#1 2010-07-27 21:52:03

By: rsauvageau on 7/27/10

The reason Winslow wants to throw a Wheeler party is because they don't exactly have much to celebrate about judgeing from the last four months or so (Anything to put a happy face on). As to the alleged claim that I am being bribed by some potential Westfield developer who has a 1/5th chance of getting the contract - that is the classic defamationm of libel. As you always say "defamation is not free speech". In fact it is actionable in tort. As a private citizen I am no longer subject to the "public official threshold" standard for slander. Once I verify that these comments are in fact a matter of public domain I will personally file a civil claim in superior court of the Plymouth County. I did not spend four years in law scholl and almost $100,000 to get pushed around by a bunch of thugs! Wrong move Mr. Wheeler. See you in court. Have a nice day.

WELL BRUCEY LETS MAKE A COUPLE OF COMMENTS:

I did not spend four years in law scholl and almost $100,000 to get pushed around by a bunch of thugs!

WHATS A LAW SCHOLL???? IS THAT LIKE A LAW SCHOOL? KIND OF HARD TO TAKE A LAW SCHOOL GRADUATE THAT CANNOT EVEN SPELL SCHOOL.

As a private citizen I am no longer subject to the "public official threshold" standard for slander.

IM SORRY ARENT YOU A NEWSPAPER COLUMNIST NOW? YOU STILL ARE A PUBLIC FIGURE. YOUR A NEWSPAPER COLUMNIST

#2 2010-07-27 22:16:53

U.S. law
The controlling precedent in the United States was set in 1964 by the United States Supreme Court in New York Times Co. v. Sullivan. It is considered a key decision in supporting the First Amendment and freedom of the press.

A fairly high threshold of public activity is necessary to elevate a person to public figure status. Typically, they must either be:

a public figure, either a public official or any other person pervasively involved in public affairs, or
a limited purpose public figure, meaning those who have "thrust themselves to the forefront of particular public controversies in order to influence the resolution of the issues involved." A "particularized determination" is required to decide whether a person is a limited purpose public figure, which can be variously interpreted.
According to attorney Aaron Larson,[1]

A person can become an "involuntary public figure" as the result of publicity, even though that person did not want or invite the public attention. For example, people accused of high profile crimes may be unable to pursue actions for defamation even after their innocence is established...
A person can also become a "limited public figure" by engaging in actions which generate publicity within a narrow area of interest. For example, [jokes about]... Terry Rakolta [an activist who spearheaded a boycott of the show Married With Children, were fair comments]... within the confines of her public conduct [and] protected by Ms. Rakolta's status as a "limited public figure".

a public figure, either a public official or any other person pervasively involved in public affairs

ANY OTHER PERSON PERVASIVELY INVOLVED IN PUBLIC AFFAIRS? MMMMMMMMMM LIKE SOMEONE WHO WRITES FOR A NEWSPAPER????

#3 2010-07-27 22:17:40

CHRIST BRUCEY WHAT LAW SCHOLL DID YOU GO TO LOL.

HEY BRUCEY

S

C

H

O

O

L

#4 2010-07-27 22:24:59

Just imagine what a shitty lawyer this guy will be if he ever passes the Bar.
He is so ignorant, it is frightening. I hope he does sue Dick....should be good for a few laughs and Dick can just smile at him when the Judge calls the numb-nuts everything but smart.
What a freakin' idiot!
I have to send his comments on to some lawyer and judge friends. They'll get a big kick out of it... numb-nuts.

#5 2010-07-27 22:35:20

Went to "law scholl" for 4 years, won't pass the bar for 40 years...

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-07-27 22:38:55)

#6 2010-07-27 22:54:23

IHATESLAGER wrote:

UA fairly high threshold of public activity is necessary to elevate a person to public figure status.

See Also: The Venomous Blotoad

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#7 2010-07-28 06:35:57

P.S. Qualifying an accusation of Criminal activity as an opnion" will not survive a dafamation claim. That has been a matter of case law for a long time now.

HEY BRUCEY WHAT'S AN OPNION?

IS THAT LIKE AN OPINION?

GOD YOUR AN ASS

#8 2010-07-28 06:36:59

P.P.S A "Hunch" as he put it is not defensible either if in the "opnion" of the reader it suggests a direct accusation of criminal activity(qualified or not).

O    P    I     N    I    O    N   !!!!

CHRIST PEOPLE GET A DICTIONARY

#9 2010-07-28 06:48:16

BRUCE YOU DUMB ASS , WHY CANT YOU PASS THE BAR EXAMM LIKE YOUR BUDDEY CURLEY ,YOU 2 ARE  BOTH DUMB ASSES AND YOUR WIFES BOYH SUPPORT YOU , YOU 2 ARE BOTH GIRLEY MEN.

#10 2010-07-28 06:50:51

LETS SEE CURLEY TAKES BAR EXAM SEVERAL TIMES AND FLUNKS THEM EVERY TIME ,BRUCE CANT PASS THE EXAM EITHER AND BECOMES A REPORTER ON BOBO MULTI MEDIA , ASSHOLES.

#11 2010-07-28 08:13:15

The former Chairman must have "graduated" from whatever law school at the bottom of is class. He talks through his ass( a good quality for a competent attorney) and doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. His knowledge of the law borders on the absurd.
What a clown!!

#12 2010-07-30 15:42:54

IHATESLAGER wrote:

The reason Winslow wants to throw a Wheeler party is because they don't exactly have much to celebrate about judgeing from the last four months or so (Anything to put a happy face on). As to the alleged claim that I am being bribed by some potential Westfield developer who has a 1/5th chance of getting the contract - that is the classic defamationm of libel. As you always say "defamation is not free speech". In fact it is actionable in tort. As a private citizen I am no longer subject to the "public official threshold" standard for slander. Once I verify that these comments are in fact a matter of public domain I will personally file a civil claim in superior court of the Plymouth County. I did not spend four years in law scholl and almost $100,000 to get pushed around by a bunch of thugs! Wrong move Mr. Wheeler. See you in court. Have a nice day.

Bruce who gave you a "scholarship"?  K&P or the promoters for Westfield?  You have a lot of "past" that will eventually surface and bite you in the ass!

As a private citizen I am no longer subject to the "public official threshold" standard for slander

Last edited by mama bear (2010-07-30 15:46:35)

#13 2010-07-30 23:44:06

mama bear wrote:

IHATESLAGER wrote:

judgeing

Hey rsauvageau, it's too bad that the $100,000.00 education didn't teach you how to spell correctly.  Did you spend the $100,000.00 at the BoBO school of rag writing?  You're the only thug around here.....

#14 2010-07-30 23:46:59

And what a baby braggart.  Whine whine...sob sob...I spent a hundred thousand dollars on a rag education and all I can attract are thugs....

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com