#1 2010-07-20 14:23:42

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/exitstageleft.png

Are you ready to recall the entire board of selectman?

I am. The prospect of watching Little Bobby and his all girl band every week from now till April has no appeal.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#2 2010-07-20 14:44:21

Two would still do for me..

Heavens to Murgatroid

TBW
P-SPAN

#3 2010-07-20 15:24:33

Fair enough. Where are the other three? Ok, never mind Mr. Cruz. We know from the June 2, 2009 executive session audio he thought the computer audit was a terrific idea.

Where are Holmes and Winslow? Both voted to extend the computer audit witch hunt to determine YOUR identities. Both also voted to appoint another dept head hack hire to run the library.

Isn't that sweet? Isn't that enough?

#4 2010-07-20 16:39:48

I AM AGAINST YHE COMPUTOR ADUIT AND SPENDING MORE TOWN MONEY ON IT ,AND I DISAPROVE OF THIS VOTE , I AM SICK AND TIRED OF SPENDING MY TAX DOLLARS ON FOOLISNESS, I AM TIRED OF MILES BURKE GEETING 25K  MORE THAN THE ADVERTISED  PRICE FOR THE JOB , I AM AGAINST HIS GIRFREIND GEETING A JOB THAT WAS NOT ADVERTISED , IAM TIRED OF THE FREINDS  NOT BACK AT THE LIBRARY , I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE BEING INSULTED BY GRIZZIE AND SHE STILL HAS HER JOB, I AM TIRED OF ILLEGAL EXECUTIVE SESSION MEETINGS , I AM TIRED OF THE LIBRARY GRIZZEE COVERUP  ON FALSIFIED DOCUMENTS , I AM TIRED OF THE  FIX IN FOR THE LAWRENCE LIBRIAN , I AM TIRED OF ONE OF OUR CITZENS  BEING INSULTED  BY A BOARD  MEMBER AND NO BODY STANDING UO ON HIS BE HALF , I AM TIRED   , I VOTED FOR CHANGE  , WHEN WILL IT HAPPEN ON A FASTER SCALE?

#5 2010-07-20 16:43:24

This situation did not occur overnight or even over months, it happened over years. It will take time for for us to see change. Right now they are small, Liz and Larry getting on committees, finally getting the 40 hours for the CEDA bookkeeper, but they will keep coming and we need to support the efforts of our newest selectmen. We aren't always going to agree with them. We didn't elect them to agree with them. We elected them to do the best they could with what they have to work with.

#6 2010-07-20 16:45:48

WHAT  WILL HAPEN TONIGHT  AT THE SELECTMENS MEETING WILL JANE RAM THRUGH MORE OF HER CRAP WITHOUT DISSENT , WILL BRENDA    THE FISH  WIFE INSULT ONE MORE  OF OUR CITZENS WELL WE  WILL HAVE TO WATCH THE CONTINUEING SAGA OF WAREHAM IN THE  TOILET TONITE , WATCH WITH ME TONITE .

#7 2010-07-20 17:10:05

ihateliz  is there a meeting tonight I thought they were on the ever other week summer schedule?

#8 2010-07-20 18:23:01

ihateliz wrote:

I AM AGAINST YHE COMPUTOR ADUIT AND SPENDING MORE TOWN MONEY ON IT ,AND I DISAPROVE OF THIS VOTE , I AM SICK AND TIRED OF SPENDING MY TAX DOLLARS ON FOOLISNESS, I AM TIRED OF MILES BURKE GEETING 25K  MORE THAN THE ADVERTISED  PRICE FOR THE JOB , I AM AGAINST HIS GIRFREIND GEETING A JOB THAT WAS NOT ADVERTISED , IAM TIRED OF THE FREINDS  NOT BACK AT THE LIBRARY , I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE BEING INSULTED BY GRIZZIE AND SHE STILL HAS HER JOB, I AM TIRED OF ILLEGAL EXECUTIVE SESSION MEETINGS , I AM TIRED OF THE LIBRARY GRIZZEE COVERUP  ON FALSIFIED DOCUMENTS , I AM TIRED OF THE  FIX IN FOR THE LAWRENCE LIBRIAN , I AM TIRED OF ONE OF OUR CITZENS  BEING INSULTED  BY A BOARD  MEMBER AND NO BODY STANDING UO ON HIS BE HALF , I AM TIRED   , I VOTED FOR CHANGE  , WHEN WILL IT HAPPEN ON A FASTER SCALE?

IHL..I agree with you on just about every point you've raised here...

Zoo..you raise excellent points..as I've come to expect from you.

Marny..thanks for mentioning this..I think you may be right..which would also explain why I haven't received an agenda yet..no video this week I guess..so maybe I can go back and watch last week's since I missed most of it.

Bill..I don't blame ya for thinking the way you do on the points you raised. I'm not "overly thrilled" at everything I've seen or heard..and I sure hope the three BoS I  do support can work together and start truly altering the course that the two I Don't support (along with the TA) have continued to set. Steve, for some reason seems to think Andrews is a competent TA...I do not agree with him on this..and extending Andrews contract, in my opinion, was a big mistake.

But I also always come back to who it was who ran in the last election..as far as I'm concerned, the two best candidates won (and don't forget John Boy's gone too)...and I think if Brucey and Cronie (and John Boy) had been re-elected...ughh, I can't even stomach the thought of it. As far as "recall"..I doubt it'll ever happen..If people weren't motivated enough to have Brucey (or Brenda, for that matter) recalled..getting all five booted is just not gonna happen.

I don't just want to come on here and complain about whoever it is that happens to be in office..and I don't want this site to be perceived that way..because the "casual" reader will just think that all we do is complain, no matter what (I think that already is the perception of many).. I've also become so sick of replying to the rantings of Bobo and a few of his diehard supporter's (like mikey..Hey Mike..how come when WW doesn't (apparently) immediately reply to you..and say they updated a story..it's an "outrage"..but Bobo does that so consistently and you never say a thing?..O, that's right..cause you're a hypocrite..slipped my mind for a moment).. Don't worry people..Bobo has a neverending stream of BS "outrages" to spew out..give yourselves a break and skip one ..you won't have to wait long..another will be right behind it..and life is too short to let people like Bobo and the Gang ALWAYS get under your skin.

Anyway..hope you're all enjoying the Summer ; )

TBW
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-07-20 18:30:06)

#9 2010-07-20 22:35:54

P-SPAN wrote:

I don't just want to come on here and complain about whoever it is that happens to be in office..and I don't want this site to be perceived that way..because the "casual" reader will just think that all we do is complain, no matter what (I think that already is the perception of many).

The two new selectmen, who nominally owe their office to the collective efforts of their supporters, have shown NO leadership. We won't see capable challengers for Brenda and Jane's soiled seats next April at this rate.

Holmes and Winslow need to start explaining themselves in a hurry.

#10 2010-07-21 01:23:46

Was Brucey a leader? Is Jane a leader? I think I'd have to say yes on both counts...difference is..I think they're both (piss) POOR leaders. I also feel like Steve and Cara are leaders..less than a year ago we had no idea who might run in April..or if they'd have any chance in supplanting the incumbents. They stepped up and change DID happen..and it continues. None of us chose to run ourselves..for whatever reasons. Some live out of town..others are just too busy, didn't have a snowballs chance of winning, were unwilling to deal with the "crap"..or whatever. Well Steve and Cara did run..and what's more..they won. What I was glad for was that they were..from what I'd seen..smart, good people, willing to speak their minds..and think for themselves. And they took on, what seems to be a "thankless" task. I don't expect to agree with anyone..on everything. I've stated what I'd like to see from them..group together, make the motions and votes to make the changes, or at least "block" Jane and Brenda's dysfunction..until we can vote them out. I waited about a year before I heard Mr. Cruz say just about anything..and now, finally he speaks up quite a bit...It's been three and a half months since Steve and Cara were elected, and I don't think either has been a "wallflower"..I try to imagine a board without Jane and Brenda..after next April..Ahh, it's a pretty picture..can you see it? I still won't expect perfection..but I'll feel like we're pointed in the right direction..a 180 from a year ago..in my opinion.

As far as next years election..and candidates..well, we have Town Meeting long before that, and I'd expect it to be as contentious as the last couple. I know I won't run in the election..will you? I don't ask to be a smartass..I just think it's a personal decision that has to be done by the individuals who run in their own way..and I respect that.. Who can't understand why someone would have reservations about running for a position in Wareham? Oh, I have a few individuals who I'd really really like to see run..maybe I'll mention it to them (again)..and see where that gets me. Hope springs eternal.

TBW
P-SPAN

#11 2010-07-21 06:17:34

People will run, no doubt, and will hopefully win. We need to keep telling Walter, Steve and Cara what we want to see. Take the CEDA issue for example. Putting Chris Riley under Mark Andrews, big mistake in my opinion, Andrews is a puppet for Brenda. But one of them voted against it.

Jane controls the agenda and the meetings. Notice no meeting last night? Jane is out of town, I guess she doesn't trust the "kids" to handle themselves. Walter might offend Ellen B again!

Are they going to skip a meeting every month from now until April because Jane travels once a month?

#12 2010-07-21 06:38:12

I KNEW IT , I FELT SINCE THERE WAS  NO MEETING LAST NITE THEN JANE MUST BE OUT OF TOWN, SHE DOES NOT TRUST WALTER TO RUN THE MEETING WITH OUT HER, AND THIS IS WHAT I MEAN , SHE THINKS SHE IS A GOD MS WAREHAM IF YOU WILL , STEVE ,CARA AND WALTER YOU HAVE THE POWER, USE IT WORK TOGETHER , SHOW HER THAT YOU 3  ARE IN CONTROL AND THAT ULTIMATELY WE THE WAREHAM VOTER ARE IN CONTROLL, STOP JANE AND  BRENDA , BRENDA SHOULD NOT BEEN PUT ON AS LIASON TO THE FINANCE COMMITEE ,SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PUT ON THE LIBRARY HIREING COMMITEE, STOP PLAYING NICE , THESE 2 WEASELS DONT KNOW ABOUT PLAYING NICE , THEY WILL GO AFTER YOU EVERY TIME , LOOK AT THE SECRET MEETING WHERE JANE AND BRENDA MET AT A LOCAL RESTURANT AND CONSPIRED TO KEEP LIZ AND LARREY OFF THE LIBRARY AND COUCIL ON AGEING COMMINITIES AND THIS WAS FOUND OUT ONLEY BECAUSE A CONCERNED COMMITEE MEMBER ALERTED OUR SIDE , THIS WAS AN ILLEGAL MEETING. THESE 2 WERE WARNED ABOUT HAVING ILLEGAL MEETINGS  BY THE DA AND YET THEY STILL CONTINUE TO HAVE THESE MEETINGS .

#13 2010-07-21 06:50:52

W HAT WILL HAPEN  WITH THE POLICE CHIEF HIREING ,I HERE THAT IN AUGUST  STANLEY WILL RETIRE FROM N ANDOVER , WHILE I THINK ITS A FORGONE  CONCLUSION HE WILL GET THE JOB  ,WHAT WILL HIS SALERY BE  THE POLICE CHIEF IN PLYMOUTH GETS 119 K  WITH  100 COPS  AND JOYCE GOT 95 K  WITH ABOUT 35 COPS  THE NEW CHIEF SHOULD NOT GET MORE TAH OUR CURRENT TA AND NO MORE THAN 100 K ,            THE QUESTION I HAVE DOES JANE AND BRENDA  RUN THE TOWN OR DOES THE WAREHAN VOTER RUN THE TOWN THROUGH OUR PEOPLE WE VOTED FOR  CARA , STEVE AND WALTER , RIGHT NOW IT IS THE FIRST GROUP AND I  SEE PROGRESS  WITH OUR SIDE  BUT TAKE THEM ON MORE . I AM GLAD THAT CRONIN THE DIRT THIEF AND BRUCIE ARE GONE AND I KNOW THINGS WOULD BE WORSE IF THEY WERE STILL AROUND AND I AM GLAD WITH THE CHOICES WE MADE , BUT JANE AND BRENDA BUG THE HELL OUT OF ME.

#14 2010-07-21 07:21:52

I think Cara and Steve are still trying to find their way. They haven’t attended a lot of meeting between Steve being ill and Cara both being sick and vacation and the every other week schedule.

Steve and Cara did stand up for Liz and Larry but on the other hand like Bill said they voted on the money to continue the audit. Cruz probably would have voted for the audit money so the vote would have passed. It would have been nice to see Cara and Steve vote against the money. I have to say I agree with Bill on this one I was really surprised that Cara and Steve voted for the audit money.

I think Steve thinks he will get more accomplished by trying to get along with everyone and in a normal situation that tactic might work. You know put our differences aside and lets try to get things done in Wareham. Brenda and Jane have their own agenda and are unbelievable control freaks which slows down any progress in town. As I said before I think Steve is deferring way to much to the TA instead of holding him accountable.

I’m sure Steve and Cara still read the blog. Yet they shy away from asking questions in public at the selectman’s meetings about what they are reading. Why not ask the TA about Burke’s girlfriend’s job. Was there a job created, was the job advertised where is the money coming from?  It may seem like it is only one job but jobs are scarce in town. Every job that becomes available should be posted even if that job is from a grant and will probably be filled in house. Burkes girlfriend doesn’t even live in Wareham there are residents of Wareham that could use a part time summer job. I’m sick of all our tax dollars going to people who don’t even live in town.

#15 2010-07-21 08:08:29

New Selectmen hold a tenuous position. They are new, not fully informed of what has taken place in the past, and trying to quietly find information to make informative decisions.
The public and the voter has little patience after the many years of incompetent leadership.
I told a newly elected Selectman one time: "The day you are elected, 50% of the people who voted for you won't trust you anymore and will hate your guts."
The secret is, don't exceed expectations and increase that percentage to over 50%. If you do, you are going to be ineffective and a one termer.
Good luck.

#16 2010-07-21 13:45:30

danoconnell wrote:

New Selectmen hold a tenuous position. They are new, not fully informed of what has taken place in the past, and trying to quietly find information to make informative decisions.

Biff, I've publicly and privately asked this next question for more than a month and heard nothing. Doesn't that trouble you?

billw wrote:

Where are Holmes and Winslow? Both voted to extend the computer audit witch hunt to determine YOUR identities. Both also voted to appoint another dept head hack hire to run the library.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com