#1 2010-03-27 16:38:09

What's the rush? When was the test? Are we hiring the guy who told the North Andover Board of Selectmen he wouldn't be a candidate?
check out: www.warehamvillagesoup.com

#2 2010-03-27 16:42:02

Anne Eisenmenger wrote:

(Sauvageau)..did not elaborate and, approached after the formal session, declined to talk about when an announcement would be made, whether a new chief had been selected, or how an appointment could be made to a Civil Service position without first holding the Civil Service chief's examination.

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-03-27 16:43:11)

#3 2010-03-27 19:39:48

WHY IS STANLEY SLEEPING AT THE DONAHUE HOUSE A LOT, DONT YOU THINK STANLEY THAT THIS IS UNETHICAL.

#4 2010-03-29 08:31:03

By: robertslager on 3/28/10
I can't discuss the details here, but there will be two big announcements over the next few days. Stay tuned.

By: robertslager on 3/28/10
I will drop a hint on one of them. Special Counsel for the selectmen will be making a detailed presentation on Tuesday. I am very much looking forward to it.

#5 2010-03-29 08:50:00

ihateliz wrote:

WHY IS STANLEY SLEEPING AT THE DONAHUE HOUSE A LOT, DONT YOU THINK STANLEY THAT THIS IS UNETHICAL.

The crypt keeper is lonely?

#6 2010-03-29 09:52:32

Isn’t it nice to know that our selectman are giving information about what is happening in town to Bobo before giving it to the people who live in Wareham and actually pay taxes in Wareham.

#7 2010-03-29 13:58:27

DOESNT SEEM TO BE ON THE AGENDA

#8 2010-03-29 14:42:10

STALEY WILL GET 175K A YEAR AS POLICE CHIEF ,  YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME , CHIEF JOYCE WAS GETTING ABOUT 90K  , WE ARE GIVING THIS GUY ABOUT TWICE WHAT THE FOMER CHIEF RECEIVED , THE SELECTMAN WE HAVE NOW COMPLAINED THAT ARE OLD DEPT HEADS WERE GETTING TO MUCH BUT YET THEY ARE PAYING THE PEOPLE THAT THEY HIRE MORE THAN THE PEOPLE THEY REPLACE ,THE FORMER POLICE CHIEF WAS DENIED FUNDING  FOR THE POLICE DEPT SO THEY MAID HIM LOOK BAD AND YET THEY GIVE THE NEW POLICE CHIEF MORE THINGS LIKE POLICE CARS  , BOUGHT ON CREDIT CARDS , COME ON NOW WHY THE RUSH TO HIRE HIM BEFORE THE ELECTION , THE NEW BOARD SHOULD MAKE THIS DECESION,AND THE FACT THAT HE IS BUNKING AT THE CRIPT KEEPERS HOUSE IS A MAJOR CONFLICT OF INTEREST,    I THINK THIS MAJOR DECESION HAS TO BE REVIWED BY  THE NEW SELECTMAN AFTER THE ELECTION , ARE THE SELECTMAN  NUTS , THE TA WE HAVE NOW MAKES ABOUT 110K  AND I AM SURE HE WILL WANT 200K   COME ON FOLKS THIS IS INSANITY.                                                THIS STUPID SELECTMAN BROCTON BRENDA COMPLAINED THAT ARE SCHOOL SUPERINTENDANT MADE ABOUT 150 K AND SHE SAID HE SHOIULD NOT TAKE THIS MONEY ,YET HE RECEVIED A PROMOTION , YET THIS SLIMBALL BROCTON BRENDA VOTES TO GIVE STANLEY 175 K  , WHAT A HIPOCRIT , THESE ASS HOLES ARE BANKRUPTING US AND IF I HEAR THAT EVANS AND PEROLA ARE LAID OFF TO PAY HIS SALERY I WILL BE SUPER PISSED ,  STANLEY HAS BEEN AT BRENDAS HOUSE BY THE WAY HAS THE TA MOVED TO WAREHAM OR MOVING TO WAREHAM IS ONLY A REQUIREMENT FOR THE OLD  GUARD , 175K IN WAREHAM FOR A POLICE CHIEF IS ANSINE , VOTE THE INCUMBANTS OUT AND REVISET THE DECESION TO  HIRE STANLEY AT 175 K , WE AS A TOWN CANT AFFORD IT.{

#9 2010-03-29 14:45:53

DOES  STANLEY

Last edited by ihateliz (2010-03-29 15:34:28)

#10 2010-03-29 14:52:18

AND STANLEY WILL RETIRE FROM HIS OTHER JOB AT 80% PAY AND WITH THIS 175K ,WILL HE HAVE A CHAUUFER DRIVE HIM TO WORK.

#11 2010-03-29 16:17:56

Maybe he could use his 175k to help pay for the lease on the new police cars.

#12 2010-03-29 16:26:51

So let me get this straight, the whole argument for paying him such an astronomical salary is because he is going to oversee the Harbormaster and EMS correct?
Well let's figure that Parola and Evans each make $65,000.00 and it may be lower or higher but an average, the total saved from these salaries is $130,000.00 add in the $90,000.00 from Joyce and we have $210,000.00, so in the end we save $35,000.00 and have no real department heads to be there every day making sure thing run smoothly.
Smart move! These spent more on a street name and they think the community is going to be happy about this?
I think Stanley is a great guy and if he wants the job (even though he said he didn't and wouldn't apply but that was before the little beating death incident I believe) then have at it, but it shouldn't be at such a high salary and we shouldn't be removing two dedicated employees.
Just my opinion Bobo!

#13 2010-03-29 16:31:35

Shouldn't there have been a chance for some public input for such a big decision?

#14 2010-03-29 17:21:26

I have question. Shouldn't this job be posted? Stanley was hired as a part time chief. Did we ever post the job for a full time police chief?

#15 2010-03-29 18:08:33

they are above the law, they  think they have a mayor form of   gov.

#16 2010-03-29 18:18:19

Questions, so many questions. And with this malfunctioning BoS, a paucity of answers.

Ham...you know damn well that there should have been significant opportunities for public input regarding the major change which appears to be forthcoming. Just one more reason to vote'em out. It is beyond time to end the back-room dealing and closed-door approach to governing that pervades the thinking of this group of miscreants.

Marny...of course, any such position SHOULD be posted, after the public input cited in my response to the Ham of Peace. You know, with particulars on minimum requirements for education & experience, etc. But NOOOOOOOO! the Back Door Men (and women) of your BoS CAN not, WILL not, and MUST not govern with the transparency that all citizens demand. Vote'em out.

IHL...I share your sense of anger and betrayal from the BoS. Who in their right mind wouldn't? Please let me redirect you on one point. If Stanley claims retirement from the Essex County Retirement Board (N. Andover would be part of the ECRB), he CANNOT accept the position we speculate about in Wareham. That is, without paying back the ECRB or limiting his hours to 19 per week, 960 per year. There are also rules about combined compensation, retirement plus subsequent work/pay. The more likely scenario is that he resigns (not retires) from the Town of NA, and TRANSFERS his retirement history to the Plymouth County Retirement Board. If the salary speculation is correct, then he will stay for three years, get his 3-year average way up, and THEN retire. That will put Wareham on the hook for a good chunk of his retirement. think the BoS will address that point?

As you all know, it doesn't pass the smell test. But then, it never does with this Gang of Four (still giving BoS member #5 a freshman pass; the one-year date is creeping up fast....).

#17 2010-03-29 18:49:54

THE WORD NOW ON THE STREET IS THAT STANLEY WILL  GET 180K AND THAT PEROLA AND HIS ASST GARY BUCKMISTER WILL BE LET GO AND THAT THIS IS HOW THEY PLAN TO GET AROUND CIVEL SERVICE TEST BY MAKEING STANLEY THE HEAD OF AN OVERALL  PUBLIC SAFETY DEPT.            ALSO YUNITIS AND TORRES  PLAN TO START THERE OWN LAW FIRM , KOPLLEMAN AND PAGE WILL BE LET  GO AND THEY WILL TAKE OVER DOING WAREHAMS LAW WORK INSTEAD OF KOPLEMAN AND PAGE , RUMOR HAS IT THAT BRUCE WILL GET A JOB WITH THIS NEW LAW FIRM FOR STEERING THE TOWNS BUSSINESS TO THIS NEW LAW FIRM,                                       NOTA LAWYER  YOUR RITE   STANLEY WOULD HAVE TO QUIT HIS OTHER JOB BUT AS YOU SAY HE WOULD GET A LARE RETIREMENT ON WAREHAMS BACK,,              ALSO THEY WOULD STICK  IT TO MRS PEROLA BY GETTING RID OF HER HUSBAND FOR VOTEING TO HAVE BRUCE NOT BEING CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD OF SELECTMAN A FEW YEARS AGO.

#18 2010-03-29 18:51:05

SlagerSlime:  "Special Counsel for the selectment will be making a detailed presentation on Tuesday"

Hickery Dickery Dock

The lawyers on the clock

The clock will run

'til they say done

Hickery Dickery dock.

Can't you see the Major-domo of micromanagement spending Monday & tuesday parsing every sentence, weighing every word, every nuance, debating every comma, Meanwhile, tick-tock, tick-tock......

Gotta make sure we hold on to our hard-won title, Brucie the Disingenuous.

Hickery dickery Dock

the lawyers on the clock

you have no say

just pay and pay

Hickery Dickery Dock

#19 2010-03-29 18:57:24

WE  WILL FIND OUT TOMORROW  THIS SMELLS  TO HIGH HEAVEN , NO WORD ON WHO WILL DO THE JOB OF THE HARBOR MASTER . OR DO THEY CARE , THIS IS OUR TOWN WE CAN NOT LET THIS CRAP GO ON ANY LONGER GET OUT AND VOTE APRIL  6 AND GET YOUR FREINDS OUT ALSO TO VOTE THESE CLOWNS OUT.   THIS NEW LAW FIRM WOULD GIVE BRUCIE ALL THE FAVORABLE RULEINGS THAT HE WOULD WANT AND WE CANT LET THIS HAPPEN,

#20 2010-03-29 22:55:18

Here is my question, if the job was never posted and applied for has a background check been completed? It is my understanding that all communities even when hiring internal candidates conduct such checks before making an appointment such as this. Do we know if Stanley has any experience with the duties performed by a harbormaster or EMS director?
The most important question is why, why when he said he had no interest in this job and would not be a candidate for it is he suddenly negotiating? I personally think he has done a fine job, but I am wondering what has changed and I am concerned that the incident in North Andover may be the reason?
I also wonder what is the rush? If we could wait until May to call for a civil service test let's just wait, call for the test and if the TA isn't happy with the applicants then let's think about Stanley. My biggest worry is that one person cannot do all these jobs and once again the serices will deteriorate.................

#21 2010-03-30 09:40:42

Those of you I met last week know my son's background. He was, as well as his associates, stunned that anyone would think that one person can do the job of a Police Chief, Harbormaster and EMS director.
As I explained to him, this is what happens when unqualified, uneducated, ignorant, myopic people without  sense of history are elected to the BOS.
Bottom line: STUPID!!
It won't work, and shouldn't be allowed to be done.
Bless you all and hopefully April 6Th will turn the tide.

#22 2010-03-30 12:16:01

Froggie  -  did you say "posted'? like with a job description and all that?

what does it matter, when you make up the rules on the fly. See: accountant, Town.

As I recall, Stanley made his "no interest" comment in regards to the position of Police Chief in the Town of wareham. Did he ever comment on his interest, or lack thereof, in the position of "SUPERCHIEF"? (my characterization) Wasn't the comment in the recent article that he was on VaCa & would have no comment?

You see....he fits right in with the disengenuous group, led by Brucie the Disengenuous.

#23 2010-03-30 12:33:58

and furthermore....

1. Where is the FinCom in all of this. there is no doubt that in most communities the FinCom would be screaming about such machinations. The Bos is doing an end run around multiple votes taken at Town Meeting(s). Can the BoS create a whole new department and staff WITHOUT going to town Meeting? Is the finCom in exile?

2. Speaking of staffing, you will no doubt hear that there is going to be a three gazinta one (I learned my 'gazinta' tables a long time ago) deal; as in one (1) Stanley replaces three (3) of the "dead wood" types. Really?

a. Will there be a new position in the police department, perhaps a Captain, for day-to-day supervision, etc.?
b. Will the Harbormaster be replaced by some "assistant to the Superchief"?
c. Will there be an EMS department "assistant to the Superchief"?
d. what about clerical staffing etc. for the new Superchief. can't have him typing all of those disengenuous press releases, now can we?

So, then: is it three gazinta one PLUS three?

3. Money. In the shell game that the BoS is playing (the pea is under which shell?), the key factor is the money, of course. Here again, where is the FinCom? there  will be transfers galore between now and June 30, the end of the fiscal year. Again, many of these transfers of funds will be overriding votes at Town Meeting. Look, TM can't anticipate every dislocation in budgeting ,more than a year in advance of occurence. Ex. variations in fuel costs for both transportation & heating. True. But, TM certainly did not vote to give the BoS carte blanche in manipulating budgets to suit their every whim.

4. There is a solution: Vote 'em out.

VOTE4CHANGE

aPRIL 6 , 2010

tAKE BACK WAREHAM......and lose the shell games.

#24 2010-03-30 21:33:23

as you all can clearly see wareham NEVER called for the CHIEF'S TEST!!!

Municipality  Exam Announcement/Poster
Attleboro
  Police Chief 7411

Bridgewater
  Police Chief 7342

Fall River  Deputy Police Chief 7344

Fitchburg  Deputy Police Chief 7345 - Exam Date: June 2010

Ipswich
  Police Chief 7487

Lynn
  Deputy Police Chief 7493

Natick
  Deputy Police Chief 7493

Orange
  Police Chief 7518

Plainville
Open Competitive - Police Chief 7563

Raynham  Police Chief 7402

Tewksbury  Deputy Police Chief 7349 - Exam Date: June 2010

Waltham  Deputy Police Chief 8005

#25 2010-03-31 08:57:18

Hmmm, it gets more interesting as the week goes on! :)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com