#1 2010-05-26 21:37:19

http://www.splatt.com.au/photos/hats/moviehats/indiana_jones.jpg

For the record, this guy was a Dr. Jones too.  He had two doctorates, one in Archaeology and one in Nazi Ass-Kickin, but he didn't mind it if you only called him Indiana.

#2 2010-05-26 22:06:51

Nothing defines Mick Jones better than his, "Do you know who I am ?", remark last night.  It was, in a word, tacky.  PhDs who insist on being called "doctor" in situations outside of their academic discipline tend to be insecure bullies. 

What was pounded into me last night is that we must maintain a presence at the continuing CRC meetings.   Talk about "credibility gaps" !!

#3 2010-05-26 22:18:46

Excellent, Mr. Wheeler!

#4 2010-05-26 23:17:36

If I may...  what EVERY member of the BOS missed last night is , as per the Charter, that the CRC "shall make their recommendation (s) (if any) at the FIRST ANNUAL TM ending in zero".  As I observed Article 25, they made their recommendation and failed miserably.  The Charter does NOT provide (allow) for a second chance.  If they (members) truly want to propose change to the Charter, then they can petition an Article for the fall TM like the rest of us.
Kudos to Mr. Cruz and Mrs. Winslow for recognizing that their service is complete.  Time to disband regardless of their "official" appointed term.

For the record,  it was the Chairman of the CRC (Sir Slavin himself) that misrepresented to the TM body last year that they (he and his cohorts) were "studying" the Articles proposed in the warrant.  He lied. See their meeting minutes prior to May 11, 2009.  He does not follow protocol and CANNOT be trusted with any decision making efforts on behalf of Wareham.
I've tried to believe that he wants whats in the best interest of OUR community but his actions have evidenced otherwise.

#5 2010-05-26 23:23:03

Selectmen have "fired" and "released" other appointees, so I don't understand Jane's comment that they can't un appoint people.  Release them!

#6 2010-05-27 00:31:39

The CRC members' terms actually don't expire until November 2010, so Mrs. Donahue is correct that the BOS can't remove them (absent cause).

The question remains whether they have any legitimate remaining business after they fulfilled their responsibilities by submitting

"a report, with recommendations, to the first annual town meeting that ends in zero, concerning any proposed amendments or revisions to the charter which it believes to be necessary or desirable."  Wareham Charter, Article VII, section 1(b).

I would say no, because the Charter does not specifically call for additional reports to be submitted to subsequent Town Meetings.  But since there apparently has been a tradition of permitting such additional reports, I can at least understand the argument for the CRC to continue until the expiration of their terms. 

After that, I believe that the Selectmen would be exceeding their authority to continue the CRC by making any appointments or re-appointments to it.

Last edited by Petethemeat (2010-05-27 00:40:01)

#8 2010-05-27 14:11:09

THE FUNNIEST PART OF SHORTY WAS WHEN HE YELLED AT MARION, "YOU CALL HIM DOCTOR JONES."

#9 2010-05-27 21:55:55

doctor ,DOCTOR DOCTOR ,DOCTOR  ,PAGEING  DOCTOR JONES.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com