that is inexcusable and unnecessary.

Two, there are things  going on that will lead to the destruction of this site and the power it holds.

Let me start with the easiest problem I believe that can be resolved.

There is a problem between Nora Bicki and Mr. Baum.

When Mr. Baum wrote on another thread not long ago, I took it to mean he was insulting Nora Bicki and demeaning her and her participation in Wareham's history. I immediately went after Mr. Baum, assuming he was a mole of the troll and was simply on to start trouble.

I then found out who he was, as far as his persona on this site.

I don't think I have ever disagreed with anything he has ever said under his assumed name.

Then I re-read his post and realized that he used some unfortunate language describing Nora's actions and unwillingness to participate in certain areas.

I apologize...I over-reacted.

Nora and Mr. Baum are bonded by this site. Don't lose the bond over a simple misunderstanding, one that can be easily resolved by communication. You are both respected, admired, and considered leaders on this site. Nora goes by her real name, and I have always been proud of her for that, and even though I have never met her, I consider her to be my friend, I appreciate what she has done for Wareham, I admire her, I trust her, and I will ALWAYS defend her.

Mr. Baum, under his persona on this site, is a smart, foresighted, intellectual man who has a clear vision for the Town of Wareham.

The only difference is the Library situation and how it should be handled. Both sides are right, I am sure in some way. But, it will take a mediator to resolve the differences between Nora and Peter. The goal is the same: save the Libraries for the generations to come. Government ownership, non-government ownership is academic. What can be done NOW to resolve the problem?

Do I blame Nora for being skittish? Hell no. She has been kicked around, sued, counter-sued, vilified, called everything but nice. I wouldn't trust anybody either.

I know how to resolve this situation between the two of you. Have a cup of coffee with Dick Wheeler, whom I am sure would agree to mediate, sit and watch in wonder the beauty of Onset as you sip your coffee, and get TOGETHER.

"United we stand; divided we fall."

The troll has already jumped on this situation. Show him how you do business on this site. Show him that you and all of the folks on this site have a common goal...the future of Wareham.

The next part is very hard.

I think I will wait until tomorrow to discuss it...but...let's just say it is an apparent feud between two friends of mine that I admire and respect...It's getting out of hand and unnecessary...In my opinion.

It too is a lack of communication...however, not easily resolved.

#8 2010-08-23 21:47:33

Dan,
I think that the overall goal is shared by all. I am sorry to hear your friends are feuding. Sometimes a good old fashioned hash it out is in order!

#9 2010-08-23 23:46:17

iliveinazoo wrote:

Dan,
I think that the overall goal is shared by all.

What goal is that? Beyond pointing to obvious misrule, we've never defined it.

Meanwhile, the witch hunt continues.

#10 2010-08-24 07:48:38

Bob you may not be allowed to have a seat at their table but you can have a seat at my table anytime you want ( : 

Dan I’m not all that thrilled with the selectman we are discussing in fact I am really disappointed. You were a selectman so you know more about what a selectman can do and what influence he may have to get things done. I don’t think sucking up to the TA and Brenda and Jane is the right approach. Giving the TA control over Chris Riley was a huge mistake and that was Steve’s idea.

I would also like to know who voted not to extend Chris Riley’s contract in May. The third vote had to be Walter or Steve. Does anyone know? Is a performance review considered part of the public record?

Hang in there Bob we appreciate all that you do and the information you share. I love all the questions you ask the TA at Town Meeting.

#11 2010-08-24 09:40:08

Does anyone know when that vote took place? I can't seem to find it on any agenda.....

#12 2010-08-24 19:04:52

OK...I fibbed...I will speak about it tomorrow..
Things are already happening that are positive....

#13 2010-08-25 09:15:11

I give up!

I think the problem between Nora and Peter will be resolved. I heard from Dick Wheeler yesterday and I have no doubt feathers will be unruffled by the ultimate moderator...If anyone can do it, Dick is the person.

The other problem....I am afraid I can't help.

The feelings are too deep and the animosity between the two parties are not easily resolved, if ever.

I spoke to Steve Holmes and asked him to post something on this site to tell people what is going on...He has many positive things he has been involved with and seems to have a grasp on the business aspect of the future of the Town.

Unfortunately, as I said to him many times over the last few days, he forgot who brought him to the dance and has alienated too many of the "core" of this site.

He hasn't written...he hasn't taken the advise to at least post something here...I am beginning to believe he won't...so...I have done as much as I can.

The only thing I ask of all of you to do is the following: do not discuss OUR business openly on this site if it erodes our objective of replacing the other remaining incumbent Selectmen in the next election.

I think a recall is too negative and divisive, plus the chance of losing is greater than we may think. If you lose the recall, then you are REALLY stuck.

I hope you will concentrate on replacing the remaining two by fielding candidates you can get behind and elect. It won't be easy...the current Chairman is well connected, has a lot of "names" that will come forward, and will have lots of money to spend. I think she will cut the other incumbent loose...she is too smart to hurt her chances of election by dragging an albatross along.

"United we stand; divided we fall"

The troll has already picked up on the negativity and it can only hurt. Have one vision, as you always have: the future of Wareham that will be positive and  visionary and ready for our future generations to assume the mantle.

This site has proven it is the political force in Wareham. The troll's alleged paper and web site have no power at all. The troll only writes about negative stuff, never eases up on it, has nothing positive to say and is surrounded by losers...especially his new columnists.

Let's not give him any credibility...he is insignificant.

However...don't lose the unity and strength of this site.

This site produced two new Selectmen and a Town Moderator. United it will produce two new Selectmen in a few months.

Arguments, distrust, lack of communication have apparently ruined some relations. Let's not have it spill over onto this site.

"United we stand;divided we fall".

A special thanks to Dick Wheeler.

#14 2010-08-25 10:53:38

If you want to make an Omelette.....you know the rest.

Wareham's problems did not happen overnight and they will not go away overnight. I do not doubt it will take years to fix all the damage done by a select few who put their personal agenda ahead of Wareham. There are lawsuits on the horizons, results of investigations, and few surprises that will sink the last pieces of the puzzle.

No amount of spin, twisting, or outright lies will change the outcome. The will of the voters who spoke in April 2010 will be carried over to April 2011. Patience, as hard as that is (and it is for me), will be the virtue that suceeds.

I wouldn't worry too much about MWF, here is a direct quote from one of the founders:

Mike Schneider wrote:

By: mike9f on 8/8/10
Jane Donahue and Brenda Eckstrom are pretty much all that stands between keeping us from sliding back to the abyss that town government was before they were elected.

Enough said.

#15 2010-08-25 13:34:13

Thanks Larry...

#16 2010-08-25 19:21:38

Mike Schneider...................what an idiot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 2010-08-25 21:11:22

Iliveinazoo  At one of the selectman’s meeting they mentioned a performance review for both Chris and the new TA. Initially they made it sound like it was going to be in public. Although making the performance review public may have been entertaining I don’t think any town employee should have their performance review shown on TV. Because the review dealt with a contract, should Chris’s contract be extended I guess they must have done the review in an executive session.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com