#1 2010-06-29 21:49:17

Library search committee and TA want the Lawrence Library director to be the Wareham Library Director.

Wow.  What a shock (note sarcasm).

#2 2010-06-29 22:06:34

Did I miss some program for Wareham to employ everyone from Lawrence?

#3 2010-06-30 06:33:04

A COMMITEE WAS FORMED BY ANDREWS TO RUBBERSTAMP HIS APOIMENT OF HIS FREIND FROM LAWRENCE  ,IT WAS FORDAINED THAT SOMEONE FROM LAWRENCE WOULD GET THE JOB, IS THERE SOME KIND OF EMPLOYMENT PLAN FOR PEOPLE FROM LAWRENCE TO TAKE WAREHAM JOBS AND THEY DONT EVEN MOVE TO WAREHAM, WILL THE HARBOR MASTERS JOB GO TO SOMEBODY IN LAWRENCE  WHO SAILS TOY BOATS IN THERE BATH TUB, I QUESTION I WIL BE ASKING NEXT YEARS  SELECTMEN CANDITATES  IS DO YOU SUPPORT ANDREWS STAYING  IN HIS  JOB. I PREDICT THAT THIS PERSON WILL GET 25 K OVER WHAT THE JOB CALLS FOR,    LAST NITE JANE AND BRENDA SHOWED THERE TRUE COLORS WITH LARREY  DOU YOU SUPPORT THE FREINDS , THE FREINDS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED BACK AT THE LIBRARY AS LONG AS BRENDA , JANE AND ANDREWS ARE AROUND AND THERE APOIMENT OF THERE FREIND  FROM  LAWRENCE WILL GUARANTEE THAT.

#4 2010-06-30 07:03:21

I think we need to give this person a chance. The library is in desperate need of unbiased leadership. I know the Friends are looking forward to working with the new director. For the 18 years that I have been a FWFL, we always worked well with the director and trustees. It would be great if this new director can help the library return to the great institution it was, and can be again.

As to the salary. Mary Jane Pillsbury was in charge of 15 employees. The new director will have SIX--two full time and four part time employees.  (And Mr. Andrews, $65 to 69,000 is NOT in my book, mid-60s!!!! Let's be honest.)

Didn't the past board of selectmen complain that the department heads were getting too much in salaries from some sort of subversive deals with Hartman? I can't remember those details, but I do remember the constant complaints about salaries. I'm just wondering where all the money is coming from in town for these new hires who are getting such high starting salaries that can ONLY go up and not down with future raises.

#5 2010-06-30 08:14:08

Ham of Peace here.

As a Ham of Peace, I agree we have to give her a chance.

The problem is, sometimes I think about changing my name from Ham of Peace to Nostrahamus, because like Nostradamus, my predictions of town government more often than not come true.

My prediction here, unfortunately, is that since this director and the TA know each other and have worked together, she'll abide by what he wants and not what's the best for the library.

If that's the case, then that means the Friends of the Library get forced out to the sidelines.

I hope she'll prove me wrong.

All I know is that the ridiculous and pathetic lies about the library need to stop.  Brenda owes the Friends an apology for the insults she made last night. 

She should resign immediately.  The April 2011 election can't come soon enough.  Every minute that woman sits in a selectmen's chair is another minute of embarrassment for Wareham.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-06-30 08:15:24)

#6 2010-06-30 08:22:57

I also want to point out the Hypocrisy of the Hypocrite Elite.

As Nora points out, MJP earned that salary and oversaw 15 employees.  This new director will only oversee two full time and four part time employees.

I'd point out further that the ugly slob from Halifax and his buddies whined incessantly that MJP was overpaid. 

Newsflash: MJP started working for the town in the 1970's and didn't even begin to approach the 60,000 range until after working for the town for a couple of decades.

They're starting out an out of towner at a salary that the previous director didn't reach until after many, many  years of working for the town.  But I don't hear any whines from the bagel muncher.

Unlike a certain newspaper reporter though, MJP didn't kiss Sweet Brucey's ass and call it ice cream.  A couple of years after her passing and that fat pantload still isn't over it.  Loser.

#7 2010-06-30 09:12:20

just did a goggle  search on her seems she does not have people skills and cant get along with her help and starting out at the top of the salery scale is insane ,when we are trying to nickle and dime are regular town employees ,are ran k and file town employees.

#8 2010-06-30 10:02:32

Just to clarify...we can expect the new library director to earn in excess of 70K...Andrews stated "incentives" will be a part of her salary..so starting from the upper 60's..she's likely to earn a bit more..and yes..all too predictable that this candidate would be hired. Of course give her a chance (do we have a choice?)

Little Merrimack Valley by the Sea..

TBW
P-SPAN

#9 2010-06-30 11:43:37

I GUESS THE TOWN SHOULD HAVE PLENTY OF MONEY TO GIVE TO THE EMPLOYEES THAT HAVENT HAD A RAISE IN FOUR YEARS THEN.

#10 2010-06-30 12:14:04

I also did a quick search trying to find out a little more about our new library director, Maureen Nimmo..I found this list of Lawrence's city officials from '09..I find myself wondering how many more friends does Andrews plan on giving jobs to...Maybe we're going about this the wrong way..Best to make friends with our TA..anyone of us could be in need of a job in the future..

CITY OFFICIALS

Mayor
Michael J. Sullivan

City Council Members: 
 Councillor at Large Frank A. Moran
 Councillor at Large Nilka I. Alvarez-Rodriguez
 Councillor at Large Roger A. Twomey
 District A Patrick J. Blanchette, Council President
 District B Grisel Silva
 District C Jorge A. Gonzalez
 District D Nicholas J. Kolofoles, Council Vice President
 District E David C. Abdoo
 District F Michael P. Fielding

City Clerk/Election Department William J. Maloney, Esq.
Police Chief John J. Romero
City Attorney Charles Boddy, Esq.
Fire Chief Peter Takvorian
Public Works Director Frank McCann
Commissioner of Inspectional Services Myles Burke
Personnel Director Anne Randazzo, Esq. (Acting)
Planning Director Michael Sweeney, Esq.
Budget and Finance Director Mark Andrews
Comptroller David Camasso
City Treasurer/Tax Collector Patricia M. Cook
Chairman of the Board of Assessors Alex Vega 
Chief of Staff Nora Carroll
Director of Community Development James Barnes
Council on Aging Director Bernard J. Reilly
Director of Economic Development Thomas Schiavone
Information Technology Department  Bryan Cahoon
Airport Director Michael Miller, Esq.
Library Director Maureen Nimmo
Licensing Commissioner Richard Fielding
Purchasing Department Director Carolyn Traficanti
Recreation Department Director Linda Schiavone
Superintendent of Schools Wilfredo T. Laboy
Director of Veteran Affairs Francisco Urena

keep this list handy..

TBW
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-06-30 12:14:34)

#11 2010-06-30 21:52:00

Brenda made a comment last night about maybe the bloggers should stop blogging. Brenda why don’t you stop making negative comments about the Friends every chance you get.

I think we should give the new director a chance. She applied for the job she must have known about all the in fighting. If she didn’t I’m sure Andrews filled her in on the hostile environment. She’s going to be pulled in all directions. Brenda, Marcia and Jane will do all they can to influence her. I really wouldn’t want to be in her shoes right now. I think we should give her a chance. She has to be better than Marcia.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com