#1 2010-03-20 08:00:11

C + ) Steve Holmes: He started the evening well, offering his personal management history as a reason he would be a strong addition to the board. He also stressed the importance of development and creating jobs for local residents. He came across as articulate and intelligent. But he faded badly down the stretch, his delivery becoming increasingly monotone and his speech almost slurred at times (Sauvageau, who sat next to him, told the Observer he smelled no alcohol on Holmes’ breath during the meeting) Yes, it was a long evening for everyone and Holmes was likely just fatigued, but his performance over the last hour raised some eyebrows in the crowd.

TO BASICALLY INFER THAT SOMEONE WAS INTOXICATED IN THE DEBATE IS PRETTY PATHETIC. I SAW THE DEBATE ON TV. MR HOLMES NEVER SLURRED ANY WORDS. AND SLAGER TALKS ABOUT THE SMEARING ON THIS SITE? OBVIOUSLY SLAGER IS GOING TO BE THE INCUMBENTS ATTACK DOG AND GO INTO THE GUTTER. WHAT A LOWLIFE.

#2 2010-03-20 08:25:26

What more would you expect from a tacky tabloid? REAL newspapers would never print such innuendo. I'd suggest to all that if you want info on candidate's night, watch the rerun on cable or read real newspapers.

#3 2010-03-20 08:37:29

This is a new low even for Bobo. Ham of Peace it is going to be hard to stay on the Peace Train after this comment.

Where are you finding the list of when it will be re-broadcast I looked on the tv station web site and couldn't find anything.

#4 2010-03-20 09:00:28

I WAS THERE THAT NITE AND LISTENED TO THE DEBATE , HE DID NOT SLUR HIS WORDS  AND WAS VERY ARTICLATE, THIS IS A DAMM LIE AND PEOPLE CONSIDER THE SOURCE , HE SUPPORTS THE INCUMBANTS  AND ALWAYS ATTACKS THE OPPISION CANDITATES , REMEMBER THE HACK JOB HE HAD DONE ON CARA AND DEFELECE IN THE PAST  ELECTIONS , HE JUST WANTS TO KEEP PUBLISHING THE TOWN WARRANTS  IN HIS DECLINEING NEWSPAPER.

#5 2010-03-20 09:07:12

BY THE WAY IF YOU WANT TO HERE THE TRUTH FOR A CHANGE I HAVE HEARD FROM A RELIABLE SOUCE AND SOME ONE  WHO USED TO LIVE IN BROCTON AND KNOWS BRENDA THAT SHE WAS ALWAYS IN BROCTONS BARS AND WAS DRUNK ALL THE TIME  .

#6 2010-03-20 09:55:37

Even I know that Steve Holmes has a severe degenerative arthritic condition in his back. He is also hypoglycemic.
I imagine that his dedication to the campaign has worn on him physically and he is probably not taking proper care of himself.
He has been campaigning for months, and he doesn't know how to say "no".
He needs to carry snack food with him, which I am sure he realizes, and he needs to get some proper sleep. The pain is draining and it wears on you.
Having said all of that, there isn't any reason to explain. Virtually every news account in reputable and esteemed papers have been positive regarding all of the candidates and their demeanor's. The only mention of someone that was disabled was the Chairman on crutches.
I believe that Steve will stay above this crap and not even respond to it.
I defy ANYONE to come forward and say that he was under the influence of anything.
I don't think it is going to happen.
April 6TH!!
PEACE OUT!
DanO'Peace

#7 2010-03-20 11:27:42

Ham O'Peace here!  Yeah Marny, you're right!  Bobo has de-railed the peace train and he and Sweet Brucie have officially dragged this campaign into the gutter!

Alas, I was unable to attend the OPL night, but by all accounts, Steve Holmes and Cara Winslow were very diplomatic and displayed the positive attributes needed to be good selectmen.  They spoke of their own qualifications and they presented their own ideas (good ideas) to help Wareham.

They graciously avoided opportunities to criticize the incumbents, and there were certainly plenty of opportunities to do so, especially given the fact that the incumbents have, according to rulings of the District Attorney, violated the open meeting law 17 times. 

Yes, Holmes stayed positive and spoke positively and what did he get in return?

Sweet Brucie and Bobo dumpster diving themselves head first into the trash bin of gutter politics.  Holmes  showed strong public speaking abilities, he was upbeat, he chatted with many members of the audience and for Bobo to stoop so low is absolutely pathetic and reeks of desperation on his part.

Sweet Brucey, the incumbent candidate, if he had any interest at all in running a positive campaign, should have told Bobo that he wanted absolutely no part in trashing Holmes and that Bobo's attack was ridiculous and would just make their side look bad.

Instead, Sweet Brucey fully participated in this BS.  That's how desperate these people have become. 

Let us try our best to remain peaceful and support the positive candidates...even when it is obvious to all Wareham residents that Sweet Brucey and Cronie have no problem letting their pet pit bull drag the campaign into the gutter on their behalf.

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Peace-Fingers-Poster-C11790009.jpeg

Peace,

Ham of Peace

#8 2010-03-20 16:56:41

I think I will leave Larry of Peace on the sidelines today. First, I wouldn't worry about a grade given by a man who is the model for business failure. I was there and will have plenty more to say about it very shortly. I spoke with Steve Holmes at the end of candidate's night. He was tired, his back hurt and I KNOW he was hungry. I hope that everyone has a chance to view candidate's night and see how how well all the candidates held up considering the poor behavior displayed by some of the audience.

Now, it is time for all of us to return to the peace train. Consider the source and realize this is a pitiful envious man who once again displayed the very reason he will eventually be out of business.

#9 2010-03-20 19:15:50

What an intriguing development, he gives Winslow a B, Holmes a C+, and DeFelice a D. So if we are to say that what he says is non-sense then how do you explain the B for Winslow? I agree that it is inappropriate for him to make a statement such as slurred speech, but I didn't think a B for one candidate and a C+ for another was such a bad thing. If I had been grading them I would have given Winslow and A- (she did much better this year then last), Holmes a B+ (he is in the spot Winslow was in last year, but he did way better then the incumbents), Cronin a C (I agree with Bobo, he seemed strangely unenthusiastic), DeFelice a D and Sweet Brucey and F.
He actually did something kind of smart, for a change, if anyone takes the position being taken here that also "discredits" the "grade" he gave to Winslow. The grade he gave to Defelice was pretty much on target, my thought is DeFelice ensures one incumbent and one challenger a seat, I don't know why he is in the race.
Just some food for thought.....

#10 2010-03-20 19:43:19

Zoo,

We were referring to Bobo's pathetic comment about Holmes, which was just completely uncalled for and a new low for Bobo.  Didn't mean to take away from anything good said about any other challenger.

#11 2010-03-20 19:54:34

I figured Ham, it is a real crazy thing to say! There are now 16 comments under the story, I wonder if he hit a nerve when he ranked Smith better then Donahue!

#12 2010-03-20 20:04:23

Zoo you couldn't be more on target, "The grade he gave to Defelice was pretty much on target, my thought is DeFelice ensures one incumbent and one challenger a seat, I don't know why he is in the race."  With all due respect to Mr. DeFelice, having three people challenging two incumbents at this point in the election is not a smart move.  The weakest link should step to the side and help back a candidate(s) he sees fit.

#13 2010-03-21 03:30:27

so slager GIVES HIS BUUDDEY AN A  , WELL HE MIGHT TALK GOOD , GUT WE ALL KNOW HIS RECORD  AND THATS WHAT WE SHOULD BE VOTING ON , HE HAS   PUY WAREHAM ON THE VERGE OF BANKRUPTCY.   FOR MORALS AND ETHETICS AND THE SHAPE OF WAREHAM THAT IT IS IN NOW THAN IT WAS IN WHEN HE WAS FIRST ELECTED I GIVE HIM A F ----------- - - - - - - - - - - - - -     ---------- -..

#14 2010-03-22 04:46:00

If Mr.Slager took the amount of time and energy that he put into fabricating lies and stories about Mr.Holmes and others and put it into doing positive things for the town of Wareham it would be a much better place.  Mr.Holmes is a man of great character and his dedication to the town of Wareham is incredible.  To even imply that Mr.Holmes was even the least bit intoxicated is rediculous. You know something Mr.Slager maybe the "raised eyebrows" in the crowd were not because of the WAY Mr.Holmes was speaking but maybe because of WHAT he was saying. Steve has several different health issues which would have caused him to be exhausted at that point in the night. Slager you have reached a new low picking on a man because of his disabilities. On another note...Steve would do a great job as a Selectman. His ideas and positive energy for change in Wareham is refreshing. Its time for new blood and people who really care about what's best for Wareham instead of their own personal agendas. Whatever the people in office are doing obviously isn't working. Has Mr.Slager focused on them? NO instead he has to make up stories about a man who has the best intrest of the residents of Wareham at heart.  At the end of the day wether or not Mr.Holmes wins this election he can hold his head up high and know that he gave 100 percent and ran a honest, clean campaign without slandering and bashing anyone. Mr.Slager when you look in the mirror any given morning  can you say the same thing about yourself?

#15 2010-03-22 07:04:09

AND SLAGER KEEPS GOING ON HIS CHAT:

By: robertslager on 3/21/10
That isn't what I meant, gramyk. Some people have claimed that since Holmes doesn't pay property taxes he should not run for selectman.

ITS ALWAYS SOME OTHER PERSON THAT SLAGER IS WRITING FOR. LETS SEE HOW ABOUT SOMEONE RUNNING WHO HASNT PAID 181,000 DOLLARS IN BACK TAXES, CAR PAYMENTS, CAR INSURANCE, SEWER TAXES (I NOTICE YOU HAVENT SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THAT, NOT READY TO COME OUT AND SAY ITS A BIG FAT LIE LIKE YOU DID WITH BRUCEY'S TAX LIEN?)

#16 2010-03-22 07:06:20

NOTICE THE SLAGER HAS CHOSEN NOT TO ADDRESS:

BRUCE'S FAILURE TO PAY HIS SEWER FEES.

I GUESS HE THINKS THAT IF HE IGNORES IT WILL GO AWAY

Last edited by IHATESLAGER (2010-03-22 14:37:21)

#17 2010-03-22 08:16:05

I read the rantings of those brainless tin hats.  Bobo is trying to say that Holmes' home is in his wife's name and according to Bobo logic, that means he doesn't pay property taxes.

Sorry Bobo, but as usual, you have it all wrong.

Bobo, let me break it down for you.  I realize that is how it works at the Bobo house.  Mrs. Bobo works and pays all the bills while you stare at your computer all day and night blogging away with bagel crumbs all over you, but in the real world, husbands and wives both work, they are considered one under the law, and they both pay their household bills together, no matter whose name the bill is in. 

For Christ sakes Bobo, sorry if this isn't peaceful, but you're almost 50 years old.  Get a job and learn about some of this stuff for yourself.

Criticize Sweet Brucey for not paying $181,000 in back taxes before you go after decent hard working people.

It's just sad that Bobo and the tin hats are so intent on dragging this campaign into the gutter, especially when the challengers have bent over backwards to run a fair campaign.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-03-22 08:20:11)

#18 2010-03-22 08:31:16

I have to say the TFHC will find fault with anything and everything. I attended Bruce's event last night, it was open to the public. I arrived after "the Cara's", when I got there Bruce and Winslow were having what appeared to be a very jovial conversation, I overheard a bit of it as I looked at the brochuers and buttons on the table. What I heard was each of them THANK each other for running clean campaigns, Bruce invite her to say a few words (she declined), Bruce invited them to eat (they declined) in fact Winslow said that she had only come by to wish him well. At that point Mr. Holmes came by, Bruce's wife spoke with the girls (yes I know they are grown women but to an old bird like me they could be my kids!) for a few minutes. By now I was sitting and could not hear the conversation, but they were all smiling. Mr. Holmes sat down to eat. None of them "worked the room", it appeared that each of them had come for their own reasons. Holmes did speak with Bruce, the conversation did not appear strained. The girls left within minutes of Mr. Holmes arriving.
Bruce did a nice job last night, the food was very good and he was on his best behavior. Unfortunately his fan club wasn't, treating a woman (not sure who she is but I know I have seen her before) to their special brand of "welcoming".
I went because I have made a decision to hear out each candidate. I want to know as much as I can about each of them. I think the TFHC owes both Cara's and Holmes an apology. Bruce could have asked them to leave, he didn't. He either a. genuinely appreciated their words (I have no idea what the conversation was between him and Holmes) or b. he pretended like he did really well.
From my perspective, I am happy that the candidate's aren't slinging the mud. It shows a level of maturity not seen amongst some supporters. I felt really bad for that woman last night. If I had gone to support a canidate and been treated that way I would question my support.
The TFHC doesn't mean a word they say, it is a "do as I say not as do" kind of attitude. They are some of the most closed minded people I have encountered in my life. It is especially insulting that many of them have only been here a few years.
At least for this peace blogger I am going to do my due diligence! Maybe the TFHC should do the same. Throwing insult after insult at DeFelice, Holmes, Winslow, Conway & Smith makes me wonder, do any of these people KNOW the individuals they are insulting? If the TFHC wants to set a good example they should stop blaming others for their behaviors and start leading by example.
I was at OPL, the audeience was not stacked, I believe it was half and half. What I did see was yet another public display of the TFHC, if they want to know about Claire Smith maybe they should reach out to her.

#19 2010-03-22 12:45:48

Let me get this straight according to Bobo if you don’t pay property taxes then you shouldn’t be able to run for selectman. I guess that means if you rent a home or live in an apartment you shouldn’t run for the BOS?  Oh by the way Sauvageau property is listed under his wife’s name so I guess he shouldn’t be running for selectman.

#20 2010-03-22 14:38:21

HEY BOBO ITS ALMOST APRIL, WHATS THE STATUS OF YOUR FORMER LANDLORD? ALL THE 5600 DOLLARS PAID UP YET?

#21 2010-03-22 15:10:24

SO A LOT OF PEOPLE WANT PEACE AND SO DO I BUT LISTNEN TO SLAGER ON HIS WEB SITE AND IT IS CLAEAR   THAT HE WILL KEEP  ON LIEING AND WILL NOT STOP HIS CRAP JUST BECAUSE  WE LIGHTEN UP ON HIM  ,HE WILL GET THE LAST WORD IT IS BECAUSE WE THE PEOPLE LET OTHER PEOPLE KNOW WHATS GOING ON THAT WE MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE FOR CHANGE.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com