Peter Albert – General Contractor

508-298-2661

Redbrook Masonry Services

508-759-4513

Law Offices of Lee Darst

3 Tremont Road, Wareham

508-295-3050

www.darstlegal.com

THIS IS SLAGER'S BUSINESS LISTINGS. IF YOU CAN DO BUSINESS IN OTHER PLACES NOT IN SLAGER'S BUSINESS DIRECTORY PLEASE DO SO. THESE ARE THE BUSINESSES THAT ARE KEEPING SLAGER'S PAPER AFLOAT. THEY ARE PARTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DESTRUCTION OF WAREHAM. PLEASE DO BUSINESS SOMEWHERE ELSE.

#2 2010-07-24 08:37:03

We could flood them with emails. Does anyone personally know the people who own Cranberry Cottage. If you do maybe you could talk to them and tell them what a slime ball Bobo is and that his newspapers just sit on the shelf.

#3 2010-07-24 09:45:13

I am a bit disappointed in Triad, they delivered my grandchild this spring, I thought they had some sense about them! I will have my daughter look into a new Ob/GYN.

#4 2010-07-24 13:17:54

IF PEOPLE ADVERTISE IN THE RAG I PERSONALLY WILL BOYCOTT THESE BUSINEESES , THANKS SLAGER FOR THE LIST.

#5 2010-07-24 13:37:46

I already do boycott them, and have been suggesting for quite some time to friends that they do the same.  In fact, the only reason I check the ragsite is to see who is next on the boycott list.  Seems Anchor Liquors finally saw the light; they were always the last ad on the website, but now they have vanished.  If it's true, I'm glad; they are good to their customers, and it's been two years since I could set foot in there.

#6 2010-07-24 14:47:04

YES PEOPLE BOCOTT THESE BUSINESSES, PEOPLE ADVERTISE FOR EXRTA BUSINESS BUT WHEN THEY ADVERTISE IN THIS PAPER THEY ARE WASTING THERE MONEY AND THAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY LOSSEING BUSINESS.

#7 2010-07-24 16:22:01

Where does this guy get his money?
I know paper boys that have more business than him...who owns him...who supports him...how does he get his money?

#8 2010-07-24 16:54:34

Dan from what I have read on some of the post on this site, according to the paperwork he files for the rag he has a partner in California. I think P-Span has that information. But I’m sure there are some local tinfoil hat club members that might give him money.

I feel bad for his wife and kids. It must be difficult to be married to someone that puts himself and his failing newspaper first just so he can be in the limelight. It would be nice if he got a real job or at least took a job at McDonald’s at night so he could support his family. Most REAL men put their families well being above everything else. Sorry honey you can’t go to college because daddy wanted to be in the spotlight so you have to work your way through college or get a college loan and be in debt forever. But you’ll be happy to know instead of getting a real job I saved Wareham and exposed all the major corruption in that town. What corruption I couldn’t find I made up just so I could get attention from everyone and so I could sell 20 or 30 newspapers.

#9 2010-07-24 17:08:29

Is it out of the realm of possibilities that the potential developer of the Westfield Project could be floating that alleged newspaper?..is it a coincidence that Sweet Brucey has pushed so hard for the project and now writes for the DB Slager?..a former Police Chief and Private Investigator presented this theory to me and it makes total sense..how else could he stay in business with such an awful product?

#10 2010-07-24 19:49:47

I'm with SlagisDB on this one, and the archives will show that I  blogged about The Westfield Lobby Theory months ago.

If you want Slager to go away, shoot down the Westfied Project, chop it up into little pieces. and then burn it.....making sure that after the fire you flush the ashes down the john. Then and only then will  The Observer,a.k.a. "Slager-Slop" wither up and die.

My opinion is that they( Developer X) are feeding Slager from P.R funds...and that in his fantasy world he considers himself to be a lobbiest.

My hunch is that Bruce is also "on assignment" when he writes his editorials. He's backed off from his Westfield obsession these past few weeks, but watch him step up the Westfield rhetoric  in September when we round the corner toward the  Town Meeting!  He will be about as subtle as a train wreck.

#11 2010-07-24 20:18:36

He must be in financial trouble wasn’t last week he asked the chat crowd if they knew anyone that would advertise with him. Then he has the newest latest ad on his site begging for advertisers. I think whoever was backing him has backed off because they know no one is buying the paper and only a handful of people read his online site.

The only time he may be useful to someone is when he prints lots of copies before an election and then hands them out free at the local supermarkets. I do believe certain people in town do give him the money to pay for all those extra copies he hands out before the elections or before town meetings.

Most of the people I talk to that use to read his paper don’t read it anymore because they finally realize what a nut case he is and they are sick of reading all of his negative reporting.

I think the majority of hits on his site are from us when we visit his site to read his latest fantasies.

#12 2010-07-24 22:35:00

marny wrote:

The only time he may be useful to someone is when he prints lots of copies before an election and then hands them out free at the local supermarkets. I do believe certain people in town do give him the money to pay for all those extra copies he hands out before the elections or before town meetings.

Marny, I need to disagree.  I would say if you want the kiss of death, then by all means have bobo print your name in his rag before any election and then watch his stand all day at the grocery stores giving the rag away.  Maybe next election he'll put the paper uder windshield wipers.

#13 2010-07-25 06:38:39

Ham of Peace here.

His biggest advertiser?  The Town of Wareham.  His legal advertising should be pulled immediately.  It's an embarrassment that this town pays money to a paper whose sole purpose is to destroy the town.

#14 2010-07-25 07:10:35

THERE ARE THOSE THAT SAY ITS THE T A JOB TO PUT THE ADVERTISING WHERE  HE CHOSES  , THATS TRUE , BUT WHEN THE BOARD HEADED BY BRUCE WAS IN CHARGE  IT CHANGED  FROM THE COURIER TO HIS PAPER , WE NEED LEADERSHIP FROM THE NEW BOARD TO MAKE IT HAPPEN , PERHAPS CLAIRE SMITH COULD CANCELL THE NEXT TOWN MEETING BECAUSE IT DID NOT GO INTO THE TOWN PAPER OF RECORD ,AND BECAUSE EVERYBODY DOES NOT READ THE RAG THEREFORE  THEY DID NOT ATTEND TOWN MEETING.,AND THERE CIVEL RITES WERE VIOLATED.

#15 2010-07-25 10:34:53

THE LARGE 2 ADDS FOR THE WAREHAM BARBER ARE NOT PAID BY THE BARBOR SHOP , HE CANCELLED HIS ADDS ALONG TIME AGO , FRANKLIN FLAGS CANCELLED HIS ADDS ALONG TIME AGO , I AM SURE THERE ARE MORE WHO CANCELLED THERE ADDS SOME TIME AGO, WHY DOES HE RUN THESE ADDS FOR FREE , I AM SUR IT IS TO MAKE HIS PAPER LOOK BETTER, LOOK AT HIS RATES AND COUNT THE ADDS HE DOES NOT MAKE ENOGH MONEY TO PAY FOR THE PRINTING THE NEWSPAPER ,LET ALONE LIVE ON ,   WHO IS ALAGERS SUGAR DADDEY WHO FUNNELS MONEY TO THE RAG TO KEEP IT AFLOAT, THIS PAPER IS A JOKE.

#16 2010-07-25 15:44:16

I have been a sports fisherman all my life and have been trolling for that big fish that has deep pockets...........................remember "Deep Throat" from the Watergate scandal during the Nixon administration.......................FOLLOW THE MONEY

#17 2010-07-25 16:52:18

..you are very wise Quahog..

#18 2010-07-25 18:36:42

ALWAYS...follow the money!

#19 2010-07-25 20:32:57

IHL I love how you have access to all this information. So the barber shop and the flag place stopped running their ads yet Bobo continues to run their ads. I guess they look at like they are getting free advertising but I wonder if they decided they didn’t want to run the ads because Bobo is such a jerk. If  that is the case I would be upset with Bobo for continuing to run the ads.

Maybe his mom is still supporting him. Didn’t he say his transmission went out a few weeks back that must have cost him some serious money.

Someone told me Bobo is now printing news stories from every newspaper on the planet he hasalso included stories from CNN. This makes sense since he is incapable of writing any news that anyone except the tin foil hat club would want to read. Is it legal for him to copy and reprint those stories. I emailed CNN and told them about Bobo copying their stories haven’t heard back yet.

#20 2010-07-25 21:00:14

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Ham of Peace here.

His biggest advertiser?  The Town of Wareham.  His legal advertising should be pulled immediately.  It's an embarrassment that this town pays money to a paper whose sole purpose is to destroy the town.

Ham,  You raise a point that should be addressed by the leadership of OUR community.  Clearly someone MUST be held accountable and where it's the TA's responsibility to run the "day-to-day", he's the one who has decided to use that tabloid (circulation 12 at best) for the advertising of legal notifications. 
Any of the three remaining NEWSPAPERS have a much greater readership, which suggests, to me anyway, that the TA is irresponsible.
Wareham's tax revenues should no longer support that and the TA needs to hear from the citizens.  So I encourage you ALL to send him a kind email to put him on notice of your dissatisfaction with his reckless, wasteful use of your taxes by supporting said tabloid.  We all know it does NOT reach the greater general public, which should be his objective by law.

The TA's email address is mandrews@wareham.ma.us  I predict his reponse to you will be : "Thanks So and So.  I will review and advise".  And then you'll never hear back from him.  PURE LIP SERVICE !  In fact, he'll probably send it from his Verizon wireless Blackberry, just to impress you.  : )

I AM HAMM 5000 !

#21 2010-07-26 06:49:56

Ham of Peace here.

Marny, that is weird.  He has stories from CNN, ESPN, NYT, etc.  Has he paid to put those stories up?  (I think we all know the answer).  Looks like a desperate move to draw more traffic to his website. 

This loser sounds like he is having money problems.  Got the perfect solution for him - GET A JOB!!!

#22 2010-07-26 07:35:21

This one should be filed under "Delusions of Grandeur"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By: robertslager on 7/25/10
I wanted to address two other aspects of Brady's claim. I'm confident that the Observer has a higher readership in Wareham than either the Standard-Times or the Courier. Since Wareham Week is a free publication there is no way to know how many people are reading it.

My understanding is that during the last audit, the Courier had a circ. of 4000. We recently read that WW has a printing of 7,500.  (I have no idea about the ST but it is not a Wareham based newspaper.)  Are we to believe that the tacky tabloid comes close to these numbers?? I don't think so.

You all know I am always touting the TRUTH. Well, I understand that the town DID pay WW to print the warrant and the tax auction info. So does that mean the town is paying ONE newspaper and ONE tabloid to print the town's legal business??  Why waste tax dollars on a tabloid when the "general circulation" of WW is 7,500???  Just wondering since I haven't seen the invoices but I'm sure they could be gotten from the town acct.

Oh, and one more comment. When the tacky tabloid was being given away for free, there was no way to know how many people were reading it. I guess now that the shoe is on the other foot (75 cents or Free in many places around town!!!) it makes a difference. Talk about hypocrisy.

Last edited by Nora Bicki (2010-07-26 07:46:16)

#23 2010-07-26 07:52:23

Great idea Bob it would be nice if the selectman also had some input on this subject. Oh that’s right Jane and Brenda already have input on who the town should use to advertise public notices.

The telephone number for the nytimes newsroom is 1-888-NYT-NEWS you can leave a message. They might be interested to know that Bobo is stealing their stories.

#24 2010-07-26 09:07:33

Worst Journalist Ever wrote:

By: robertslager on 7/25/10
I also wanted to thank everyone who joined me for lunch on short notice on Saturday. I had a great time. And thank you so much for your willingness to pitch in with advertising. I really appeciate it!

I've noticed that since the election, there are  more and more references in the tin hat chats to the tin hats getting together and having lunch with bagel boy. 

This guy regularly has lunch with key supporters of local political hacks, and he claims to be unbiased?

It looks like Wareham Week has this loser running scared and he's trying to revitalize his shitty "looks like it was designed by a high school computer class" website.

#25 2010-07-26 11:34:39

It is absolutely ludicrous to think that adding national web sites and stories from those sites will increase the viewer-ship of the troll's web site.
WW's web site is successful because it updates LOCAL news everyday, along with video, up to date sports results, police news, etc.
The question still remains: where does this guy get his money?

#26 2010-07-26 16:38:42

I thought the same thing Dan, if I wanted national news I would just go to cnn.com, not ragserver multi media.

Anyone who follows his TFHC chats knows he has engaged his mindless, brainless, senseless followers into selling advertising for him. I hear he may have stocked up on lightbulbs especially for this occassion. You know, so when he screws them over he can just leave lighbulbs burning?

I also want to note that a dear friend of mine from childhood is a real journalist (you know the kind who writes for a real newspaper) and she had been back east here for a few weeks on vacation recently. She tells me that it is a bad idea to develope personal relationships with the same people you write stories about (i.e. Mikey & Ellen). She mentioned a journalist code of ethics, I know bahahahaha on me for thinking ragman and ethics in the same thought sentence.

Anyhoo, the point of my post is this. In court this "man" claimed his paper is over half opinion, any business who pays to advertise in an opinion paper should be mindful that the opinion of said paper is the opinion of the business itself. The reason you ask? Simple, if you advertise in an opinion paper the general populace assumes you support the opinion. When the opinion is that of a crazed lunatic with a sick obsession for a town he neither lives in nor pays rent for an office in, well many people may question how much that business truly cares about the community.

I say, bring on the boycott! I will absolutely boycott any new advertiser and I will ask my friends and family to do the same. Any business that supports the slander, defamation of charecter, outright lies, and the ruining of a community really shouldn't be doing business here at all (in my humble opinion).

#27 2010-07-26 17:53:25

We need more detail on the requirements for municipal legal ads.  Common sense dictates that "general circulation" means a newspaper that is physically delivered or mailed within the time frame the restraints of the ads.  People who cannot get to the depositories of the Observer do not have access to the legal ads. Free newspapers do not deliver or mail to customers. The internet may not qualify. I believe "hard copy" is still within the meaning of "newspaper". 

Does anybody have the letter of the law on this subject?

#28 2010-07-26 19:53:24

THIS WHAT I SAY TO YOU SLAGER....AN UPDATED BUSINESS DIRECTORY OF THOSE TO AVOID AT ALL COST.

Observer Business Directory

Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 9:22 am

Wareham Barber Shop

249 Main St., Wareham

508-295-5184

SS Limousine Service
Wareham, MA
www.sslimousineservice.com
508-295-1598

Crowell Upholstery

508-295-6199

www.crowell-upholstery.com

Cranberry Cottage

246 Marion Road (Route 6), Wareham

508-291-1515

Triad OB & GYN P.C.

13 Sawyer St., Wareham

508-295-5197

www.triadobgyn.net

Innovation Construction Company

508-291-4907

www.keithisremodeling.com

Gold World

3112 Cranberry Highway, East Wareham

508-291-1008

Danny’s Auto Service

Corner of Routes 6 and 28, Wareham

508-295-8922

Gateway Barber Shop

3B Tremont Road, Wareham

508-295-9596

Peter Albert – General Contractor

508-298-2661

Redbrook Masonry Services

508-759-4513

Law Offices of Lee Darst

3 Tremont Road, Wareham

508-295-3050

www.darstlegal.com

Dave Cogswell - General Contracting
508-295-5320
repairmandave@aol.com

#29 2010-07-27 06:53:22

THIS IS FOR 4DOGNITE WHO ASKED BOBO IF THIS BOYCOT WAS LEGAL:

OK ELLEN I OR ANYONE ELSE DOES NOT HAVE TO DO BUSINESS WITH A PARTICULAR COMPANY. I AND OTHERS ARE MAKING IT A POINT TO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THOSE THAT ADVERTISE WITH THE RAG. THATS MY CHOICE!!!! I BELIEVE THIS IS AMERICA RIGHT? GOD YOU PEOPLE ARE SCARY

#30 2010-07-27 08:39:06

They are scary.  They think that people are required by law to patronize businesses they don't want to.

Bobo is very talented.  He can ignore the bloggers and bitch about the bloggers at the same time.

#31 2010-07-27 08:45:24

Want to know how successful Wareham Week is? Look at the commentators on certain stories, for example the lovely story of Dick Wheeler helping a young couple out of compassion.
Everyone agreed what a great story it was, except the troll who has found the only outlet that people actually read. Instead of being kind and lauding Mr. Wheeler, the troll and a couple of his brainless minions criticize him.
A good question was asked by Mavis...let me ask it another way: Which one of you assholes has ever even been MENTIONED by Time Magazine, never mind have a full story written about you?
You are clowns, useless as teats on a boar hog, disruptive, negative, asinine and totally ignorant.
Go away...leave Wareham alone to heal and recover from years of political abuse. Let Wareham gather strength and continue on with a positive vision.
Your days of your disruption are over because NO-ONE reads your rag and the time has come to cut off your funding by the Town and the BOS need to find a real paper to have legal notices printed.
My question is again: where does this guy get his money?

#32 2010-07-27 08:54:29

Before I forget, the former Chairman and the lead columnist of the troll is as ignorant as anyone I have ever read.
That last piece he wrote should receive a "D" by any college professor. If this clown ever passes the Bar (exam I mean), and actually sets up a shingle or works for any law firm, do yourself a favor and don't waste money hiring him. Find someone competent with his head actually on is shoulders instead of tucked up his ass.
Hey..clown...pseudo-lawyer clown...useless numb nuts...sue me!
I can't think of more fun I could ever hope for...even living here in paradise.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com