#1 2010-07-23 08:28:24

Thank you Dick for helping that young couple find their engagement ring. I’m glad you noticed that there was a problem and that you were able to get the maintenance department to help in the search. This is the kind of story that other newspapers could pick up and make Onset and Wareham shine like that diamond ring. You can’t buy this kind of publicity. Thanks Dick for being so observant. Dick when did you move to Onset?

This is also another example of what a great bunch of guys we have working in our municipal maintenance department. You would think that after all the cuts, having their friends laid off never to be rehired and the fact that they are doing twice and sometimes three times more work that they would be bitter. Instead I find that they are still the same bunch of friendly guys that always do a great job. Whenever I see them cutting the lawn or picking up trash in Onset I make a point of telling them what a great job they are doing.

#2 2010-07-23 09:40:08

When we come around to "Man of the Year Time" let's remember  Jim Maxim. He's the one who figured out the way to find the needle in the haystack. Using that giant machine to find that tiny object was like asking an artist to do a small oil painting using a broom for his paint brush....but Jim pulled it off.   And yes, the guys in that tightly knit maintenance squad deserve all the praise we can heap upon them: hard working, efficient, and always cheerful.

As for the "When did we move to Onset?" question......We officially wrecked the neighborhood in early June.

#3 2010-07-23 10:00:22

Welcome to Onset.  It is a great place to live.

#4 2010-07-23 14:09:21

Dick...check your e-mail

#5 2010-07-23 14:40:42

WW:Finding a diamond in the rough (beach sand)

Dick, I know the couple who got their ring back will be forever grateful to those of you who came to their rescue. A few years back my wife lost her ring..she was an emotional wreck..and I was none too pleased..the elation we both felt when she ended up finding it a couple of weeks later is equally unforgettable.. Notch another notch on your "hero" belt, Mr. Wheeler..

TBW
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-07-23 14:54:14)

#6 2010-07-23 19:15:40

Welcome to Onset Dick your going to love living in Onset!!!!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com