Meeting Agenda
7:00 PM – Room #320 Multi-Service Center, 48 Marion Road, Wareham Massachusetts

1. CALL TO ORDER BY CHAIRMAN
2. ROLL CALL
3. ANNOUNCEMENT
4. CITIZENS PARTICIPATION
5. TOWN ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT
6. CONSENT AGENDA

a. Authorization to sign bills and documents, etc.
b. Appointment/Interview to Council on Aging Board of Director.
c. Approval of Selectmen’s executive session meeting minutes of April 13, 2010.

7. TOWN BUSINESS

a. Handicapped parking request for the Spinney Memorial Library – 259 Onset Avenue.
b. Acceptance of the Wareham Police Department’s policies and procedures.
c. Any town business.

8. SEWER BUSINESS

a. Request to install water line under contract #2 – Change Order
b. Approval of old CDM bills.
c. Any sewer business.

9. LIAISON REPORTS
10. ADJOURNMENT
11. SIGNING OF DOCUMENTS APPROVED BY THE BOARD

#2 2010-04-27 20:32:26

I agree with Brenda!!! I can't believe it..

Hopefully the School Committee and Assessors meetings will be aired live by WCTV..
P-SPAN+..bring it.

May 3, 2010
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
P-SPAN

#3 2010-04-27 21:30:32

It would make the whole meeting go so much easier if Brenda would stop with the under the breath comments and overtalking when someone else is trying to discuss an issue. This idle chatter makes it extremely difficult to follow along when other members are trying to speak.   At the least, show some class when the chairman is addressing the audience, try and bite your tongue.  My last observation of the patty chatty at the end of the tables comment, "Madam Chair, if i may"  I believe you are "requesting permission" to verbally address an issue, not automatically get a free pass to just blabber on! What if the chair wanted to say NO? 
I know this is petty however its getting to be as annoying as "Ummmm, uhhhh, ummmm, uhhhhh, I thought, ummmm, uhhhhh, well whatevaaa......"

#4 2010-04-28 18:24:16

4/27/10

May 3, 2010
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-04-28 20:58:50)

#5 2010-04-28 20:15:25

When the whole meeting goes up, be sure to note that only one member of the BoS--Eckstrom-- voted AGAINST the request for a Handicapped Parking Space in front of the Spinney building.  Very interesting to watch and listen to her "reasoning" (yes, that's sarcasm!!). Zoning ok'd the variance, all the hoops were jumped through. If she was "confused" she could have abstained. But listen to her vote "No."  Against the handicapped.

#6 2010-04-28 20:56:35

Nora, that's because a while back she was on the committee that said the HP spot would be on the property, not on the street.  Didn't you see her looking through those papers for the lay-out plan?

So, Brenda and friends.  In 1977 the Town of Wareham set aside the Westfield property for basically, open space.

A few years ago, Brenda, your committee voted to place the HP spot ON the Spinney property.

Now, Brenda and company - In 2009, at Town Meeting, the voters of Wareham told the selectmen-----No change--keep Westfield as open space.  You and your cohorts got mad at us for voting to keep it as is and you had us vote on a non-binding referendum at the polls and now it is back for Town Meeting.

Well, how do you like the feeling that something that was voted on or approved by you, for the Spinney Library, has been voted down by your peers, years later?  You voted against a handicapped spot on the street because you were angry.  How sad is that!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com