#1 2010-05-20 13:05:16

I WAS WRONG....

I THOUGHT THAT THE ELECTION OF TWO NEW SELECTMAN TO START TO MOVE WAREHAM FORWARD. I DONT BELIEVE IT CAN. I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT DONAHUE AND ECKSTROM WOULD HAVE LISTENED TO THE 4000 PEOPLE WHO ELECTED HOLMES, THE 3800 PEOPLE WHO ELECTED WINSLOW, THE 1000 OR SO PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR DEFELICE (AGAINST THE INCUMBENTS) WOULD HAVE LISTENDED, BUT OBVIOUSLY THEY HAVE NOT. JANE AND BRENDA HAVE BEEN AND WILL CONTINUE TO SABOTAGE THE NEW SELECTMAN, KEEP THEM FROM OBTAINING INFORMATION, AND TRY TO BLOCK THEM AT EVERY STEP. THEY HAVE THE TA ANDREWS IN THEIR BACK POCKET. YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT ANDREWS WOULD HAVE LISTENDED. ANDREWS HAS LIED ON TAPE. HE IS ALIENATING THE TWO SELECTMAN. THIS IS NOT MOVING WAREHAM FORWARD. I HAVE BEEN ON THE FENCE ABOUT A RECALL. I BELIEVE NOW THAT AT THE LEAST WE SHOULD RECALL BRENDA. WAREHAM CANNOT WAIT TILL NEXT APRIL. IT JUST CANNOT. I BELIEVE THAT BRENDA SHOULD BE RECALLED IMMEDIATELY. THE REASON I DONT ENCOURAGE THE RECALL OF JANE IS BECAUSE SHE IS CAPABLE OF GETTING 1500 VOTES WITHOUT MUCH TRYING. AND SHE WILL TRY HER HARDEST IF SHE IS RECALLED AND WE MIGHT NOT GET A POSTIVE RESULT. BRENDA IS THE WEAK ONE WITH LOTS OF BAGGAGE AND NUMEROUS REASONS WHY SHE SHOULD BE RECALLED. I DONT KNOW WHO THE PERSON WAS THAT HAD AN ACTIVE WEBSITE FOR WAREHAMRECALL09 BUT THAT PERSON SHOULD BE MOVING TO START A RECALL ASAP. BRENDA HAS NOT LISTENDED TO THE VOTERS AND WE CANT TAKE THE NONSENSE ANYMORE. BRENDA MUST GO. WAREHAM CANNOT START TO HEAL WITH HER STILL ON THE BOARD. I IMPLORE EVERYONE TO START THIS CAMPAIGN NOW. WE NEED A STRONG CANDIDATE WHO WILL STEP UP AND BE HEARD. PLEASE WAREHAM CANNOT TAKE NO MORE.

#2 2010-05-20 13:37:22

AND THE FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS SHOULD BE FINDING A DIFFERENT TA. ANDREWS HAS TO GO. I URGE WINSLOW, HOLMES, AND CRUZ TO NOT RENEW HIS CONTRACT. IF HE IS PULLING THIS TYPE OF CRAP NOW JUST IMAGINE WHAT HE WILL DO AT THE BIDDING OF JANE AND BRENDA IF HE GETS A 3 YR CONTRACT.

#3 2010-05-20 13:42:37

IHS..you know I love you, but I must disagree with you about a recall.
You will have both of them gone in the next election, maybe sooner by resignation.
I believe that once you start seeing some 3 to 2 votes (which has already happened), you will see the Chairman and her cohort rendered completely useless.
Mr. Andrews hopefully will not be allowed to stay on, there will be new candidates for Town Administrator and Chief of Police and Library Director, etc.,etc., that will be interviewed through the right methods.
Public hearings, full disclosure (as allowed) by the BOS to the public, interviews that are public, and eventually appointments that are not only competent and  knowledgeable, but not pseudo-politicians and spinmeisters.
This will all be done by the three Selectmen that have intellects and business knowledge and sense. The other two will not exist, and as I said, will probably resign.
If not, they will pull "nutties" and act like the former Chairman and make complete asses out of themselves.
A recall would be divisive and not good for Wareham at this time. Let the Town continue to move together toward a common goal. A lot of work has to be done, and not much time to do it. If a recall takes place, it will alienate people in Town that would support changes as long as they are made aware of them. People do not want to feel excluded, and a recall can only be negative, not positive, in this case.
Bide your time, my friend IHS, continue to be reticent and educate and entertain us.
Meanwhile...do what you can to help your new Selectmen accomplish their jobs.

#4 2010-05-20 14:07:42

IHS:
Sadly I agree with you. I remember the recall in the 80's, it was one of the single worst experiences the town has had. The trouble is, the issues with the board that was recalled (four out of five) were far less destructive then what we see today.

I noticed tension between Andrews and Winslow on Tuesday night. What a shame that this man is allowing himself to be manipulated by anyone.

I do not know who a good canidate would be, but it is clear that Cruz, Donahue, Holmes and Winslow can at least work together. Brenda can work with no one.

#5 2010-05-20 16:04:37

IHS,

with the utmost respect, I must disagree with the bottom line you cited of having a recall. All of your points leading to your conclusion are valid, for sure. Yet, do they rise to the point of putting the town thru the traumatic experience that a recall election would be?

Let's look at the record.

1. Tremendous progress has been made at the Town Meeting level. this must be nurtured and developed further to make the TM an ongoing force in the governing of the Town. Would a recall election detract from that?

2. New Board. there has been a sea change in the Board of Selectmen. Time is required for the change(s) to settle in and become evident & productive. Would a recall election prevent and/or interfere with the normal development of the necessary inter-relationships on such a Board?

3. Fatigue factor. A recall campaign is just that: a campaign. Is the electorate sated with the events of the recent past, and in need of a break from it all?

4. Cost factor. The costs are in dollars, of course, which must be raised to support the campaign. But there are also costs in terms of time, personnel, etc. Is it too soon to expect citizens to bear these costs after the last election and TM votes?

5. Basic requirement. The entry threshold requires a very large number of signatures. Is there an organization in place to produce, submit & verify the required signatures?

6. Candidate. Is there a candidate geared up and ready to go in a recall election?

Look, I agree that both of them MUST go. And, the focus on Brenda is quite correct. If there is any doubt, please review the recent TM. Watch her speak. Check her body language. Examine her facial expressions. This writer is notaPsychoBabbleBullshitArtist, never trained with Freud, Jung, Adler or DR. Phil; But even I can see the disdain, disrespect and disgust flowing from her to the 'body'. You know, those "assholes".

Recall? no!

Vote 'em out? Yes!  Yes!   Yes!   A thousand times Yes!

Let me know what YOU think.

#6 2010-05-20 16:45:19

Read some of the Brenda quotes going after Janey at Tuesday night's meeting.  Grab your popcorn and 3-D glasses, people, the Hypocrite Elitists are turning on each other:

http://www.chemistryland.com/CHM107/Introduction/Audience/3dGlasses512.jpg

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-05-20 16:52:40)

#7 2010-05-20 16:55:13

and not only that.....

Here's some more stuff to contemplate.

1. Timing. Summer is here, shortly. Would most people rather work in a recall campaign, or go to the beach?

2. OK then, how 'bout Fall? Well, there is a State election this year, and signs both in Massachusetts (Scott Brown, governor's race) and around the country (Arlen Specter, Rand Paul, etc.) point to a very intense political season. And, there is a fall TM in Wareham, which no doubt will see more of the issues driving the debates in Town.

3. Well, if you are past summer & fall, it's winter (very good, Nota, go to the head of the class). The point being that you are now so close to April that a recall election becomes moot.

To me, the choice is made doing a risk/reward analysis. My cardiologist has me on Coumadin, generic name warfarin. Yes, warfarin is rat poison. Dr. _____ analyzed the risk of me being poisoned (by bleeding out, the mechanism which kills the rats) against the benefit of 'thinning' the blood to prevent clots ( I hate clots). To maintain this balance, I have to schlepp to the primary MD monthly for monitoring. This is analagous to the current choices. Recall v. April election. the rat poison that I ingest daily is scary stuff. but what is really scary is knowing that without it, the chance of a fatal blood clot is almost certain.

Go for the Recall and LOSE: guarantee Brenda's re-election in April, 2011.

Gear up a stong, steady 10+ month campaign to unseat the two of them: markedly increase the odds of success in dumping them in April, 2011.

There are no neat tidy answers. I would love to have a quick fix for this. Ain't no such animal.

Stay the course. Target April. Keep the pressure on.

That's my opinion. And, it can only be that: an opinion.

discussion?

Last edited by notalawyer (2010-05-20 16:57:33)

#8 2010-05-20 20:09:06

well ihs there does not seem that there are enpugh people supporting a recall , i suport a recall  THEN THERE HAS TO BE A HALF WAY MEASURE AND THAT IS FOR CARA , STEVE AND MR CRUZ TO SHOW MR ANDREWS THE DOOR , IF SOMETHING IS NOT DONE THEN BRENDA AND JANE AND ANDREWS WILL BE RUNNING THE TOWN TILL THE NEXT ELECTION.

#9 2010-05-20 20:12:08

You may not want a recall, but don't compare it to the 80s. These sins are FAR WORSE than the ones suggested then, and we are already divided.

Last edited by tmvoter (2010-05-21 00:56:31)

#10 2010-05-20 22:52:33

I submit that it's a healthy sign when a team that has just pulled off a great victory has a quick celebration and then gathers  together in order to talk about plugging the gaps in their offense and defense in order to be better prepared for the next big game.

If that isn't what's happening now, it's what should be happening now.

Although I fully understand where  IHL is coming from, I have to agree with the sage advice of  Nota and Dan...Not now.

There is no Quick Fix for a town that has been in a downward spiral for as long as this one has.  We've made a great start , but we've got to be a lot more cohesive in the next go-around because they're running scared....and you run better when you're scared.

I'm not as worried about Brenda as some of us are. She gives new meaning to the hackneyed adage about being your own worst enemy. Can you think of anything funnier than Brenda duke-ing it out with Chris Silva , Ken Fontes, and Geoff Swett ?   My hunch is that last Tuesday's  selectmen's meeting was the beginning of the Jane/Brenda break-up.  Instead of waging war now
with a recall, let's sit back and watch the civil war that broke out on Tuesday.
At the same time let's revive and expand our back channel communication.

#11 2010-05-21 07:34:14

To borrow a bagel biter phrase - "The Hypocrite Elite Civil War Has Finally Begun."

#12 2010-05-21 08:05:18

/

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-05-21 08:06:04)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com