#1 2010-07-10 13:53:59

I would like to thank each and every one of the posters on this site for their support.  Bill W's site served as the catalyst for change. There is more to do, but together we have made a difference. I know I will hear about how I "blogged" again, but consider the source.

Liz and I endured the appointment process in hopes that others will follow. This town needs to hear from both sides and by volunteering, we can all be part of the process for change. Committees and Boards need new ideas and new blood. I know there are many out there who have skills and experience that can benefit the town. PLEASE consider applying for one of the many open positions. It isn't about excluding anyone, it's about including everyone. Those that seek to exclude volunteers will end up paying for the bias they show. This is OUR town and the OUR is everyone.

#2 2010-07-10 14:04:42

well said Larry and I am glad that you and  Liz were appointed to the boards. You are right it should be volunters from all sections and opinons of the whole town. this was a good change. Now move on.

#3 2010-07-10 15:26:21

You and Liz are welcome additions to two very important entities. You were well chosen, and we that know you are very proud of you both.
Keep up the great work!!

#4 2010-07-10 15:46:35

Larry & Liz,

Congratulations, and best wishes to you both. And, Good Luck....you'll need it.

As one who has served on many boards and committees over many years, I know that there is no more challenging position than being a member of a local board. The nature of things at present in the Town only compounds the situation.

So, here is my advice to you young'uns. Listen & learn. Then, be true to your thoughts, ideas & beliefs.

Cliches? Maybe. but over time, you will see that even cliches can be on point.

Finally, Thank You both for standing up, running the gauntlet, and getting in the game.

I'll miss you guys here.

#5 2010-07-11 07:25:43

Larry and Liz congratulations. Larry I think it is sad that you think because you are on a board in town that you can’t blog anymore. This is America remember freedom of speech. If the senators on the State and Federal level have their own facebook pages which they blog on and have twitter accounts they twitter on I think you and Liz should be able to blog.

We need more people who are on different committees to tell us what is going on. ALL of these different board meetings are open to the public. Marcia has a problem when things that happen at the meeting get out to the public. Hello Marcia the COA board meetings are open to the PUBLIC.

We can’t all attend the different meetings. I think every meeting should be video recorded and put on our local TV station or at least the town web site. We need more transparency not less.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com