#1 2010-03-30 13:01:10

found this info on Stanley

North Andover Police Chief Richard Stanley is another prime example of who should not be in law enforcement. He was arrested in Reading for drunk driving after he returned from a MA Chiefs of Police Association barbeque. He claimed that he only had one cup of beer (must have been a huge cup! ) and he drove his unmarked cruiser into a railroad crossing barrier that was in the down position. He was lucky that he didn't get killed by the oncoming MBTA train. While he was being cuffed, stuffed, booked and tossed into a holding cell at Reading PD, he was flipping off the Reading cops, threatening to have them fired because they have the nerve to arrest a North Andover police chief, etc. Well, he was convicted of DWI, lost his license for a time and had a North Andover lieutenant drive him to and from work. The North Andover selectmen let him keep his job, but he had to publish a letter of apology to the citizens of North Andover in the local paper (Lawrence Eagle-Tribune). His "apology" was about as convincing as Tiger Woods' apology.

This is the same guy who refuses to issue anything but Class B LTCs to his applicants if they are not LEOs or employed as armed guards (LTC-A guard licenses are restricted to work only) and requires doctor's letters from all LTC applicants. When one of his rookie officers was arrested for DWI in Haverhill, he read him the riot act and canned him on the spot. He showed no mercy, even though mercy was shown to him for his own DWI conviction. This toolbag is now moonlighting as a part-time chief in Wareham and is planning his retirement. I am sure the folks in North Andover will be happy to see him go

#2 2010-03-30 13:11:23

look deeper, deeper deeper, and recent !!!   You will be shocked, it will make the Library director they hired for a day look like a boy scout.

#3 2010-03-30 13:14:47

brenda who has dwi herself and confirmed  acholic herself PROBRLY CANT TYPE, SHE ALSO HAS FOUND FAULT WITH PAYING THE SCHOOL SUPERINDENDANT ABOUT 150 K  AND THINKS HE SHOULD GIVE THE MONEY BACK BUT SEES KNOW PROBLEM WITH PAYING A NEW CHIEF 180K AND THE WAY TO GO MARNEY ARE NEW GOGGLE EXPERT.

#4 2010-03-30 13:17:12

Marny:
It would be helpful to those of us who are google inept if you could post the link of where you found this information. By the way, a LTC is a constitutional right and cannot be denied unreasonably, when mine is up for renewal I will drain my retirement account to sue anyone who tells me I can't carry a weapon because I am a lowly warehouse worker. What an ass.

#5 2010-03-30 13:21:42

Well, you have got to hand it to the BoS for consistency. They consistently go for the ones with character flaws,  past run-ins with authorities, or deficiencies in their resume. Could it be that some members of the BoS see kindred spirits in these less-than-top-drawer candidates? Nice catch, Marny.

And Tesno754 (or is it 457onset - I get so confused), you have certainly piqued my curiosity. At the time that this all began with stanley, there were some very strong comments in the Lawrence paper in this regard. Were they trying to tell Wareham something? Will do some research later, after checking a little water problem. Hey!, at least it ain't snow.

#6 2010-03-30 13:35:09

FrogsRule wrote:

It would be helpful to those of us who are google inept if you could post the link of where you found this information.

RFWAVELENGTH : 03-03-2010 09:30 AM : northeastshooters.com

Scroll down to response #6.

#8 2010-03-30 13:57:02

Ah, my fellow peacebloggers I have been inspired and have a link for you, North Andover settled with the state for failing to hire minority officers under, yup you guessed it, our very own 2 day a week Chief. Read it and see for yourselves:
http://www.eagletribune.com/archivesear … _247093828

I LOVE GOOGLE!

#10 2010-03-30 14:38:26

I found 4 different complaints against Stanley for not hiring minority Police Officers, and there have been many complaints at Civil Service abut his attitude concerning minorities that work for him.
So...if you are darker than an old white Irish-man like me, you had better not expect anything if he becomes Chief except to be working Midnight to 8 A.M. in Swifts Beach.
Drunks, punks, roaches, thieves,scumbags...what a great slate of elected and appointed officials!!

#11 2010-03-30 15:30:31

look closer to home.

#12 2010-03-30 15:41:06

I know what you are talking about Tesno, it will surface.

#13 2010-03-30 15:53:17

Tesno and Larry it really bugs me when you guys do this. If you know something please share. Maybe the BOS doesn't know and I think they will probably announce his appointment tonight. I did find one other thing but the charges were dismissed so I didn't post it.

#14 2010-03-30 16:17:24

and

Last edited by ihateliz (2010-03-30 16:24:23)

#15 2010-03-30 19:19:51

clean out your in box marny.

#16 2010-03-30 19:21:10

Too late.  According to sweet Brucey based on Chief Stanleys "history" (which he probably hasn't checked out fully) they are preparing to hire him on full time as soon as possible.  When will they learn?  Next Tuesday I hope will be the beginning of the learning period for them all.

#17 2010-03-30 19:33:29

Stanley truly a "train wreck"!!

#18 2010-03-30 20:58:11

I meant to ask this question.
I was speaking to a friend of mine here, who is a cop, and I told him that apparently the local court in Plymouth County, or a local Judge, makes convicted wife beaters wear shirts that say, "I am a wife beater".
I saw a man wearing one when I was down there. Of course when I said to my friend," I saw a guy wearing a wife beater shirt.", he laughed...we see that every day. Wrong type of shirt.
Not long ago, a wonderful Judge down here made convicted DUI drivers place a bumper sticker on their cars that read, "I have been convicted of DUI".
Is there such a law or order  by the Court there? We looked it up on his computer, but couldn't find one. Great idea, though.
He is going to pass it on to the Court and see if any Judges agree.
The guy was a white guy, kind of paunchy, as they said in the movie "Fargo", "He was a funny lookin' fella."
Any ideas?
Anyone?

#19 2010-03-30 21:26:53

Larry in box is now cleaned out.

#20 2010-03-31 15:09:45

Another story about your new "Super" Chief. I will be writing more soon, after I am able to think rationally after my visit and the disgust I feel for those who have ruined Wareham.
I had breakfast in Onset. I am known in the Cape Verdean community, and I saw many old CV friends. One man was 90 years old and remembered me.
I will relate to you what was related to me. I can't prove this, but I am sure you can once I give you this information.
Awhile ago, not long ago I understand, there was an arrest made at the White Pines Motel on Cranberry Highway. A warrant was served on a black man who was holed up with a white woman. The Super Chief was there during the warrant service, I imagine because it was a big bust and would look good in the papers.
When the cops arrested the black guy and took him out-side, Super Chief allegedly said, "Get that nigger out of here."
The girls was inside naked and they took her out into the cold air the way they found her. No blankets, clothes etc. Supposedly the Super Chief laughed at her.
I wasn't kidding about my above post when I said you had better be Lilly white to be a cop.
I can't prove it, but I know that the owner of the motel made a complaint, and the girl that was arrested complained, was sent to your new TA, was told they would take care of it, came back and was told no one knew what she was talking about.
I believe there is a suit on the way.
In the meantime, someone please talk to the motel owner, get the police reports, and find out about any complaints that have been filed.
Just thought I would let you know. April 6 TH is coming quickly. There are enough problems without having a man that can cause a rift in a very important community.
PEACE OUT!!

#21 2010-03-31 19:16:31

North Andover delays action on police chief
The Boston Globe
Dean K. Wong, Contributing Reporter
May 2, 1993

The North Andover Board of Selectmen voted yesterday to delay possible disciplinary proceedings against police chief Richard Stanley after Hampton, N.H., police cleared him of involvement in an altercation there.

The selectmen called the special meeting after hearing reports that Stanley, 36, and some fellow officers were involved in an early-morning assault at Hampton's La Bec Rouge Restaurant April 21.

Neither Stanley nor James Preston, 34, of Hampton, the reported victim of the assault, could be reached for comment late last night.

Martha Larson, chairwoman of the North Andover Board of Selectmen, said that although the investigation is still ongoing, Hampton police had determined [Richard Stanley] was not an active participant in the altercation.

Stanley, North Andover's police chief for the past six years, came under scrutiny by the board after his conviction last year for drunken driving. Stanley faced the drunken-driving charges after being stopped in Reading in July. He had his license revoked and was fined and given a year's probation.

As for the April 21 incident in New Hampshire, Hampton police Lt. Detective Philip Russell confirmed that an assault report was filed by the alleged victim on that date. Russell, however, declined to say whether Stanley was involved, and said he could reveal little information regarding the investigation pending it's completion. Russell said he expects to return a report to selectmen by the middle or end of this week.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-8225920.html

VOTE4CHANGE
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#22 2010-04-02 02:07:53

DAN AND PSPAN ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW ,

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com