#1 2010-03-24 18:56:34

Mr defelice please consider stepping down. It's nothing against you personally but you did not have a great showing vote wise in your last election bid. Please don't let the unthinkable happen and split the vote and these crooks get back into power. A few hundred votes could do just that. While I give you credit I urge people not to throw their vote away and vote for the two strongest candidates.

#2 2010-03-24 19:54:08

I agree, and I think Mr. Defelice would be so respected and thanked for it that he would easily get on the board next Year.  It would be very rewarding to see him beat Brenda head to head after the way she has treated him and the rest of us.  Mr. Defelice I can promise you that if you had it in you to do this the people would know exactly why and you would have a good deal of the Holmes and Winslow support added with yours for the next election and win hands down. Again, please dont take it personally, we are just trying to make sure we give this town the best strategic shot at getting rid of these to incompetent fools we have running for re election.

#3 2010-03-24 21:13:20

Exactly I would love to see him and Brenda go head to head and would do Anything I could do to help him next year

#4 2010-03-25 21:56:05

A certain political group in town will change its name to Tacky Back Wareham ... People will never stop challenging me on things that I saw with my own eyes ... I will always laugh when people claim to be non-partisan after moderating a secret recall meeting ... I will never get Jack Silva mad at me ... I will always wonder just how much it costs to buy an election ... There will never be anyone who cares more about her community than Ellen Begley ... The lengths some people will go to kill the computer audit will always stun me ... Wareham will never have too many parades ... Frank DeFelice will be a coward if he drops out of the race ... Nan Miller’s next moderating job will be her first ... All hell will break loose next week ...

See frank, he's says you'll be a coward if you drop out. Why would he want you to stay in the race frank? The man hates you. He is trying to egg you on to stay and cost us the election. You won't be a coward frank you'll be a patriot.

#5 2010-03-25 22:08:38

Thanks for sharing IHS. Here is my crystal ball:
A certain rag will change its name, we are all hoping no one finds out what the new name is.
People who hide behind pay blogs aren't really challenging anyone.
I will always laugh when Slager claims to be a journalist.
Who is Jack Silva?
I will always wonder who is bankrolling Bobo.
There will never be anyone who cares more about their community then those of us who have lived here our whole lives.
The lengths some people will go to to keep the computer audit going will always stun me.
Wareham should not allow the BOS in another school parade, especially after the things they have said.
Frank DeFelice will not get out of the race.
Nan Miller will have a street named after her.
All hell will break loose next week, and the only people who will know are the ones who read the rag.

#6 2010-03-25 22:25:01

Frank, you're an awesome dude.  No one will ever like a man who yells directly at the back of the Cream Cheese Consumer's head more than me. That made you all aces as far as I'm concerned.   But he's had that incident stuck in his craw and whines about it all the time.  Why the sudden change of heart?  Now Bobo likes you all of a sudden?  He wants you to stay in the race so that he can have three more years of his pal Sweet Brucey.  Wareham won't survive three more years of Brucey rule.  It just won't.

It all comes down to the math.  Wareham is divided right down the middle and if last year's election is any predictor, it will come down to 100-200 votes.  We just can't have the votes split up.  Half the town will vote for the Brucey side.  Half the town will vote for the Anti-Brucey side.  It will come down to a couple hundred votes in the middle.

Be a hero, Frank, and put your support with the two strongest challengers, and people will not forget that next year.  If you be a hero now, then in 2011, it would not suprise me to see you as  the frontrunner to challenge Brenda.  People will not forget.

Frank, come on, you versus Brenda in a debate, you'll get off some witty one liners, she'll go into a tizzy, we'll put the whole thing on pay per view, donate the proceeds to the town, probably make enough to solve all the town's fiscal problems.

Be a hero, Frank!  Be a hero, Frank!  Everyone chant with me, be a hero, Frank!

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-03-25 22:31:57)

#7 2010-03-25 22:45:12

I'm a little uncomfortable asking someone to bail at this point..but the reality is, if I had three votes, Mr. DeFelice would get that third vote. It's as simple as that. I don't have three (but I will have two more in twelve and a half months)..I have to agree here.

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#8 2010-03-26 00:39:52

bump

#9 2010-03-26 00:43:03

TBL

I agree with the others here. Withdraw from the race Mr. Defelice. You will have it in the bag next year. If you stay in the race this year the incumbents may win and Wareham cannot afford that.

#10 2010-03-26 18:06:02

Add me to the list of people who will vote for Frank next time if he will do what is best for Wareham and drop out of the race now.

#11 2010-03-26 19:23:29

me too

#12 2010-03-26 19:32:43

ihateliz wrote:

me too

Me three.  It will be too bad if the Brucie gets back in because the votes need to be spread 3 ways.

#13 2010-03-26 20:27:31

The sad part is, with three good guys in the race, it is entirely possible that Wareham will give more votes against the incumbents than for them, and yet if the vote is split up too much, the incumbents will be able to run the town further into the ground for three more years.

#14 2010-03-26 20:47:41

Regardless of whether Frank gets out people will vote for him. He may get enough votes to ensure the incumbents get back in. That would be sad and one has to wonder why he didn't run for the housing authority?

#15 2010-03-26 21:18:05

FR, Mr. Defeliece's background would be wonderful for the housing authority, I think it would be a great chance to get all three in office if a write-in campaign could be brought together.  Housing is the "hot potato" in town so why not try to get everyone elected!!  There are three strong candidates running against two strong incumbents, if this were a tag team wrestling match I would say the chances are pretty good but this has turned in to a game of chess.

#16 2010-03-26 23:43:11

The most important thing I can say to everyone is VOTE April 6th. It is a bit late to worry about strategy, so encourage your family, friends, and neighbors to show up to the polls and cast their vote for whichever 2 candidates (for Selectman) that you want.

#17 2010-03-27 07:14:14

NO INCUMBANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 2010-03-28 14:07:47

IHATESLAGER wrote:

.   Robert Slager " Frank DeFelice will be a coward if he drops out of the race ..."

COWARD:  a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.

COWARD:  Robert Slager - one who is so frightened of losing the advertising revenue from the BOS that only lies and distortions are printed in his flyer.

#19 2010-03-28 15:21:40

slager you prited lies about defelice in the last election about him .

#20 2010-04-02 11:08:35

Frank Defelice has the most values and genuine heart of anyone i'v ever met and he would be the one to clean things up for this demoralized town. If everyone just voted for him instead of the others there wouldn't be an issue dropping out is not an option.

#21 2010-04-02 15:51:15

Steve Holmes is DEFINITELY getting one of my TWO votes..anyone who has met him (should have) noticed he speaks his mind, and is a man of integrity (Bobo smearing NOT a factor)..for my other vote, I'm "leaning" toward Ms. Winslow. She is very knowledgeable (IMO)...and would make a good Selectman. Mr. DeFelice, as I said before, would get my third vote (if I had three).. However, I know he has "solid" support, and this is shaping up to be what I was afraid of..three good candidates SPLITTING the vote..and allowing Sauvageau and Cronan a better chance, I believe, to be re-elected...and that is BAD news...either way, to quote bbrady "C'mon April 6!"

VOTE4CHANGE
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#22 2010-04-02 18:59:23

Values:
Would those values include calling people at Town Meeting Bozo's and yelling in someones face at a public meeting? I am no fan of Bobo, believe me you, but honestly I would vote for Bruce before I would vote for DeFelice! The devil you know is far better then the devil you don't.

#23 2010-04-03 01:28:50

FrogsRule wrote:

but honestly I would vote for Bruce before I would vote for DeFelice!

Frogs..I don't think I've ever read anything you wrote which I disagree with more than this comment..just sayin'

VOTE4CHANGE
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#24 2010-04-03 13:32:31

Just an opinion P-Span, my point is that actions speak louder then words. DeFelice's actions in public have not been civil, putting the word on a sign doesn't change anything. If I want uncivil leadership I would vote for an incumbent! A new bully isn't going to change a thing.

#25 2010-04-03 13:54:49

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/Booing.BoBo.2009-06-30-Tue-7-46-58-pm.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#26 2010-04-03 15:22:14

the picture above says a lot , slager would use it against him ,but he wants him in to split the vote and does not use it now , slager was not civel to him in the last election  , i will be sorley upset if our side does not win both seats , because we could not field just  2 canditates ,we have to get out a massive vote then that will overcome having 3 canditates , i can not bear the thought of haveing even one of these crooks winning.

#27 2010-04-03 16:23:12

Isn't that Slager himself in that picture, right in front of DeFelice? I bet even that close to the action, he still wrote down the wrong quote!

#28 2010-04-03 16:29:23

FrogsRule wrote:

..actions speak louder then words..

That's my point also. As far as I know, DeFelice has yelled at Bobo..okay, I think Bobo deserved a good scolding. I hope he could handle it, though it seems to have "stuck in his craw"...and I've heard people say DeFelice called someone a "Bozo" at TM..I don't recall that..and I haven't gone back to "check the tape"..Sweet Brucey, on the other hand has done too much BS to list on one page..and has been pivotal (IMO) in dividing Wareham in two..and putting all of "us" in "dire straits"..It's not even close..two man race..DeFelice gets my vote 100 times out of 100 over Sauvageau...just my opinion.

VOTE4CHANGE
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-04-03 16:37:16)

#29 2010-04-03 16:38:16

The picture speaks a thousand words, if memory serves me (and it isn't always that reliable anymore) Bobo wrote a scathing article about that moment including an accusation about DeFelice needing a breath mint. Now that DeFelice is actively working against the two challengers he has become a hero. If DeFelice is successful in his quest to split the vote I would put money on him being the next Man of the Year!
Interestingly enough DeFelice published a list of supporters in his ad in Wareham Week, several of the names such as Roxanne Lopes (who happens to be a good friend of the family and a fine woman we just disagree on everything politics) is very active in the Donahue camp as are several others. Another interesting fact regarding that ad, Wareham Weeks deadline for advertising is Friday at 5 pm and it costs money, why doesn't this expediture show up on DeFelice's report?
The bottom line is that he is in this to split the vote which benefis who? The Donahues! Bobo has suddenly forgotten about the above moment (pictures do speak a thousand words) and even seems to have given the Standard Times a free pass on their "endorsements".
The bottom line here is that anyone can run for anything. We cannot let distractions like Bobo, Donahue or DeFelice deter us from focusing on April 6th.

#30 2010-04-04 20:52:44

TBL

Last chance Mr. Defelice. Pull out of the race now or three more years of the same old thing is guaranteed!!! Don't say we didn't tell you so on Wednesday morning. Your time is next year.

If Mr. Defelice won't pull out of the race his supporters need to see the light and vote for Winslow and Holmes or you will also guarantee three more years of the same old thing.

#31 2010-04-04 22:08:27

The only thing that Defelice could do at this point is to ask people to NOT vote for him.  Getting out of the race still would have his name on the ballot.  All the people who have turned in the absentee ballots have or have not voted for him.  It is a done deal as far as I can tell. 

As for the man himself, I am not very fond of him getting a seat with the selectmen.  I do agree that he would be better than Brucie but I was not very impressed with him at candidates night at all.  That is all I know of him.  Anyone who takes the stage and answers something like  "well I don't know much about that but I have read it in the papers" needs to step back and let the others take the ball and run with it.  Come back next year.  However, he didn't do that so it is a non-issue at this point. 

Get out and vote on Tuesday!  We need this to be a positive change for Wareham.

#32 2010-04-05 07:21:42

DONT THROW YOUR VOTE AWAY AND VOTE DEFELICE. NO INCUMBANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#33 2010-04-05 10:53:20

Frogs if you would vote for bruce before DeFelice your as bad as them. Maybe this town needs someone to shake things up a bit and tell people the TRUTH.... And if they act like a Bozo then call it what it is! I'll be voting for DeFelice and so will everyone i know...

#34 2010-04-05 11:07:49

I think that is great Values, I just don't know how the town gets anything accomplished by the constant fighting, and if I wanted it to continue I would support the incumbents because at least I have a pretty good idea of what their agendas are. I am not sure how yelling, screaming and name calling helps change anything. It is exactly what we have. But, in this great nation we all get to vote and tomorrow night we will see if the community wants change or more of the same. I'm good with that. Personally if he had called me a Bozo I wouldn't have tolerated it! You have your vote and I have mine.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com