#1 2010-07-01 19:52:26

Good evening fellow BLOGGERS!

And, proud I am to be castigated by the Bren-duh & WaningJane crowd as such. Please join me in standing tall for all we've done over the past year. And, Please commit to carry the battle on through to FINISH THE JOB !!!!!!

Which is why this is written this evening. The expression  -  FINISH THE JOB  -  came to me a few days ago. It seemed to be a logical follow-on to all that has gone before. It is short, punchy, and conveys the will & spirit of the blogger community here on BillW's site. I like it.

But, I've noticed over the past nearly seven decades, that not everyone agrees with me. As hard as that may be to believe, it is true! (only kidding).

So Please. Do one of two things here:

1. Critique my effort at a new catchphrase; or,

2. Give us your own suggestions for such.

Just a thought, but it might be a good idea to omit the words 'back" and "forward". That leaves plenty of words, a plethora, even.

Hey! there's no prize for the best entry. Well, unless you consider success at the polls next April to be a worthy prize for us all.

#2 2010-07-01 20:09:10

By: rsauvageau on 7/1/10

Westfield is not over. In fact,nothing is over yet. As painful as it is, let them keep burning their own house down. If we stay focused and patient, we will be there to wipe up the ashes. They aren't getting away with anything and none of us are going anywhere. Thing are happening. It won't be long now.

OK BRUCEY...... HOW MANY VOTES DID YOU GET????????
WHAT ARE YOU LISTING AS A JOB NOWADAYS?

#3 2010-07-01 20:25:33

Thank you IHS.

That posting reinforces all that I have said. The election of last April was only the first step in a multi-step process. It is imperative that we stay the course, and make all that comes between now and next April continue the process. The words of Brucie tell you that the fight is not yet won.

We cut off the head of the snake. Brucie. But like Medusa in ancient mythology, two heads appeared in its place..Bren-duh & WaningJane. The job is not finished until those two heads vanish from view.

VOTE !!!!!

APRIL 5, 2011

FINISH THE JOB!   .....  Make the heads roll.

#4 2010-07-01 22:27:11

notalawyer, a real catchy phrase.  We've all come this far so the next step is to do exactly as you propose - "finish the job".

After this weeks BOS meeting I know I am more determined than ever to get Brenda and Jane out of office, and maybe do some house cleaning in town hall, which will have to be done after we "finish the job" in April.

Bruce still has his interests in Westfield according to the above blog.  I have to say that Dan's words keep running through my head ~ follow the money.  Bruce has a deal already in place, IMO, that will make him some money and that is the Westfield project.  He could care less where the seniors live or where low income housing needs are - his plan and deal is with Westfield.  Follow the money.  Thanks Dan!

I support the phrase and the action of ''FINISH THE JOB".  Thank you.

#5 2010-07-01 23:10:29

Beach Plum wrote:

I support the phrase and the action of ''FINISH THE JOB".

Too vague.

'Take Back Wareham' worked because we convinced voters the last board of selectmen subverted and broke Town Meeting to enthrone themselves with paying jobs and pensions.

Last time round the Standard-Times, Wall Street Journal, Boston Globe, and Cape Cod Times put us under a microscope, giving us regular ink. We're old news now and the rest, I suspect, is on us.

We need two new selectmen, right? Let's write their job description - the character and skill set we expect in viable candidates - and give voters the warm fuzzies when they exile Brenda and Jane to Lawrence.

Last edited by billw (2010-07-01 23:11:34)

#6 2010-07-02 00:45:42

You're right Bill.  We haven't fully taken back Wareham but the citizens (and I don't think we are a minority anymore) want more.  We all need to light the fire under our own butts right now.  We have slacked off, even in answering blogs.  The newly elected have given us the chance to take a big sigh of relief and unfortunately we are still in that mode.  We have to get angry again.  Watching Liz get questioned as she did was wrong and I saw nothing in the Standard-Times about that or Dr. Bicki being insulted.  I think it's time for some letters to the editor.  Our TA has ignored our e-mails, as usual.  But, we do have to "finish the job". 

I know that I want two more selectmen that will question EVERYTHING that is brought up.  Saying that "we have spoken about our concerns to Mr. Andrews and he is looking into it" never gets brought back to the television camera.  I don't like seeing decisions made at a BOS meetings without more background information.  Nothing is so important that it can't wait to be given time to be studied by the selectmen for a week or two, before voting on it.    I don't want to see a hot head selectman if he doesn't know what he is talking about.  We already had Bruce.  I would like to see a successful business person with financial knowledge.  I want someone who is approachable.  There must be two people who are willing to make sacrifices in their personal lives that would allow them to devote the time needed to be a good selectmen.  Have you spoken to anyone?  I hear names being thrown out there but no replies as to whether they want to run.

I think a deep feeling slogan should be "TAKE BACK WAREHAM AND FINISH THE JOB".   Alas, the job will never be finished, but we are on our way.

Write up the job descriptions and we can all add to it.  I don't think notalawyer is wrong when he says we need to finish the job.

#7 2010-07-02 07:38:36

Bill is right about a vague expression.
I like "Save Wareham"...

#8 2010-07-02 11:34:27

Let me explain why I posted the above comment. The troll has written for months that I was behind a movement in Bradenton, Florida called "Take Back Bradenton".

The fact is: the Take Back Bradenton group were my opponents. I supported the incumbent Mayor. I was impressed with the slogan, and knew immediately that we had trouble, because it really didn't say anything. It was a rallying cry to overthrow the current administration.

It worked!

"Save Wareham" accomplishes the same thing. Who DOESN'T want to save Wareham?

You were successful with a slogan the last time out...never any organization, never any formal committee or group, just a bunch of people behind the name; "Take Back Wareham".

You had more publicity because of the name than you could ever buy, and you were proven to be effective.

KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)...

"Save Wareham".

Just my opinion.

Nota...I love you, man.

Say hello to your better half, and I do mean your BETTER half.

#9 2010-07-02 12:15:25

I don't post very often, but I am an avid reader of this site. I think that Save Wareham is an excellent slogan. It has a ring of truth to it. I watched on Tuesday night when the MacDonalds were treated like criminals. I read the comments from the idiots on Bobos site. If Brucie thinks they have a chance in april 2011, he needs to wake up.

Do they want to keep score? 4 people that Bobo would classify as power elite or take back wareham have been appointed to boards. Count them, 4. At last count, 10 more were submitting applications. If Janey and Brenda continue to act like spoiled children, they will cement their fate, if they haven't already.

#10 2010-07-03 16:51:22

My town was sad and in great pain
The government had gone insane.
But voters rose to change the rule
Two evil ones they bid adieu
A breath of air long overdue
Hurrah, the crowd cried, we won the game
But two more evil ones remain
And the town must follow- through,
If the town would start anew
For what we need is a Grand Slam
Please dear friends “Just Give a Damn”
And  ” Vote!  Renew Our Wareham”

#11 2010-07-04 00:42:34

very nice ggm..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Defence_of_Fort_M%27Henry_broadside.jpg

TBW
P-SPAN

#12 2010-07-04 05:59:03

My  apologies!   My friends and I often have mini-contests to decide who can write the sappiest rhyming verses.  They are simply amusing word doodles.  In retrospect, I should not have imposed my silliness on this blog.

I merely wanted to suggest the following catch phrases: 
     a)  Follow-Through:  Vote 2011;
     b)  Vote: Renew Wareham
     c)  Vote a Grand Slam

I’ll be quiet now.  I promise-no more bad poetry.

#13 2010-07-04 14:21:19

Hey...don't stop.  I enjoyed your little poem.  I thought it was a clever use of words.

#14 2010-07-05 19:48:04

Gogateman I think your poem was great. It had a very medieval tone to it like the voters had slayed the dragons, or had defeated the black knight in a joust. Mixie haven’t heard from you in forever where have you been?

Gogatemen is right we have to find two people who can defeat the last two evil ones. I like the phrase Renew Wareham maybe that could be a slogan for someone.

Dan I like your Save Wareham as well. Renew Wareham kind of has the feeling of the starting anew like the phoenix rising from the ashes.

Who ever is going to run I don’t think they should use this blog as a forum. It is going to be difficult enough to beat Jane and Brenda (especially Jane) Who ever the two may be they don’t need Bobo labeling them as part of the infamous and non existent take back Wareham organization. Of course anyone who runs against the incumbents will automatically be evil in Bobo’s eyes and in his rag. I have a feeling Jane isn’t going to run.

Since I don’t read the rag anymore can someone confirm the story that Sweet Brucey said he might run next year. Someone told me they read that on Bobo’s site is that true?

#15 2010-07-05 21:58:58

Hi marney, I can't see jane not running.  She has used every sneaky and maybe illegal trick to take control of the Town.  Why would she give it all up in April?  BrocktonBrenda should not run, but she probably will run unless bruce orders her not to run so he can get her potential votes.

#16 2010-07-06 07:23:11

I think that Jane is tired of it all. She can see that she and Brenda no longer have the power or the majority of the votes. She seems more and more irritated at each meeting. The venom she spewed when she attacked Liz about the the observer was amazing. I have never seen her so angry. She was really pissed off and she couldn’t hide her feelings. I don’t think she is having fun anymore.

Brenda on the other hand will never leave. She doesn’t have a job and she likes being in everyone’s business

#17 2010-07-06 07:36:11

LETS CRUSH THEM NEXT APRIL , I THINK THEY WILL BOTH RUN  ,THEY HAVE MASSIVE  EGOS , CHALENGE THEM AT EVERY TURN.  YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW , WHAT GOES AROUND   COMES AROUND, THEY HAVE SPREAD THERE VENOM  AROUND  LIKE VIPEROUS  SNAKES THAT THEY ARE  .

#18 2010-07-06 13:26:36

steve homes loves the drunk TA he has his head up his ass

#19 2010-07-06 14:07:50

What also amazed me at the last meeting was Jane's outright support of BoBo's Rag.  She is usually a little more discreet.

#20 2010-07-06 20:11:52

please dont drink and drive warehams TA job is taken

#21 2010-07-06 22:54:48

kickthem wrote:

steve homes loves the drunk TA he has his head up his ass

It's not necessarily a bad thing to have Steve working cooperatively with the drunk TA.  I see it as a way to pull the power out of Jane and Brenda's hands.  The TA would be wise to realize that Cara, Steve and Walter (Why is it we always call him by his last name?) have the potential to be on the BOS longer than the other two.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com