#1 2010-03-29 20:12:24

Greetings Fellow Peacebloggers,

It is I, the Ham of Peace, here with some thoughts.

Peruse with me the coverage of the local Wareham press, will you?

Go to the Standard Times website and you see "Fire Rips Through Onset Warehouse" with a photo of the former Cranberry Spray warehouse on Cranberry Highway fully engulfed in a blazing fiery inferno.  You can read the story and even watch video.

Go to WarehamVillageSoup, and pretell, what is the headline of the day there?  Why....it happens to be "Early Morning Blaze Destroys Building at Former Ocean Spray Factory."  The story features several photos of the warehouse ablaze.

All ye travelers on the peace train, scheduled to pull into the peace station on April 6, please cast yon eyeballs upon the Wicked Local Wareham site.

What do you see?

The top story, "Fire Rages in East Wareham."  There's a heroic photo of a fire truck, two firemen high atop a ladder, high up in the air and right next to blazes of fiery hellish flames!  A firefighter on the truck operates the ladder and another fireman on the ground appears to be giving directions. 

And now....fellow travelers on the peace train...fellow peddlers of the peace bicycle....fellow marchers in the peace parade!!!!  I ask you, it is late Wednesday evening...feast your eyes on the site of He Who Wears Barracuda Jackets in July, and what do you see?

Do you see any fire coverage?  NAY!  Any mention of it?  NAY!  NO FIRE COVERAGE IN THE BOBO GAZETTE AT ALL!!! What, pretell, do you see?

Why, that same old tired, boring, done it a thousand times "Woe is Bobo, oh How I Have Suffered for My Love of Sweet Brucey, Please Vote for Sweet Brucey or My Heart Will Be Broken" column that he's re-written and regurgitated A BILLION TIMES!!!!!

Let us recap, peace bloggers!

WHAT EACH MEMBER OF THE LOCAL PRESS THOUGHT WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT STORY OF THE DAY:

Standard Times - The Fire

Village Soup - The Fire

Courier - The Fire

Bobo Gazette - Please Vote for Brucey!!!

I just think it is a bit hysterical that the whole theme of Bobo's latest column is how much he loves Wareham, but he couldn't find time today to cover a massive blazing inferno in Onset.

The building is a former Ocean Spray Cranberry building, so it had some history for the town in it.  That history's gone now.  It was a massive blaze, such that many departments from other towns had to be called in to help.  It was a 6 alarm blaze!  And it was in the town's commercial area, so it was a potential threat to surrounding businesses.  Cranberry Highway was shut down.  Power was shut down.  Our local firefighters, EMS, police, all should get a pat on the back. 

Standard Times saw the importance of the story.  Village Soup saw the importance of the story.  Wareham Courier saw the story.  Hell, even this blog sees the importance because the Ham of Peace is posting something about it before Barracuda Boy.

All of Wareham's Press Corps but one saw the importance of the story.  Bobo, however, while he didn't have time today in his busy schedule to cover this story, he did of course manage to find the time to make a campaign pitch for His Royal Bruceyness.

Sorry Bobo...you wrote a column about how much you love Wareham, but you couldn't be bothered to get a story about a fire that almost burned down a large section of it.  Pretty much negates your column's premise.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-03-29 20:22:39)

#2 2010-03-29 20:13:32

And someone set a stop watch.  Let me know how long it takes for Bagel Boy to slap a lousy pathetic paragraph together after reading this.  I bet 5-10 minutes.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-03-29 20:13:52)

#3 2010-03-29 20:13:48

He was waiting for them to post their stories, so he can cut and paste a story of his own.

#4 2010-03-29 20:31:40

After being up late last night writing his "I love Brucey" story his blood sugar dropped low to the point he was only semi-conscious and thus missed the whole story.

#5 2010-03-29 20:45:06

el BoBo is  a "Homer", someone who shows blind loyalty to a team or organization, while ignoring any shortcomings or faults they have.

This is OK in a sportscaster, Ex. Johnnie Most for the Celtics.

but, this precludes any chance that the homer can be a journalist, sports or other wise. Certainly not in a political arena.

So, it is hardly a surprise that the out-of-town "homer" missed the big story of the day. Too busy on his next sycophantic screed in support of the Brucie.

that's why the lackey is a "homer", and can only dream of being a real journalist.

You can send this poor, pathetic, puerile excuse for a "homer" right home to the pottie in Halifax.

VOTE4CHANGE

APRIL 6, 2010

TAKE BACK WAREHAM....and ditch the 'homer'.

#6 2010-03-29 20:52:23

OK about a half hour since the posting of the Ham of Peace and Bobo has slipped in a teensy weensy miniscule paragraph about the fire containing information obtainable from the press' actual reports. 

Thank you Bobo, we appreciate you dropping your pumpernickel for 5 minutes to write a few sentences about the enormous several stories-tall inferno that engulfed a large section of the town that you cover last night.

#7 2010-03-29 22:55:12

notalawyer wrote:

Ex. Johnnie Most for the Celtics.

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#8 2010-03-30 10:59:54

I love how the main photo on every other newspaper site is a photo of a gigantic flaming inferno, but if you go to Bobo's site, the main photo is a photo of Bobo.

Oh God, that pretty much sums up Bobo's journalistic abilities right there.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-03-30 11:07:47)

#9 2010-03-30 11:14:16

The new slogan for his failing newspaper is, "If it ain't about Bobo, it ain't news".

or

"24/7 Bobo news"

or

"it's a Bobo-a-thon"

#10 2010-03-30 14:37:32

What fire?? There was a fire?? I get all my news from "Man of the Year" (and let's face it..every year)...Pulitzer Prize hopeful Bob(o) "the RagMan" Slager..

But while I'm here I'll ask..Hamratron500?? How come you "pick" on the grate humanitrarian of our time..one, Bruce "the Sweet One" Sauvaageau all the time..I also feel your joovenile attacks on this piller of Wareham to be HIGHLY offencive..someone should report you to someone else..or at least sew you. You should be band from the town!! I don't actualy live in Wearham..I just realy think you shood Grew Up!

Sinserly,
P "the enlightend one" Span (TinHatter in Training)

VOTE4NOCHANGE
KEEPWAREHAMTHESAME
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-03-30 14:56:51)

#11 2010-03-30 14:41:05

Very well written in TFH....you learn well, little grasshopper!!
Maybe the troll will hire you as a reporter....you can call your self "Piddle Shooter".

#12 2010-03-30 16:58:49

looking for slogans?

"all BoBo, all the time"

"All the news that BoBo sees fit to print"

"BoBo news - unfair & unbalanced" (a little about me, a little about Brucie; a little more about me, a little about Brucie; much more about me, a little about Brucie; way too much about me, forget Brucie)

#13 2010-03-30 17:48:57

Not a slogan but a title: Bobo's Blow-Boy!!

#14 2010-03-30 20:21:27

Well maybe ragboy was a no show because it would be to tempting to throw all of the trash in his van into the fire.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com