#1 2010-04-06 00:34:25

I wasnt sure if this had been posted yet,  but its pointing out some issues with the poor leadership skills of our current Board of Selectmen.

I apologize for the title name mix up, it was Ms. Judith Rothman's letter.

http://wareham-ma.villagesoup.com/discu … years/1129

Last edited by wareham pride (2010-04-06 18:10:37)

#2 2010-04-06 11:30:27

Note to Bobo, she said she was threatened by the board, not worked for the town. Although she uttered it in the same sentence as what the board does to town employees, only an idiot like u would make a stupid connection.

...and attack a citizen!

#3 2010-04-06 13:54:14

Not quite commonPEACE.

Time for an English lesson.  This is what the tacky tabloid writer wrote:

"  The Observer has learned that a blog posted on-line yesterday on the Wareham Week web site by a member of the Take Back Wareham group contains a false claim that the Board of Selectmen have previously threatened the writer of the blog, who suggests she's a town employee.
    Michele Rose, who belongs to both the Take Back Wareham and Cara Winslow for Selectmen Facebook pages, wrote, in part, “I think the most significant issue that must be solved in this town is fear. If one works for this town, has a close relative that works for the town, is having financial problems, or is in anyway dependent on the good will of the selectmen, that person had better keep quiet. I know people who have been fired, who are afraid of being fired and who have been threatened, myself included, because they disagree with the selectmen.”
    According to Town Treasurer John Foster there in no record of an employee named Michele Rose. According to the Town Clerk’s office, Rose does not list the town nor the school department as her employer."

Ok, NOWHERE does Ms. Rose say the BoS threatened her. She said  " I know people who have been fired, who are afraid of being fired and who have been threatened, myself included, because they disagree with the selectmen."  So, she DISAGREES WITH THE SELECTMEN, she never said she was threatened by them!!! Simple and plain English. So the question to ask is, who threatened her? You might find the answer interesting.

In all fairness, Ms. Rose's use of parallel construction  could be a bit confusing. The "myself included" only refers to the "threatened" clause. But since most people don't understand the rules for parallel construction, only someone looking to try to discredit another person would misinterpret the writer's meaning based on a bit of sloppy grammar. And don't get me started on the tacky tabloid writer's sloppy grammar and bad spelling!!!!

Also, note that she says "If ONE works for this town...." not I WORK FOR THIS TOWN!!!!! And if you interpret using the word "one" as "suggesting she's a town employee"  you need to get a dictionary.  The word "one" is an indefinite pronoun meaning it refers to an unspecified being.  More simply, it is a synonym for "a person" as in "If a person works for this town." Again, plain and simple English.

So, once again, the tacky tabloid writer has written a lie for the mere purpose of sensationalism and to discredit someone he doesn't even know and who has never been a regular poster or letter writer. Talk about dirty politics.

Good advice for everyone: READ CAREFULLY before you put your foot in your mouth.

#4 2010-04-06 13:57:11

And here is Brenda's comment: "Selectman Brenda Eckstrom told the Observer she had never heard of Michele Rose before Rose attended Sauvageau's campaign event.
   "We have never threatened this woman. She has never come before the board to my knowledge. The first I ever heard of her was at Bruce's event. I have no clue what she's talking about."

Don't feel bad Brenda. You are not alone. The tacky tabloid writer doesn't have a clue either!!!!

#5 2010-04-06 14:00:52

He added to the first paragraph and Brendas comments AFTER I posted. Before the false claim was she worked for the town. But changing the story is routine for him.

#6 2010-04-06 14:19:49

Bobo's Bathroom must be busy today...

http://sallini.com/rumors/therumors/toiletoffice/toilet_office.jpg
Oh, right..that one's Sweet Brucey's..I always mix them up..

VOTE4CHANGE
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#7 2010-04-06 17:29:43

Let's all not forget Paul Shooter and his mystery writings..

#8 2010-04-06 19:33:33

People who spend more time destroying libraries than they do using them will always have poor reading comprehension skills.

Michelle Rose in comment on Wareham Week wrote:

I know people who have been fired, who are afraid of being fired and who have been threatened, myself included, because they disagree with the selectmen.

She said she knows people who have been threatened, herself included, because they disagree with the selectmen.  My interpretation is that she didn't say she was threatened by the selectmen themselves, only that her disagreement with the selectmen has caused her to be threatened by someone.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-04-06 19:34:26)

#9 2010-04-06 20:07:58

I agree Ham...but...what do we know?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com