#1 2010-07-18 20:00:25

After I posted my concern about an evacuation plan at the COA someone sent me an email telling of his/ her experience. I have asked if I could post this story and the author said I could.  I trust this person and I don’t believe he/she has any agenda other then to expose the truth. The email refers to March or April of 2009.

“Last year March or April I was upstairs in the office when a call came in (answered by the tall blonde bus driver who quit) to Marcia that there was potential gas leak in the bldg and that everyone had to get out immediately.  Marcia got up and walked out the front door and got into Larry’s car and went to the Cranberry Cottage for lunch.  Now keep in mind this was lunch time so I met the firefighters in the hall and they asked me where everyone was.  I told them that everyone was in the basement eating lunch.  I ran downstairs, myself, Donna Barros, Cheryl Johanesson, and Kevin Hunt got all of the seniors up to the landing where Chief McDuffy met us, it was cold and raining that day so he had them all remain near the door while they investigated.  They could not use the elevator and it was full capacity that day and it was not easy to get them all up the stairs quickly and safely.  So Marcia’s official evacuation plan is every-man-for-himself.  I know this is true because I was in the bldg from beginning to end.”

Marcia’s evacuation plan is to leave the building to have lunch with a friend and let the crisis be handled by any staff person or volunteers that might be hanging around the building.  I think they had to call the fire dept 2 or 3 times in 2009 because of fumes.

Again I ask, is there a plan in place to evacuate the seniors in the social day program, seniors the town is RESPONSIBLE  for if they are on any level of the building except the ground floor  and have to get out without using the elevators.

Last edited by marny (2010-07-19 07:17:05)

#2 2010-07-18 21:08:04

YET MARCIA HAS A POWERFUL PATRON ,NOTICE WHEN SHE GOT INTO TROUBLE AT THE LIBRARY FOR LIEING ON GOV, FORMS THEY PUT IN A NEW LIBRIAN , AND TOOK HER OUT OF THERE , YET THIS PERSON  REMAINS AT COUNCIL ON AGEING BECAUSE OF HER PATRONS JANE AND BRENDA  WHO HOLD ANDREWS STRINGS AND PULL THEM AT WILL   , WE NEED TO GET RID OF JANE AND BRENDA  AND APRIL CANT COME TO SOON.

#3 2010-07-18 22:02:47

there has not been an evacuation ot the multi service center in two years. we did have to leave because of a gas sleak and most senoirs stayed in the  stare well ottside the centeer whter the gas was building and have ingn a smok with the staff looking on. Safty first. so much for the COA and ther care for the Seniors. lIt is time to get someone who knows and cares f0r seniors.  gmo.

#4 2010-07-19 00:33:44

John and Jane depend on the seniors for their votes.  Visits to nursing homes, getting them absentee ballots, etc.      You would think that it would be in their best interest (senior vote wise) to make sure the seniors are safe at all times.  I guess the well being of our seniors is just before election time, according to Jane and Brenda's actions.

They were all concerned so much about Westfield for our senior citizens.  I think Dan is right.  Follow the money in regards to Westfield.  There is nothing right now that the seniors can do for them (John, Jane and Brenda) if they have to evacuate the multi-service center.

I'd like to hear of a plan in case of an emergency.  Anyone spoken to the fire chief?

#5 2010-07-19 09:06:34

Does anyone know how many complaints must be lodged against a department head before that person is terminated???

The Citizen's program has removed workers from COA because of repeated complaints. The work off seniors are constantly complaining to the TA. Many COA employees have quit because of the working conditions.  Let's just say there were issues with the library.

I don't care who the department head is. Our tax dollars pay these salaries. And we need those departments to be well-run and the employees to be treated with respect.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com