#1 2010-04-05 13:48:10

I HEAR THRU THE GRAPE VINE  THAT THE CLASSLESS POLICE OFFICER TO BR FIRED AFTER THE ELECTION  IS ONE WAYNE SYLVESTER A  POLICEMAN IN WAREHAM FOR MANY YEARS  AND A  FORMER WAREHAM SELECTMAN , YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME ,  THIS MAN HAS DONE A LOT OF GOOD IN WAREHAM , HIS FATHER WAS A WAREHAM POLICE OFFICER AND WAS ON THE SCHOOL COMMITEE AND HIS MOTHER WORKED AT TOWN HALL IN THE SELECTMANS OFFICE , WHY ARE WE LETTING THESE CARPET BAGGERS MAKING SECESIONS LIKE THIS IN WAREHAM.                                WAYNE WAS A FORMER  POLICE DETECTIVE IN WAREHAM  WHO WAS DEMOTED TO A PATROLMAN ANOTHER DETECTIVE WHO WAS A SELECTMAN  DENNIS DAMATA WAS DEMOTED TO A PATROLMAN, AND ANOTHER CAPE VERDIAN WHO WAS A DETECTIVE WAS MR CORREIA , SO WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE WE HAVE TO CAPE VERDIANS DEMOTED FROM DETECTIVE TO PATROL MAN  AND  2 FORMER SELECTMAN DEMOTED TO PATROL MAN IS THIS RACISM AND GETTING EVEN? , I DON'T KNOW,  YOU DECIDE  BUT THIS SEEMS VERY SUSPICIOUS TO ME.

Last edited by ihateliz (2010-04-05 13:51:41)

#2 2010-04-05 13:53:49

Bobo, quick write a column about why the Super Chief is justified in this, we all know it isn't the BOS. No, they don't have this type of power! Hurry Bobo hurry! Then tell us why a man who has served this community longer then you have been eating bagels would deserve to be fired, I will start the popcorn now, this one ought to be real good!
I guess Super Chief didn't learn his lesson the last time he failed to follow Affirmative Action regulations. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
I am no fool!
I WANT A CIVIL SERVICE CHIEF TEST AND I WANT IT NOW!

#3 2010-04-05 14:12:32

After the election, some interesting information from a recent hearing will be coming out. It's too bad it doesn't come out before the election, but it will be in time to show the remaining selectmen had/have an agenda.

#4 2010-04-05 15:01:09

IHL, wow.  I honestly have to say that most police departments will bring in a patrolman to detective status.  My view on this, normally, would be to make every officer take a tour in the detective department, showing them what to do or not do at a crime scene, and give them a feel for the sleuth in them.

Wareham does rotate their detectives.  I know one Sgt. Detective asked to be put back on as Patrol Sgt., and I believe it was due to salary, hourly pay, that is what sticks in my mind.  I could be wrong on the reason.

Damata is a Sgt., so is Walsh and I thought Wayne was also.  I know that the end of the summer (?) of '09, they brought up patrolmen to detective and put detectives back on patrol.  I didn't hear any grumbling then but maybe there was.

Walter is a good cop in any position.  my opinion.  What makes anyone call Wayne Classless?  Has something taken place that we, John Q Public don't know?   Racism is a strong and damaging word.  I really hope that he is not let go unless there is a really good and truthful reason.

Damata and Sylvester were selectmen years ago.  I don't know why this board or chief would want Sylvester out now, to get even for him once being a selectman.

I don't see the "racism" here but will be listening closely for it.  As far as the Chief goes, he has one C.V. officer-patrolman, as tight and close as they can get!

Last edited by bornofwareham (2010-04-05 18:36:42)

#5 2010-04-05 15:20:18

I think I missed something. Who called this officer "classless"???

Edit: I just read the other thread and it says the tacky tabloid writer called him this. Where did he say that? I don't see it.

Last edited by Nora Bicki (2010-04-05 15:23:45)

#6 2010-04-05 15:24:09

Ah yes Karl Baptiste Bornof! I won't get into his closet full of skeletons but suffice it to say it does not give me the warm and fuzzies that Super Chief has such a great relationship with him!

#7 2010-04-05 16:32:13

NORA  HE SAID THIS IN HIS LAST PAPER THAT IS ALL OVER TOWN , I BELEAVE IT WAS IN HIS CRYSTAL BALL SECETION.

#8 2010-04-05 16:59:30

Nora Bicki wrote:

I think I missed something. Who called this officer "classless"???

Edit: I just read the other thread and it says the tacky tabloid writer called him this. Where did he say that? I don't see it.

Click

VOTE4CHANGE
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#9 2010-04-05 17:38:23

Looks to me that the only wrestling the Chief and I can do is over a donut...

#10 2010-04-05 18:41:53

FrogsRule wrote:

Ah yes Karl Baptiste Bornof! I won't get into his closet full of skeletons but suffice it to say it does not give me the warm and fuzzies that Super Chief has such a great relationship with him!

Funny how he was "on the outside looking in" while at work under Tommy Joyce.  Well deserved, may I add.  Now he is part of the "in crowd" of the chief.  Very scary.

#11 2010-04-05 19:02:28

IHATELIZ,  you are right.  Apparently during a past chief's tenure, the job performance of an officer made that officer eligible for a climb up the ladder to detective, with a pay hike.  This was incentive as you would have in any work force.  These officers WERE demoted with an appr. 20% pay decrease.

The Sgt. Det. asked to be put back on patrol for other reasons than money.

I believe you will find one more going down with Wayne but this would be a way to cut the word racism, if you get my drift.  This was in the rumor mill.

As I said earlier, I hate racism and even more than that, trying to cover up a racist  comment or action.

We have more to look forward to about this and I honestly can't blame this person for trying to keep his good name clean.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com