#1 2010-05-01 06:46:07

BECAUSE THEY CAN BE SERVICED AT WAREHAM FORD KEEP JOBS IN WAREHAM , AND I HERE IT IS A GOOD POLICE CAR.

#2 2010-05-01 10:35:19

IHL - listening to Andrews at BOS meeting, he said vehicles were leased and have a service warranty included.  My wording may be wrong, but isn't this just for oil changes, etc. - small stuff?  If the engine blows next week on a cruiser, it would be taken care of/replaced by who?  I know when I bought a new car, if I had the oil changed by anyone but a dealer for Gen. Motors, they would no longer be responsible for anything happening that may have been "caused" by another person, including myself.  Do you know who is serviceing these vehicles?  Do we have to go to the place we leased them from for an oil change or are they just a lease service with no repair service?  Hiller Dodge in Marion is the closest dealer but someone I spoke to didn't think Hiller would be doing the servicing - he didn't know that for a fact, just a feeling he had.  Do you or anyone out there know what they are doing?  I felt Andrews was a little shifty answering Cara Winslow.

#3 2010-05-01 10:55:36

My understanding of the contracts with MHQ is they service all their vehicles. If a vehicle is damaged or needs some kind of repair they will come, pick up the vehicle, repair it and return it. Just recently I saw a MHQ tow truck with a UMASS Dartmouth security vehicle on it.

I do know some folks there and will do my best to get some information if they are able to give it to me.

#4 2010-05-01 11:03:33

I just spoke to a police officer from Wareham and I asked him.  He said that they are having their oil changes done at Meineke in Wareham.  He doesn't know that any have needed any other serviceing yet and doesn't know where it would be done.

So MHQ does its own repairs on site, I believe is what you are saying.  Thanks.

#5 2010-05-02 01:17:29

TBL

ihateliz, the Ford Police Interceptor based on the new Taurus platform will not be available until the end of 2012, almost two years away. The police had a choice to continue to buy the same dinosaur of a car that has been made for 20 years, or to go with a modern fuel efficient car. I think the right choice was made. Ford didn't get off their duff and design a better police cruiser until Chrysler got back into the police car market with the Dodge Charger.

#6 2010-05-02 02:06:38

TBL - don't think we have a problem with the Chargers for cruisers.  We would just like to know who is servicing them and what happens if major repairs are needed.  It sounds like they will be taken care of by MHQ.  I think that if this had been put in print or put out in detail at a BOS meeting there wouldn't be any concern.  No problem from me about what type of car was leased and I know they were needed years ago.  But, if we are paying for them as tax payers, the BOS or the Chief should have put this info out to the public even if it was in the article telling us that we got them.  The more we, the taxpayers know, the less we feel something is being kept from us.  If this was stated up front there wouldn't have been the questions now.  They are nice looking.  Enjoy them.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com