#1 2010-07-15 07:36:02

When I posted that Bubo would put a spin on this story and somehow try to blame the “Friends” for smearing Marcia I was only kidding. As much as I hate to post things Bobo prints this sounds like the beginning of a new library conspiracy from Bobo.

“The Observer has been told by a library source that internet allegations of fraud against former acting library director Marcia Griswold were initiated because Griswold refused to include alleged donations made by the Friends on the Wareham Free Library while working to complete the library’s 2010 yearly fiscal report.
    According to a source, Griswold declined to include the alleged donations because she could find no evidence that such donations were ever made to the town.”

I think if Marcia had asked the "Friends" for proof of what had been donated they would have supplied her with the information.You know like the invoices for any supplies the “Friends” purchased. .If Marcia had a problem talking to Nora all she would have had to do was go online and found the very lengthy post Nora and the Friends made about how much they contributed, where it went, and what they bought.

By the way Bobo I think you should have asked the new library director if you could talk to any library staff while they were working. The old interim TA had a ban on town employees talking to the media without his permission. You might want to try being a little more professional in dealing with town employees when they are working. Unlike you, they have jobs that they use to support their families and they may not want to put their jobs in jeopardy by talking to you.

#2 2010-07-15 11:47:24

Griz and/or Bobo is/are lying..

This..from April 8th

Nora Bicki wrote:

...we are very near the end of the fiscal year and the town has not met the MBLC requirement for the amount of money that must be spent on books and materials. The last two years, the Friends bought those books and materials (and one more time....Griz has copies of those invoices!!!).  But in October, the Friends were told we could no longer pay the bills for the books. (I think we paid about $10,000 or so to that point that can be counted towards this year's requirement.

The Friends offered to pay for the magazine subscriptions last fall but we got no response from that offer. I don't think the library has gotten new mags in quite a while.

The Friends offered to purchase another $4000 in books and materials as a result of getting new fans for the facebook page and the private donor and matching donor's money. Again, no response from that offer that was made to the acting director.

We were told we needed a Memo Of Understanding with the director, but can't seem to get a response on those requests either. The town wants an MOU before they allow us to purchase anything.

So, I guess the new trustees will have to step forward and spend some of that $50,000 they have as a result of the litigation.  Of course, Griz told the staff in fall that she "found" $47,000 in the library account. Why hasn't she let the technical services librarian order books each month since then so that we will meet the requirement? Your guess is as good as mine.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

We need a library director ASAP!!!!!!

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/viewt … 474#p67474

TBW
P-SPAN

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-07-15 11:52:23)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com