#1 2010-05-03 19:25:31

WOW...Claire Smith, the very first woman elected as Moderator in Wareham's history is showing remarkable poise and professionalism.
Congratulations, Wareham, what a pick!!

#2 2010-05-03 22:02:08

I agree, she is doing fantastic!  I hope Johnny boy is taking notes on how things SHOULD have been done all those years prior!!  Go Girl!

#3 2010-05-03 22:10:53

I am ill this evening and was unable to attend, but I watched the TM from home.   I am so impressed by Claire Smith as our new Town Moderater.  Excellent job, I felt like I was "back" at an old town meeting.  Great job, Claire!

#4 2010-05-03 23:03:48

GREAT JOB CLAIRE,AND AS FOR CURLEY  HE IS DONE , GONE ,BYE BYE  CURLEY.

#5 2010-05-04 16:09:29

I missed most of the Town Meeting because the video and audio was so screwed up it wouldn't take on the computer...kept cutting out., etc.
Let me say this,...I don't know what happened with the procedural maneuver last night because I missed it and no one has full discussed it.
I know one thing, though...Claire Smith will take care of it..she should know never to trust anyone, even Town Attorneys.
I have been accused of being a liar because I said that if you vote for the Mayor form of government the School Committee would not be elected. Let me set this straight,..they will be elected, but as underlings of the mayor and his cohorts..they will no longer be autonomous.,and therefor, in my opinion, you lost the right to elect your School Committee members that are strictly autonomous and holding to no one but the voters.
Lots of smart people have no common sense.
Best of luck tonight...someone write a full account please because I am unable to pick up the broadcast sufficiently.
Thanks...

#6 2010-05-04 17:14:58

Section 5-1 (a)

The mayor shall serve , by virtue of office, as the seventh member and chairman of the school committee with all of the same powers and duties as the members elected by the voters as school committee members.

Section 5-5 

No expenditure for the design, construction of or alterations to a school building shall be made without the approval of the school committee and the mayor, and all contracts for the aforesaid shall require the signatures of the mayor and school committee.

#7 2010-05-04 18:50:05

Mr. Onset...great highlights on the school committee AND the Mayor.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com